• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Advanced Trainer's Guide/Pokemon Profile Discussion

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Discuss frostweaver's guide here, please don't post in the main guide.

Last edited:

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    I have a question:What pokemon are best for what EV's?

I.E. what pokemon is best for attack EV's,Sp. Def, etc.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • you will have to make a intellectual call on how to distribute your EV. If you want your stats in that category to be higher, then you will want to dump in EV in that category.

For example:
    Staller will put EV in either HP, Def or Sp. Def in order to further increase their tanking ability. If they excel in both category of defenses, you will want to put in EVs in the 2 defenses. If your staller is someone like Blissey, then put them in HP and sp.def (or which defense category your pokemon excels in)

A sweeper wants all out attack, dealing heavy damage within a rather limited time (due to lack of defense). So you would want to put EV in speed and in the category of attack that your pokemon excels in, and etc...

it's really up to you how you want to distribute them. Put them in the category that your Pokemon excel at, and that's usually a good way to distribute your EVs.

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Oh, goodie! This will help me out a lot. When it comes to team strategy, I am the worst. :laugh:

Years
  • If you feed them rare candies, and buy all the guru stuff, will they have their stats maxed out?

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*knows that you MUST train to get max stats*
    *remembers that each vitamins only provide 10 EV*
    *knows that a Pokemon will only accept (I think) 10 vitamins... which is far from enough for max EV*
    *wants everyone to keep in mind that a Pokemon can never achieve truly max stats for all categories like the old days*

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Brilliant isn?t he? He doesn?t even have that much field experience, but this is a well put together guide. Frosty, do you want two threads? One for comments questions/and one for the guide itself?

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • well certainly frost is very like....helpful. thats alot of cool info for starters. too bad im too lazy to read all of the crap. BORED

Years
  • Fight lotsa enemies when you're Lv100, like 20-30, then put in the box. Go to that woman on Slateport and if she gives you an effort ribbon, your stats are maxed. If not, fight 20-30 pokemon again, put in the box, repeat, repeat, etc.

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Hmm the Double Team + Pressure combo is pure evil. I gotta try that one someday, lol. Thanks Frosty for the tips!

As Kairi said before... Brilliant!

Off-topic: Cool, you're all into Naruto? I'm up to episode 40 right now. Great series, isn't it? *vanishes*

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I'm not sure if he added it, but Sub/Focus Punch also works quite well. You have to use something that won't have its sub pop in one shot for real effectiveness though. Kangaskhan and Snorlax do it pretty well.

Years
  • Do rare candies re-come back whatever thingy? I mean can you get them more than once in the same place.

Back