• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RECRUITING] Team Asphalt(Pokemon FireRed Hack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
INTRODUCTION

Hey guys! GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810 here! I figured I'd start out with just a little information on where the idea for Pokemon Asphalt came from, how I wound up with my current, 3 person team, and why I need all the help I can get to finish this hack. First off, Pokemon Asphalt started as just a map edit of Fire Red, with plans to do more. It was when I was bored, with ThatGuyWalkingBy Skyping me, and I decided to start a new hack, since my previous Sonic'Mon Fire Red and Digimon Leaf Green hacks didn't turn out so well...however, minus a few glitches, Asphalt is coming along nicely. However, I do need more help. The friends that I have helping me right now don't have many skills, nor do I, and we're taking all the help we can get, regardless of skill level. So far, Team Asphalt consists of just 3 people, and only one of them (me) is a legitimate member. I'm also the only one with a PokeCommunity account out of the 3 of us. So I'm the only one that can ask you guys for help. We don't have an Advance Scripter, or anyone that can use programs that require fixes like "comdlg32.ocx" (examples being Advance Mart Editor & Icon Editor). Being the only one with a PC Acct. also means I'm the only one that can download some of the Hacking Tools on the site (which was the original reason I got the account, anyway.) Anyway, here's who I've got on the team so far.

TEAM MEMBERS

Name: GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810
Nickname(s): OmegaGamingCorps, OGC, Omega
Skills: Spriting, Mapping, VERY BASIC Scripting, Fakemon Designing, Trainer editing, Fakemon Insertion, & Storyline Ideas.
Position: Leader

Name: ThatGuyWalkingBy
Nickname(s): TGWB, ThatGuy, Aintbuscus
Skills: Stroyline Ideas & Advertisement
Position: Volunteer Helper

Name: Solarsonic111
Nickname(s): PCN, SuperPopcornNinja, Solar
Skills: Spriting, Mapping, Demented Fakemon Design
Position: Volunteer Helper

Name: MySlimey
Nickname(s): Goober, SuperSlimey, Barq
Skills: Basic Scripting, Can use Advance Mart, Trainer Editor
Position: Advanced Mart...er

Name: Sotekh
Nickname(s): Sotekh
Skills: Trainer editing, Advanced scripting, Fakemon designing, Banner Making, & Userbars
Position: Lead Scripter/Banner Maker, Fakemon Designer

Name: Gourang
Nickname(s): Gourang
Skills: Tile Insertion & Fakemon Designing
Position: Tile Inserter & Fakemon Designer

IDEAS AND ADDITIONS

• New Eeveelutions: Fighting, Rock, and Ghost
  • Day & Night
  • Lots of Fakemon
  • Secrets to find
  • Multiple Rivals
  • Increased Story length
  • 2 Evil Teams & 1 Good Team
  • Easter Eggs: One town is an easter egg completely about TGWB
  • Better graphics and enhanced music
  • New Pokemon Types: Fairy, Light, & Nightmare, totaling 20 types

Yeah, I have plenty of hopes for this game, but I can't have any of this happen with the team's current skill level. That's why I'm desperate (Yes, desperate) for help. The application form is at the bottom of this thread, and I hope you guys assist me well! But first, let me make sure I list what I need of you guys. If you guys can do this, that's great!

NECESSITIES
  • Hex Editor
  • Advance Scripter
  • Anyone that doesn't get that error message about "comdlg32.ocx" when trying to open programs like Advance Mart or Icon Editor
  • World Map Editor
  • Fakemon Designers, and LOTS of 'em
  • A-Trainer Editor User (Mine doesn't let me edit Misty or Lt. Surge...)
  • Battle Backdrop Editor (HP Bar, Background In-Battle, etc.)
  • Title Screen Editor
  • Cry Editor (I broke a ton of cries the first time I tried using PokeCry.)
  • Music Inserter
  • Tile Inserter

POSITIONS OPEN

• Hex Editor
  • Fakemon Designers
  • Trainer Editor
  • Glitch Fixer
  • Title Screen Editor
  • Cry Inserter
  • Music Editor
  • Move Editor
  • Trainer Spriters
  • Item Creator
  • Banner Creator (For PC)
  • Battle Background Editor
  • Game Intro Editor
  • Type Inserter/Editor
  • Overworld Creator
  • Tilseset Creator
  • Storyline Idea Assistance
  • Sprite Shader

In case you wanted to see some of the game's current design ideas and project workings, here's what we have.

CURRENT ADDITIONS
  • Male Trainer Overworlds Almost completely edited
  • Male Trainer Card inserted, but glitchy
  • 7 of 8 Gym Cities edited (Subject to change when new tiles inserted)
  • Starter Lines completely inserted(Names subject to change if something better comes along)
    GRASS/DRAGON: STEGEAF--->FERAVINE--->TREEGOSAUR
    FIRE/FLYING: CHARK--->FLARIZA--->PHENOSHOCK
    WATER/PSYCHIC: PSICARP--->TELEFINN--->MEDITANIC
  • Routes 1-4 edited (renamed Routes 760-763)
  • Lavender Town Edited
  • Rival Dialogue (partially) edited
  • BEBUG line completely inserted (BEBUG--->NIGHTCOON--->DUSKLITE)
  • VOLTOX inserted (ELECTRIC/NORMAL)
  • SUBZORO inserted (GRASS/ICE)
  • Zubat Copy inserted (BABAT--->DUALBAT--->GHOULBAT)
  • Secret Evolutions inserted for certain POKEMON
    Spoiler:
  • Gym Types Edited (1st-Still Rock, 2nd-Still Water, 3rd-Still Electric, 4th-Water/Light, 5th-Flying, 6th-Nightmare, 7th-Fighting, 8th-Ice) These are subject to change once I get trainer edits working again.
  • CUT removed from the game (Unless we can fix the way you get it.)
  • New Professor Inserted-
    Spoiler:
APPLICATION FORM

Nickname(s):
Skills:
Position Applying For:
Proof of Work(If Any):
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.):
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping:

CLOSING THOUGHTS
And, with that, thanks for reading through my recruitment thread. As I said, I'm taking all the help I can get, regardless of skill level. I hope to hear from you guys soon, and make Team Asphalt grow! One of the only things I've ever wanted to do since learning how to do so, was to create a successful rom hack. I hope you guys can help with that! ^^ Thank you guys for reading this. The current members of Team Asphalt thank you in advance! BAM!

EDIT: The Team is no more.

Last edited:

MySlimey

The Hero
Years
Nickname(s):Goober, SuperSlimey, Barq
Skills:Basic Scripting, I can use Advance Mart, Trainer editing
Position Applying For: What positions are available?
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Skype is MySlimey
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping:Any time you want and as soon as possible.

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
Nickname(s):Goober, SuperSlimey, Barq
Skills:Basic Scripting, I can use Advance Mart, Trainer editing
Position Applying For: What positions are available?
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Skype is MySlimey
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping:Any time you want and as soon as possible.

Well, the current positions open are anything listed under "Necessities". When they're filled, I'll change that text to red to symbolize that we no longer need that position. Basically, your skills are something that needs filled in. ^^ Welcome to Team Asphalt, SuperSlimey!

Also, I'll put the positions we need filled into the recruiting thread, so it isn't so confusing.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Skills:Trainer editing, Advanced scripting, Fakemon designing, Banner Making, Userbars
Position Applying For: Anything that i can help with.
Proof of Work(If Any): PM me if you want to see any proof.
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Skype, PM
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping: Anytime

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
Skills:Trainer editing, Advanced scripting, Fakemon designing, Banner Making, Userbars
Position Applying For: Anything that i can help with.
Proof of Work(If Any): PM me if you want to see any proof.
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Skype, PM
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping: Anytime

Awesome! Welcome to Team Asphalt! Quick question though...what are userbars? I'm still fairly new to romhacking...unless it has nothing to do with hacking itself, then I'll feel like a complete idiot...

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 21, 2014
Userbars are basically small banners used to promote something in your signature.

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
Userbars are basically small banners used to promote something in your signature.

Alright, that works out well! I'll have you get started on stuff when I get back from school tomorrow (Around 3:00 pm EST) cuz I'm exhausted...I didn't sleep last night at all, so I'll start major work on the game with you guys tomorrow.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 22, 2014
Skills: Tile Inseter and Fakemon Designer(I can give you a Photoshop made image not the sprite)
Position Applying For: Tile Inserting and Fakemon Designing
Proof of Work(If Any): I will PM you if you want
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Pokecommunity PM
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping: When you want

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
Skills: Tile Inseter and Fakemon Designer(I can give you a Photoshop made image not the sprite)
Position Applying For: Tile Inserting and Fakemon Designing
Proof of Work(If Any): I will PM you if you want
Means of contact (Skype, PM, Yahoo!, etc.): Pokecommunity PM
How soon you can get in contact with me/start helping: When you want

Alright! Welcome to Team Asphalt! I was hoping to get a Tile Inserter, so we could get the maps looking more like new maps, rather than just re-designed Kanto Maps.^^

GoldenRiolu/Veemon8810

OmegaGamingCorps
Years
Come on guys, we need help! *BUMP*

Okay, if I can say one thing before I request something of the admins? When you join a hack, you're expected to, I dunno, HELP OUT?! I try to get in contact with all of you, and none of you hardly reply. It feels like you guys only joined to get easy credit and have your names printed in the credit roll. So, I'm gonna request that the Team Asphalt Forum be shut down, and all members get rid of their copies of the game. If someone tries to use my romhack as a base for theirs, I'll know. So please, don't upset me more than I already am. I had high hopes for Asphalt, but I guess I don't get to make a game...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back