• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Creatures of Gaia - Feedback wanted!

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Hi Pokémon Fans!

title_small.png

Introduction

Today I would like to present you an upcoming game! It is not yet released, still in development but a peek preview is available! It is loosely inspired from Pokémon, yet different and unique. In this game, you are a Beast Master. You control creatures and battle with them to deliver the island of Gaia from a lurking evil! On your journey, you will face many extraordinary creatures to fight, capture and train. To achieve victory, wise tactics will be the key!

Screenshots

Spoiler:

If you want to make a screencast, you're welcome!

Gameplay

The core of the game revolves around your party of 6 creatures. With them, you'll fight against other teams of 6 creatures. Every creature is unique. They have different health, strength, attack patterns and many creatures have unique skills. In these turn based battles, choosing the right party and playing them wisely will be the key to victory!

Moreover, when gaining experience your creatures will level up and you can choose how they will evolve. But there is more than fighting, you'll have a story to follow, treasures to loot and many mysterious places to discover... and well, if you really would like to see something added, just tell me! I may be able to do it!

Tools of the Trade

The game is 100% HTML/JavaScript! In other words, you can also play it on your phone or tablet! Actually, it'd be great if you can try it out to confirm it works all right. :)

The peek preview

Here you go:

http://www.creatures-of-gaia.com/demo

The final game, to be released in December or January, should feature more than 100 creatures, and possibly a way to battle with friends! Stay tuned!

As the game is still in development, I'm eager to hear some feedback. I'd like to make the game as good as possible, addictive! I work for you, players, literally. So if you find something should be improved, please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeak6464

Zeak #3205 - Discord
    Years
  • Hi guys,
    Sorry for the delay with my responses ...actually, I don't know what I can say/add. It still feels difficult and I'm wondering each day if it makes sense to pour time and effort in the game I'm making.

Here it is if you wanna try it out:
    creatures-of-gaia.com/demo

Yet, somehow, I feel obliged to pull it through because I already put so much work in it. And I want to give it up at the same time. Not easy.

I tried it , and well ... no tutorial and i have no clue whats going on at all except for im atking animals which is all it seems ....
    I also got stuck on the 3rd battle because it couldn't let me even select a target for an atk.
    snag.gy/wGNed.jpg <-- Picture of were i got stuck

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
    Years
  • Played this and thought it was pretty good. The tutorial should be much more in-depth though, I can see how people can get lost.

Found it pretty lame I couldn't get a boss monster if you don't get it the first time.

Those little flying things you get at the beginning, well, I got a team of 3 and kept them in the back. Got their damage to max and had 3 tanks with maxed health in the front. I destroyed just about everything...

And these dingo things that dodge everything I doubt it's evade rate is 4%, it's more like 40%. Very annoying when this happens:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Are there any possibilities to save the progress or did I miss sth?

Nice game btw. Can't wait to see how the story will be.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2014
    Oh damn, I missed my own thread! Lol! :p
    ...since I'm a new member with too few posts, I couldn't post links and images, so I my post was on hold! :P Thanks Maruno!

And thanks to those who played! Glad some of you enjoyed it!

@Zeak6464
    The tutorial is what you started with. :) It's the lovely lady speaking to you, explaining you what to do. Didn't you see her? Before the battle where you get stuck, she also tells you that you have to drag and drop the creature in order to move it.

@Evil Arms
    Yeah, those dingos as you name them have a typo, it's indeed 40% instead of 4% :p
    As for the tactics, you're right, placing the three "flutters" in the back with maxed out damage was indeed the best tactics. In the meanwhile, I updated many things in the game. Now you can also buy monsters, and have as many as you want in your reserve. :)

@S-25
    Tadam, a piece of story has just become available in the new update! :) With 2 new NPCs! :) ...don't expect too much, it's still a simple story. ;)
    ...as for saving, it saves the creatures you have and your equipment. When you clear out an area, it saves it too, but when you are in the middle of it, it doesn't ...perhaps I should take care of that.

Back