• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
If that is a new-type, then I really can't wait to see the kinds of Magic-types we'll have. n___n;; And then there'll be a Magic-type Gym leader, and E4, and the list goes on~!

...It's kind of strange now, how I've shifted from being on the fence about new types to now being kind of for it. :x
idk which post to quote so I am quoting this one!!

Anyway I think Magic is way too close to Psychic, given that they'd both do the same sort of things.

Navy Blue

Artist
Years
Yes. Variety. I love it.
For Pokemon, of course I'd start over. I don't want to be left behind, so I will adapt to changes eventually; and plus, I do like the idea of strategy (sorta bored of killing every one of them with my starter(Serperior)).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Better to just rage about the new type and get over it than rage about how Venusaur and Volcarona are sweeping people's teams left and right in Sun, and how Tentacruel/Toxicroak/Polioed/Jolt are the pokes you're most likely going to see in rain, and that Hippo/Tar/Gliscor/Chomp/Jirachi/Skarmory are going to be the Pokemon you're going to see most in sand.

The general point is...the metagame, at this point, is just boring and extremely repetitive. Back in 4th gen, the only weather you really had to worry about was sand and that was because of the introduction of Gliscor and as well as (iirc) T-tar's 50% sanstorm boost to it's spdef, as well as Hippowdon. Rain was only a concern because of Starmie (who was like, a top tier threat iirc), but aside from that, I feel that a lot more strategy was used back in 4th gen competitive, because you won't have to worry about your opponent spamming weather anymore, really.

And it's not so much about introducing Weather killers anymore (though that would help, believe me). It's just introducing Pokemon with more variety. That's what the metagame is lacking. More diverse typing, more diverse abilities, more substance. Something to make OU less weather-based and actually centered around building a decent team and preparing for x threats and figuring out how to deal with it, kind of like how it was in Gen 4, what with most team's biggest threat at that point was prob LO (or Sash) Weavile.

As long as this generation introduces variety, I'm happy.

The only variety I'm looking for in XY is more Pokemon in OU, so there will be less in the lower tiers. That way, a lot of low-tier Pokemon won't have their hearts broken for not being used by players who think they're weak/useless/inferior to Pokemon in OU. These Pokemon want to fight against the big boys.

I wouldn't call Gen IV's metagame as the best, because of the complete dominance of Stealth Rock, which has hindered a lot of Fire, Ice, Bug, and Flying types, and it allowed Dragon types to wreck the metagame with physical Outrage, leading to the dominance of Water, Fighting, Ground, and Steel types to counter each other and resist Stealth Rock. There was also physical Dark moves like Pursuit that greatly hindered Psychic types.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
Even though it's only fan art, if the Boxart for X & Y were to look anything like this, I'd be happy.
936433_530283253689503_307268160_n.png

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I went back a few pages and didn't see this posted anywhere, so here's a tweet from Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Please don't be a new type >.<

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
I went back a few pages and didn't see this posted anywhere, so here's a tweet from Pokémon:

Spoiler:

Please don't be a new type >.<

Uhhh that tweet is kinda fake, first off, I am looking at Pokémon's twitter at this moment and they never made a tweet on the 22nd, 2nd, the twitter font is arial, that picture there is Times New Roman.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
Oh dear.

Surprised they actually included Clefairy.

Well, let's go through the list here:

Clefairy:

• Is a Pokemon (duh)
  • Fairy-like (another duh)
  • Normal-typed
  • Wondering why they didn't mention Clefable since it's more fairy-like but I guess.
  • Is one type

Sylveon

• Is a Pokemon
  • Fairy-like
  • MIGHT be Normal-typed
  • Chances are pretty likely it's singular-typed.

Xerneas

• Is a Pokemon
  • It....isn't really Fairy-like, ish?
  • Could possibly be singular typed, though I can't imagine it being Normal, but it's a possibility!
  • Legendary Pokemon

Also, the reason why I said "Is a pokemon" is just in case Pokemon wanted to do something cheesy like "they're all pokemon!!! hahahahah" or something like that just to troll and piss people off (though I feel that's kind of unlikely).

So yeah, maybe I'm just not seeing some pattern of consistency here other than the fact that Xerneas might be just one-type, since Sylveon and Clefairy are?

That Tweet is fake, it's the wrong font and if you actually visit Pokémon's twitter, you'll see this tweet does NOT exist.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Nothing like a fake tweet to cause confusion. I could easily create a fake tweet myself saying "Sylveon confirmed Bug-type" and there would be wild panic when I post the image because some people don't think, check the official account first; they haven't tweeted anything of that nature, obviously.

And no, I'm not making a fake tweet.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I do think a new type is possible and I would welcome it. I personally care nothing for the metagame, it isn't about that for me, it's about adding something interesting to the games, a new type would do just that, mix things up. I like the idea of a Fairy type honestly, or any other interesting ideas they come up with. A new type also means more concepts to explore when creating Pokemon, and I'd look forward to seeing what the new type would include Pokemon wise.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Except you would have to be a credible person (i.e, someone working for Gamefreak/Nintendo/or an affiliate of those two) for people to actually believe you and start flipping out. Otherwise, they probably wouldn't worry about it too much. :P
Did I neglect to mention I would be able to merge the @Pokemon layout with the actual text by using Paint to copy the text over top of the layout? I can demonstrate this if you don't follow what I'm saying.

Cyclone

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I would like box art like that. I'm expecting 3D box art though.

You mean that you want the X/Y box-art to feature something like the holographic imagery used in the bonus pages from the last two Collector's Edition guides? Now, that would be quite[/I[ awesome!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Agreeing with a different climate for the starting town. I mean, it sort of makes sense having a neutral area for the three starters, but then again their all manually brought there anyways so that doesn't really matter anyways. But yeah, it'd just be interesting to have a player start near a volcano or in a desert as suggested!

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Agreeing with this, though I can definitely see why they chose more or less of a neutral climate to start off. Though I'd prefer it if your main character would start off in more of a snowy climate, but that's just me. :P

Were't there some patches of snow in Pokémon Platinum Version's Twinleaf Town that replaced the puddles that had been there in Diamond and Pearl? I wouldn't mind seeing more of that white stuff near the beginning of the game…

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Agreeing with a different climate for the starting town. I mean, it sort of makes sense having a neutral area for the three starters, but then again their all manually brought there anyways so that doesn't really matter anyways. But yeah, it'd just be interesting to have a player start near a volcano or in a desert as suggested!
I was thinking of desert when I typed that. Last night I had a dream in which the starter town was in a desert, it looked cool (Uxie was also there but that's beside the point). Maybe the observatory we saw in the trailer can be near the players house?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
I was thinking of desert when I typed that. Last night I had a dream in which the starter town was in a desert, it looked cool (Uxie was also there but that's beside the point). Maybe the observatory we saw in the trailer can be near the players house?

How do you know that's an observatory? I thought it looked similar to Pokémon Colcsseum's Realgam Tower, so maybe that structure could somehow contain the region's Battle Tower that the third version or sequel pair usually turns into a Battle Frontier? But then again, Generation V just had the Battle Subway…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back