• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
Years
  • I need help. I'm saving my Masterball for Mewtwo. so i use a Ultraball on all the other rare Pokemon. When ever i see Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres I lower their defence and give them a status problem. Then when the HP is down throw a Ultraball. Every time I end up wasting about 15 Ultraballs and still can't catch that Pokemon. I can't post this in simple questions the thread is closed.

Absent

Absent > You
    Years
  • o.o What do you mean that the Simple Questions thread is closed?

Well... to respond to your problem, you're most likely going to waste quite a few Ultraballs trying to catch the legendary birds. But, if you only have a certain amount on you, try saving in front of the bird. That way, every time you run out of Ultraballs, you could just try again. Eventually you'll catch it, although I prefer to just chuck the balls at it nonstop.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2010
    encyclopediajm said:
    I need help. I'm saving my Masterball for Mewtwo. so i use a Ultraball on all the other rare Pokemon. When ever i see Articuno, Zapdos or Moltres I lower their defence and give them a status problem. Then when the HP is down throw a Ultraball. Every time I end up wasting about 15 Ultraballs and still can't catch that Pokemon. I can't post this in simple questions the thread is closed.
    Believe me 15 Ultra Balls is not going to cut it most of the time... I had Zapdos, asleep with basically a slither of HP left..and it still broke out from 15 Ultras and all my Greats.

If you have the money stock up about 35 Ultras, Save in front of the Birds (incase of a accidental kill) and then Paralyze..or put to Sleep...while putting their HP in the red, and just chuck away.

Sometimes you get lucky..I caught Articuno with only about 8 ultras...Zapdos..and Moltres were *****es though lol they wasted like 25 Ultras each.

Good luck catching them.

encyclopediajm

Advanced Trainer
    Years
  • I do save my game in front of them. but i still cant catch them. I have turned the GBA on and off probably 20 times. and i dont want to use cheats to catch them

enyce

banned
    Years
  • Sleep>>>>any other status condition when catching pokemon. Paralysis in a close second

Its a fact. Lowering defense or any other stat does didly squat.

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
  • Hmm actually 15 is lucky, I remember wasting about 30-45 ultras on the regis after a few tries, and with para+low hp, but hey you're getting a pretty good pokemon.

Squeegee Beckenheim

SB - The Hunk (Since 2005)
    Years
  • The Simple Questions thread is not closed. I have no idea where you get that from. It is stickied near the top or on top of the FR/LG (GBA) thread listing, and you can always click the link in my sig. You need to use this thread because it causes spam when you don't.

Now, as far as your problem is concerned I have a couple suggestions. You need to have lots of patience. You also need to have plenty of Ultra Balls. I suggest holding off on catching the birds till after the Elite Four. That way you have the Elite Four cash to waste on Ultra Balls. It will take time, and if you are a legendary bird lover it is worth it.

Next time, use Simple Questions. I guarantee, it is never closed.

CLOSED

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back