• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Weekly Anim? Discussion #381: Claydol, Big And Tall

Soul-Music

Nurse in the making!
Years
  • Well, the episode is really funny. And I never knew that Claydol would be that big. My question is, how is it that there are two large pokeballs?

I mean did not the white sage only summoned for one? So, why is it two?

Years
  • Who knows?

Besides that, I'd like to point out Brock's Mudkip and Lombre. Did you guys see how far they fired their Water Gun attacks from? And it still stopped the giant Claydol in its tracks for a bit? Man, that's one strong stream of water!

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    ..The episode was okay, but...did anyone else notice the difference in the theme...? All the Next-Gen Pokemon were gone...

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Ehh personally I just saw this episode as another one of those mere fillers >_>

Years
  • Ichapokemr said:
    ..The episode was okay, but...did anyone else notice the difference in the theme...? All the Next-Gen Pokemon were gone...

Amazing no one commented on this but yeah, this episode felt like a Kanto episode, right down to the animation. Complete with the Rockets' scheming. It was quite entertaining.

Although several issues: Ash noted that the Rockets have no money. How would he know that? He isn't that observational and by the mechas we've seen over the past few seasons, the Rockets aren't complaining on money nor whining on food (Season Three). And he doesn't care about the Rockets so why note this? But it's been established that his empathy is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Noticed how the stealing argument came back with May and she again became pissy with the Rockets, like with Jessie in the maiden scene. This is the second episode in May is pissy with the Rockets' motive/methods, obviously some kind of complex here.

Wobbuffet was used wonderfully here. When was the last time that happened? Icons ahoy!

Noticed how the ending wasn't deus ex machina again? They did what they could with what they got. Given last episode's nice bit of the ending, hopefully the deus ex machina streak will be over now. I hope.

But for a filler, it was a nice quirky one. 7/10.

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
  • Dark Weezing said:
    Amazing no one commented on this but yeah, this episode felt like a Kanto episode, right down to the animation. Complete with the Rockets' scheming. It was quite entertaining.

Although several issues: Ash noted that the Rockets have no money. How would he know that? He isn't that observational and by the mechas we've seen over the past few seasons, the Rockets aren't complaining on money nor whining on food (Season Three). And he doesn't care about the Rockets so why note this? But it's been established that his empathy is a mile wide and an inch deep.

Noticed how the stealing argument came back with May and she again became pissy with the Rockets, like with Jessie in the maiden scene. This is the second episode in May is pissy with the Rockets' motive/methods, obviously some kind of complex here.

Wobbuffet was used wonderfully here. When was the last time that happened? Icons ahoy!

Noticed how the ending wasn't deus ex machina again? They did what they could with what they got. Given last episode's nice bit of the ending, hopefully the deus ex machina streak will be over now. I hope.

But for a filler, it was a nice quirky one. 7/10.

Agreed!!! Thats why I porbably liked the episode so much. It was a bit of a change from most filler we've been having lately, and it felt more like the classic way of doing things.

French maid wobbuffet was halairious... I'll be giggling about that for a few days. Nurse May was also funny. Silly Claydol didn't fing her attractive like that, yet I know many fanboys that did.

Either way, fun filler episode.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Dark Weezing said:

Yes. I agree here. And of course if you take this into account, one phrase comes to mind. 'The writers are getting lazy.'

Claydol Big and Tall: Yes... Yes it was...

Back