• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sebbe's short return to hacking / [Not having to restart with flash-64k]

Years
  • Hey what up pc?
    I discovered something neat I'll post it here instead of in the hacking area so it helps people who are not hackers.

According to the emulation FAQ, If you don't start off with flash- 128k this is your situation.
    Q. "The save file has been erased due to corruption or damage." And I just beat the Elite Four. What should I do?
    A. You ignored "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.", and it is your fault. There's no way to perform an actual save, or continue after the Elite Four. In lamens terms: "You're literally screwed". You have to start all over again, but first you need to fix "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed.", which is described above.

Well, I started playing Fire Red again, and was just playing by the default setteings. I was "literally screwed" too, and decided to fix it.

I'll write a more general tutorial on how to find such results soon, but here is just how to fix the save.

1) Go Options--> Emulator --> Save Type --> FLASH 128K
    2) Tools --> Memory viewer
    3) A new Window opens, go to the whitebar at the top right corner and write "3005004" and press go.
    4) On the first number write 01 instead of 00.
    16m1zc3.png

You should know be able to save using the games saving option instead of the emulators savestates.

Video, anyone?

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • That's interesting. By the way, I've recently gotten back into hacking, but not here... I'll send you a PM, you may really enjoy this information.

Back