• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Writing New Years All Over Again! [NYE THREAD]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024

Writing New Years All Over Again!

'Tis the time to write about New Year all over again! Have you ever wanted to write something about the holidays or the New Year but has no apparent reason to do so? Or you just want to write something right now? Well whatever the reason may be, everyone can join in this New Year/holiday-themed writing contest organized by me, Zeffy, and JX Valentine!

Everyone who joins in this contest will recieve an emblem. The best 3 writings submitted will recieve a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place Winner emblem!

How do we start writing?

Well thank you for asking! The way that this contest will run is that we will ask the participants to write a one-shot story/fanfiction to be judged by me, Zeffy, JX Valentine, and bobandbill! Bear in mind, though, that there are a few rules in this contest:

1. The piece that will be submitted must be yours, and you must be the one who made it.
    2. The submission must either be "Holiday" or "New Year" themed.
    3. Submit to me, via PM, your entry. After then, you must post your entry here in this thread.
    4. The piece that will be submitted must not be rated R/18/M.
    5. The entry can be either Pokémon-related or not.
    6. Do not forget to have fun while writing it.

The deadline of entries will be January 1st, 2011 12:00 AM GMT-11. No more entries will be accepted starting at 1:00 AM of January 1st, 2011. Judging will start a few hours later.

How do we submit our writings?

You just need to PM me, Zeffy, your entry using this format and I will be the one responsible to hand it out to the judges:

[b]Title[/b]:
    [spoiler]<your stuff goes here>[/spoiler]

Remember that the title of the PM must have "Contest Entry" in it.
    Once PM'd, you should post your entry here, too! So that way, we won't get any problems not receiving your entries.

How will our entries be judged?

The judging system would be a thirty-points total score that will be divided into 3 categories, namely Characterization, Description, and Plot. Each judge will give up to the maximum of 10 points for each category. For example,

Spoiler:

Easy right?

Final Words

What are you waiting for? Join now! We are getting optimistic about reading your writings! Remember the deadline! If you have any questions regarding this event, then don't hesitate to ask us!

Bay

Years
  • Yay, a writing contest I'm not judging in. XD

Bleh, so I have what like, a couple more days to write it out (didn't write anything for this contest because of real life stuff -__- )? I have an idea, but not sure if I'll be able to get it done on time as I'll be busy with other stuff. I'll try my best, though!

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm so glad! ^^;
    I hope more people will join, though. I'm quite nervous that only a few people will join.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm not new to writing, yet this is technically my first time I'll be dedicating to fan fiction. I'll participate in this event. Hopefully there's more people that join Like MissSmarties, who I just challenged her on this through twitter.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I can write something up for this contest. ^_^;
    It'll be the first fanfiction contest I participated in, but I'm ready for it. I'll start later today.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I will be participating. I didn't intend to submit the fanfic I was writing to this, bu-ut... AdvancedK47 challenged me. Let's do this thing!

Hitoshizuku

something shining
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    I'm working on something, too! ^_^ I hope more people join as well!

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • So I should post my entry here now? Okay...
    I was kind of dialogue-happy with this one...

A New Beginning
    Spoiler:

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Well, since I PMed it to you, here it is for all to read. This isn't Pokemon related, obviously, but a Touhou fanfic. Yeah.

The New Year

Spoiler:

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Alright, I'm done with mine. And I really think I've done satisfactoraly~

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Well, here's mine. We're supposed to submit it here and to Zeffy, right?

Title:
    2011 - The Beginning of a Romantic Year
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I'm glad there's people who joined! I hope to see more soon, though. You still have, more or less, 24 hours to submit your entry! :D

Look for the time here. Remember: 1:00 AM GMT-11! :D

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • Ooh, I'll join! I just need to find time later to proofread my entry and then finally enter it. This post is where I will post it. ^__^

EDIT: Here it is! It is Final Fantasy Tactics A2 themed. I hope it doesn't confuse everyone out there who hasn't played it...

Krismas?:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hitoshizuku

something shining
    Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2011
    kk, here's mine! Happy New Year to everybody! ^_^

Title: First Station
    Spoiler:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Oh oh, better hurry guys! There's about 3 hours left. And thanks for all who joined. ^^;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Baw. Only three hours? /hustles to try to finish her fanfic. Prolly won't finish it in time, woe. v_v

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back