• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Aides [T] {OOC and SU}

The Immortal One

Life... Challenge Accepted!
Years
  • The Aides

OOC and SU

Rated T

Plot
    Professor Oak had worked at his lab in Pallet Town for nearly fifty years. But his years finally caught up to him and he found himself ready to retire. His grandson, Gary Oak, took over his practice. Gary's main focus was to study the actions of the legendary Pokemon all around the world. He wanted to find a way to capture them and use them to finally win the Indigo League. But no matter what he tried, he would still fail. He spent hours, conducting studies, running tests and working on battle strategies to capture the beasts.

With all of Gary's time focused on capturing the legendary Pokemon from around the world, he had little time and no focus on his real studies of the Pokemon world. With the reputation of the Oak Pokemon Research Facility hanging in the balance, his four aides were doing all the research for the lab itself. These aides were the real Pokemon Professor's while Gary was just a power hungry person wanting the labs resources for his own personal games.

Months went by and Gary was still unsuccessful in capturing a single legendary Pokemon. But the aides were able to uncover some amazing mysteries that still lied in the Pokemon world. Things like the Red Gyaradous was actually a separate breed of Pokemon, the baby in Kangaskhan's pouch is an actually Pokemon species they've called Kangashank and the biggest of all, they've discovered the qualities of the GS Ball.

The ball had even stronger effects on capturing Pokemon than the Master Ball. The Master Ball just captured the Pokemon, the GS Ball would capture the Pokemon and insure total control of that Pokemon's actions, making them act like a puppet.

The Aides rejoiced over the mysteries they had solved. But when Gary discovered their discoveries, he decided he would take the credit for it and use the GS Ball for his own purposes. The Aides refused to give up their work and left the lab. Gary sent people after them in order to get the work that these aides deserve credit for.

So… What Do I Have to Do With This?
    Well, you are one of the four aides on the run, trying to protect their work so they could receive the credit they so rightfully deserve.

You could also be four of the people trying to capture these aides that are running from Professor Gary Oak.

Your goal for the aides is to protect their work until they can find a way for people to see it was theirs. While the goal for Gary's men is to capture these aides and make sure Gary takes their work.

Rules
    -I will not be playing in this RP. Instead, I'll just GM. I will occasionally play as an NPC. Since I am the GM, what I say goes. You may input ideas but I decide whether they come into effect.
    -All PC RPing rules apply.
    -Be respectful to each other.
    -NO ONE LINERS! I WANT PARAGRAPHS!
    -The aides must travel together, but the Gary's men can travel alone.
    -I will add in events during the RP that can help, or hinder, either sides chances of success.
    -Stay ACTIVE! If you are inactive for too long, you will be booted from this RP.
    -This RP is rated T. So, cursing is allowed, though I want it to a minimum.
    -Have good spelling and grammar please.
    -Have fun!

Sign-Up

Allegiance: Aide or Capturer
    Name:
    Personality: A few paragraphs
    History: A few paragraphs
    Pokemon: One Pokemon only. Not too powerful or too weak

Accepted RPers
    Aides
    -First Snow as Alex Tran
    -
    -
    -
    Capturers
    -
    -
    -
    -

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I would like a spot reserved for one of the aides too.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Allegiance:
    Aide

Name:
    Alex Tran

Appearance:
    Alex stands at a short stature of 5'5", standard for many people of his race. He has black hair, that he prefers to keep cut short, instead of growing it out ridiculously long like most younger people of this and his generation. His eyes are slanted, which is common amongst his ethnic group and his skin is a bit tanner than it used to be because of all the traveling he has done due to Donald's insistence and field work. He is very skinny, with some muscle due to the field work he does, but if he didn't do all the field work he would be as skinny as a twig. His arms are long and his fingers are bony.

Alex wears black, thick rimmed glasses that cover his brown eyes. He usually wears a polo shirt with a black sweater vest and a bow tie. He doesn't own a single pair of jeans, preferring the use of khakis and he wears nice dress shoes indoors and in the office and a pair of nikes when he is out on the field. When he is working he puts on his lab coat. The pockets of the coat are filled with pens, sharpies, an occasional pencil and eraser, sticky notes, note cards, and a small notepad.

Personality:

Alex is a psychologist of sorts. He not only is an expert on the behavioral traits of humans, he is also has vast knowledge of the psychology of pokemon as individuals and in groups. Because of this, he is very valuable to the team during field work.

He is a bit of a neat freak. He doesn't like an overcrowded work area and he doesn't like being disorganized. He's always prepared for work as his pockets are filled with writing utensils, notecards, erasers, sticky notes, and a small notepad. He's a workaholic and is very diligent and dedicated when it comes to work. He isn't easily distracted when he has a full work load on his hands. Alex, however, doesn't know how to relax. It has gotten better over the years with his boyfriend always being a pain in the back and trying to get him to do things so he can relax. Sometimes, he wonders why he is even with the man with him nagging at Alex ever day.

Alex doesn't have many hobbies besides work and spending time with his boyfriend. However, his boyfriend tends to drag him around whenever they get a chance and coax him to try new things.

For Alex, life goes by really fast as he does nothing much, but work. He is a bit of a worry wart and is a perfectionist, which only increase amount of time he works. Alex isn't very relaxed when he is talking. He doesn't use and understand slang and he holds a mature, somewhat monotonous, tone of voice. Whenever there is a problem he can't solve, he can't get his mind off of it. It annoys him to the point where he will just stand or sit where ever he is for hours on and trying to solve whatever the problem may be. He is open to new ideas as long as these ideas are backed up by logical thinking, witness statement, and facts.

He also detests ignorant people and people who choose to be stupid. He believes that everyone is intelligent and just to see someone not trying to the best of their abilities just ticks him off.

History:

Alex came from a long line of attorneys in Celadon City. His parents had imagined him taking over the "family business" of sorts, however he had deeply refused. He had always been mature for his age as he didn't see his parents often due to their case work.

Alex excelled in the world of education, but he wasn't entirely sure what he wanted to do. One of his history teachers recommended AP Psychology to him after seeing him excel so much in the world history class she taught. After taking the class, Alex grew to like learning about the human and pokemon mind and how they worked and behaved.

In college he majored in psychology and minored in pokemon researching at one of the best colleges in the Kanto region, located in Saffron City. When he was in college, he met his soon to be boyfriend, Donald. Unlike Alex, he was a socialite. Everyone seemed to gather around him and he always was up for a little chat. Everyone gravitated towards him and truthfully, Alex gravitated towards him to a certain extent. What got Donald interested in Alex was that he didn't seem to do anything besides work. Alex didn't openly gravitate towards him, which also intrigued Donald as he was use to everyone coming up to him just for a chat. Because of this, Donald began to annoy Alex just to get to know him and this was how their odd "friendship" began and eventually it evolved into a romantic relationship. Alex swears he doesn't know how it happened and how he fell in love for a man like him at all, but he loves Donald with all his heart anyway.

He graduated at the top of his class and very quickly many research labs had wanted him. After taking a long time to decide, Alex had decided to take a job offer in Pallet Town to work under Prof. Samuel Oak. Alex only worked under him for a couple of years before he retired and left the lab to his grandson, but Alex really did like the man's company. He was relaxed, but he and Alex were always able to get into intellectual conversations. When Gary took over, Alex hated him. He didn't do any work at all as he was in pursuit of the legendary pokemon leaving Alex and the rest of the aides doing all of the work from researching, to writing papers and articles, and to sending them out to well known papers to have them published and Gary was the one who got all the credit. Alex wanted to move, but Donald seemed to enjoy the town and he didn't want to force him to move away from the place where he seemed the happiest, even if he did need four to five hours every day to and from work.

One of the aides had decided to research the GS ball, the mysterious ball that stumped many researchers. It was an individual project at first, but then that aide had opened it up slowly. Alex was the last person to know about it and to be filled in on the research. Alex had sped up their research by taking neater notes, recording detailed progress, and observing the pokemon that were captured through the use of the golden ball. They had rejoiced when they unlocked the mysteries around the ball, but Gary Oak had soon found out. His power hungry self had demanded their research data, however, Alex and the other aides refused and quit in the process.

It wasn't hard for Alex to find another job position, but Donald did wonder why he had quit in the first place. Their leaving was delayed a bit after Donald's hesitation, but he had agreed to go out all the way to Cinnabar Island with Alex. Before they left, however, they were attacked. Donald was left in a coma and Alex had awoken days later. All the other three of the aides were there and they had explained that Gary had sent a hit on them. Ever since then, they have been on the run. (I wasn't really sure how I should have ended this, so I am leaving it at this really bad closing paragraph. I can delete it if you want me too…)

Pokemon:

284.gif

Name:
    Jaden

History/Personality:
    Jaden was a pokemon that his parents had gotten for him on his sixth birthday. Jaden was Surskit at the time and was very timid and afraid of the world around him. It had taken weeks just to get him out of the closet. As Jaden grew up, his confidence had grown and eventually he had evolved after Jaden graduated college.

Jaden is a very confident Masquerain, unlike the timid Surskit when he was younger. He's a very happy pokemon and enjoys socializing with other pokemon and people. Jaden is a very good judge of character and when he first met Gary, he had already hated him.

Last edited:

shinysweety

In it to win it! :D
    Years
  • I'll finish my SU tomorrow since it's 11:30 'round my place. ^^

Allegiance: Aide

Name: Bailey Martin

Appearance: Bailey is a pale woman, she hasn't got any tan but her skin isn't to pale either. She is around 150 lbs, her weight is fine for a woman her age. She also isn't to tall. Bailey has a sort of dark ginger hair, with some red and brown mixed into it. She keep's her hair in a nice back bun, with two thick stripe's of hair coming down both sides a little behind her chin. Bailey has short bangs, that she likes to move to the side's instead of infront of her. She has hazel eye's that can't see very well without glasses. Her eye'slashes are short, but at the end of her eye there are two slightly longer eye'lashes. She wears thin, oval glasses with a black border around them to help her see. She also wears two, white pearl earrings on each side of her ear's.

Bailey wears a white top with ruffled bit's along the middle, the rest isn't visible because of her cardigan. Her cardigan is a plain, simple black cardigan. She keep's two buttons in the middle on so that the ruffles from the top can show. Bailey's cardigan has three, white buttons at the end of the sleeve, followed by a border of white. Bailey wears black pant's, that are just plain black and nothing else really. She also wears her green and black flat shoes everywhere.

Picture:
    Spoiler:

Personality: A few paragraphs

History: A few paragraphs

Pokemon:

Spr_4d_470.png

Nickname: Spring

Level: 16

Move Set: Razor Leaf, Tackle and Helping-Hand.

Last edited:

for him.

I'm trash.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    I am glad you liked my character. :D I hope we get more members soon; I can't wait to play this. :D

Back