• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

What did you do with the Red Gyarados?

• Used it in my team as a main member

Votes: 96 23.7%
  • HM slave

Votes: 83 20.5%
  • Boxed, never to see the light again

Votes: 189 46.7%
  • Wait, people caught that thing?

Votes: 37 9.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2013
    Transferred it to my boyfriend's Pokemon White so he can have at least one shinny pokemon :)

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
    Years
  • It really depended on how I felt at the time and if it was in a challenge or not. If I was feeling unsure about the Rocket hideout, I'd use it to storm the hideout. In my Solo Challenge with Luna(Gardevoir), I made it my whirlpool slave since I already made my other Gyarados a HM Slave(Surf, Waterfall, Strength, Rock Smash). In my flying monotype, it became one of my main fighters. If I felt like being silly, I'd just use it as a double battle partner. Usually, I'd box it to never see the dark of night.

Comerion

DGXZ
    Years
  • Caught it, never used it again. Not that you shouldn't use it, it was just that I though it would be overpowered and ruin the game for some reason back then XD

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    Mine usually ended up having a bad nature, so I've always just tossed it into a box. Also, I've usually already planned what Water-type to use beforehand, and it just so happens that I never really pick Gyarados (owing to how often I used it in earlier games).

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2012
    Surprised so many boxed it! Gyarados was very helpful in beating the league champion. Ice fang ko'd all three of lance's dragonite :D. And hydro pump was probably my only chance of knocking that houndoom off earlier.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    Transferred it on Pokemon black and then swapped it for a bellossom in GTS Negotiations..

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    lol mine is still in the lake of rage ironically looking pissed off! lol I'm not a big fan of the big, flying, snake with retarded teeth (No offense to people who love him :D)

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • It went into the magical black hole that was my PC box, never to see the light of the sun ever again in endless stasis.

*insert diabolical laugher here with horror music in the background as lightning cracks across the sky*

Aénex

Boxed. But I occasionally use it in the Pokéathlon and Battle Frontier.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Boxed. But I occasionally use it in the Pokéathlon and Battle Frontier.
    That was something I actually used it for @ Pokealthlon, just to try it out. I found it did pretty well at jumping which is fitting given what it is based off. =p

Years
  • I boxed it, which is odd, considering it never left my team in the original G/S/C. I guess I just wanted to branch out a bit, I dunno.

Back