• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Just made a trade shop thread

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Just made a trade shop thread and it popped up a message I didn't get time to read anything other than one word "moderator" and my trade shop thread didn't appear in the forum section...

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Trade shops need to approved by a moderator before they appear in the section, as you can tell by the description of the forum:

New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

It's also mentioned in the rules of Trade Corner. So just be patient :)

Edit: Actually TF, the rules say to just be patient. TC isn't like OC where it didn't have a moderator so h-staff needed to be prodded every once in a while to check the moderated threads, it has 3 moderators that check regularly, so prodding them about moderated threads isn't recommended. Just wait.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Trade shops need to approved by a moderator before they appear in the section, as you can tell by the description of the forum:

It's also mentioned in the rules of Trade Corner. So just be patient :)

Edit: Actually TF, the rules say to just be patient. TC isn't like OC where it didn't have a moderator so h-staff needed to be prodded every once in a while to check the moderated threads, it has 3 moderators that check regularly, so prodding them about moderated threads isn't recommended. Just wait.

I assume the message that popped up for way too little time to read said that but yeah message only showed for a second so had no idea and it never used to work like that in the section last time I made a thread. You'd think if a message like that popped up that it'd give you time to read it at least...

Wasn't too sure how the Necro bumping rule applies with your own trade threads or I might of bumped my thread from a year and a half ago instead and updated the first post since its basically the same thread haha.

Plus there isn't a link to the Rules in the trade shops section haha, you have to go out to the trade corner to see em.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Well, if you had read the rules of the section, you would have seen exactly what the stance is towards thread revival in the section (as well as had your question answered before you posted):

→ On Thread Revival...
    You may only revive your own thread. Do not revive someone's thread that was last posted in over a month ago.

So you could have revived if you had wanted to. Chances are the message is followed by a redirect, I don't think they can control how fast it redirects to the next page. In the future if you're confused a skim over the rules of the section should point you in the right direction :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well, if you had read the rules of the section, you would have seen exactly what the stance is towards thread revival in the section (as well as had your question answered before you posted):

So you could have revived if you had wanted to. Chances are the message is followed by a redirect, I don't think they can control how fast it redirects to the next page. In the future if you're confused a skim over the rules of the section should point you in the right direction :)

Yeah I looked for the rules in the trade shops section and it seems they haven't bothered to add a link in the stickies of trade shops so clicking the link on the main forums directly to trade shops had me missing that.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    There's no need to add the link to the Trade Corner rules in its own sub-forum when it's in the main forum. Logic would dictate going to the main forum to read the rules, but we'll look into a possible workaround.

Back