• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brand Spankin' Newb!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, but have been a Pokemon fan since it first came out. I used to collect the TCG. Even had a foil charizard way back when, till i lost my entire card collection to a flooded basement.

When it comes to the video games though, i'm not very well versed. I have been playing Pokemon White, and am just getting into all the in depth competitive type info.

I was hoping someone would be able to point me in a good direction.

I would like to get to know more about
    - the purpose behind breeding
    - Building an appropriate Team
    - The difference between EV's and IV's, and if it's required to start training them from day 1, or if it can be done once they've been leveled.
    - If there are Chat's or somewhere friendly someone could go to ask questions.

My main goal, would be to first handle the Battle Subway and achieve the 100 trainer mark. Then to have a decent grasp of team building, stat priorities, etc...

If this is too much for an intro thread, i apologize. Just wondering where would be the best bet to find this out.

Glad to be here
    Thanks for your time

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Welcome to the PokeCommunity, Chris!

I know the pain of losing your whole collection of TCG cards. It's sad indeed. :( I'm sorry for the loss. But there's still a lot of them out there, hopefully you can get them replaced.

You are in the right direction when you want someone to point you to the right direction. That's where the Adoption Center is for! You can go on and request a mentor to show you what competitive battling is all about. :D There's two mentors available for you to show you how, so you're never alone and you're never left behind when it comes to that. :D Hope you sign up! ^_^

Also, there's a few stickies and some battles of any level for you in the Competitive Battling Center. Check those out as well. :3

Your intro thread is not too much. Nothing is too much! Anyways, have an amaaaaazing time here at PC and have fun learning about competitive battling. :D You can always PM me if you have any questions or concerns, ok!

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Thanks very much for the response, Mega!

I am playing on a ROM right now, and loving the game. I had planned on maybe downloading a hack that puts all 649 pokemon in the game without altering them at all. Since i have no way of trading, but would like to have my options open for team building. I'm already so hooked i'll be buying both White and Black. Just need to wait for the 2nd DS (Yay for them being only $70 used at Gamestop!)

I know there's a hacking section here, so didn't know how open people were to those playing on ROM's VS The Real Deal! Is the Mentor program open to ROM users? Or strictly cartridge players?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, the Adoption Center section also has ROM Hacking Mentors, but those are there to show new members around the Emulation section (and teach a little about ROM Hacking, if need be...like mapping, scripting, tiling, etc). I don't think that's what you're looking for, but it's close! lol

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2012
    Well, the Adoption Center section also has ROM Hacking Mentors, but those are there to show new members around the Emulation section (and teach a little about ROM Hacking, if need be...like mapping, scripting, tiling, etc). I don't think that's what you're looking for, but it's close! lol

Haha! I thought "Close" only counted in Horse Shoes and Hand Grenades? LoL ;)

But, i posted in the adoption thread. Hopefully i did it right LOL

Back