• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pixel Art Duel #7 -ty- vs Valora17

Which sprite is better?

• -ty-

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Valora17

Votes: 13 61.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
  • Pixel Art Duel #7
    -ty- vs. Valora17

Introduction

Welcome! This thread is to vote for who you think should win this duel.
    Whose pixels are more impressive than the others? You decide!

Rules

1. No voting for yourself.
    2. When voting, you must include comments on why you voted for the specific sprite. Critcisim is appriciated also.
    3. Don't be harsh on sprites, this is for fun after all!

Contestants

Theme: Scratch; Evolution of an forgotten Pokémon!

Restrictions:
    Dimensions: 96x96
    Colors: 16
    Transparency: Optional

-ty-
    jynxevo.png

Valora17
    2hz3f53.png

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • Voting for Valora17 because I think -ty- did too much and the colours are too bright.

I was saving my 500th post but w/e.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Voting for Valora17, basically because I believe that it really somehwta resembles it's pre evolutions which is Parasect right? I had to think of what pokemon -ty-'s descended from. So from that, I vote for Valora17. But good work both of you.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Let me start off by saying they are both great! -ty-'s is GREAT! I love the Jynx evo, it has great expression, and vivid color, pose, and design! The only thing that could be worked on is a bit of darker lines, but this is it. Valora, also GREAT! But I do not see a pokemon here, I see more of a digimon. I like the mushroom growing tree-like on the back! But I have to say the sprite seems a bit lackluster in expression and pose. So I vote for -ty-. Good luck to both!

BTW, Curious, I think that it is unfair to judge by which one looked the most like the pre-evolution. Look at Milotic, Octillery, Dragonite, or like any of the butterfly/moth pokemon!

Last edited:

SoaringSomeone

Residential Sprite Slave
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2014
    While I don't have a strong preference to either of the designs, I do think that Valora17's sprite is drawn to a style more closely matching that of GameFreak's.

minime010

All food belongs to me.
    Years
  • While I don't have a strong preference to either of the designs, I do think that Valora17's sprite is drawn to a style more closely matching that of GameFreak's.
    I agree with SoaringSomeone. The Parasect evolution looks more like Gamefreak style. I like the colors and design. I don't think the Jynx Evo is close to the other picture, but it is pretty intresting and neat. I would like to note a few very tiny problems. 1, the colors are too bright. It also looks like it is made from contest props, (I just thought of this now,) Which looks good if it was in a contest, in game of course.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2013
    I vote for Valora17's sprite because it has a better concept, design, and is shaded better in my opinion. If you get right down to it, it looks much more like a Pokemon, too. Nice job to both of you, though!

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    I vote for ty. The colors are vibrant, and I like how the pokemon has personality and emotes someting. The shading is great and the whole singing pose is excellent. All-in-all I wish this was a real pokemon!

Valora's is a bit messy; I try to invision it walking and I can't. The legs and face are just kinda there and it's hard to understand the concept. Also the Pokemon has no personality. I like pokemon that exude something whether it is confidence, cuteness, fierceness, or glamourous. The shading is nice though.

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
    Years
  • Valora's sprite looks like a pokémon. The addition of the microphone in -ty-'s kind of killed it for me. The colours were pretty, well, not great, too.
    The mushroom crab looks like a really pretty part of an environment, though. It's nice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back