• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Play Me Casually - Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winter Wonderland

Puts the fun in dysfunctional
Years

PLAY ME CASUALLY

Introductory Message

Hello, and welcome to the official thread and birth of a team that I hope to be known as Play Me Casually.

This team of Pokémon enthusiasts(so far only me with occasional help from Full Metal) is created in order to design and create quality games for the enjoyment of the community.

I hope to have multiple members of the community to pitch in to ultimately improve the game in however possible. I also intend for this project to be a learning experience as I learn and look upon the work of others in aspects such as scripting, mapping, working with photo editing tools such as Gimp and Photoshop, and learning more about hex and ASM.

So, if you would like to be a part of that learning experience and have a hand in this team--that I hope to be very supportive and caring of its members--then you are more than welcomed to apply. Simply fill out the application form posted below! I look forward to reading and meeting those of you who apply.

What will we be doing?

The current and primary gaming project we will be working on is currently known as Project Leola. Please do not hesitate to ask for help on your own projects, as this is a collaborative effort.

Continuing on the current project, here's a preview of the plot if you care to read it, if not, don't open the spoiler.
Spoiler:

Media

I won't post any mapshots and I'm in the process of scripting the introductory stuff now. So, for now, here's the title screen.
3XmjNeD.png

The application

So, if you're still reading this and want to apply, fill out the form below and post it as a reply.

Positions needed :

Mapping - mostly looking for interiors(including gyms), caves, ideas for cities and routes I hope to have about two mappers.

Scripting - I can handle most of the minor scripts and the simpler ones, but for the more complicated tasks, level scripts, etc., I will need a helping hand that doesn't mind me asking how things work. I hope to have three of these.

Graphics - I will need someone that can deal with creating or inserting Overworlds, trainer sprites, tiles perhaps, if we decide to go custom, and so on. If this sounds like you, definitely apply. We will take as many as these as possible.

World Map Hacker - I have no problem making the game Fly-free, however, if we decide going against that and allowing this form of fast travel, then we'll need a world map. In the hack, Flying won't exist either way, but a different form of fast travel will exist in place of it to give it more of a realistic feel, requiring a world map anyway.

Music - I currently do not know if I intend to use custom music, however, I may want to mix music from different generations. So, put a pin in this one.

ASM - This also might not be needed, but is handy to have on standby should someone pitch an awesome idea that would require ASM to implement.

CSS and Thread/publicity - I hope to have someone to make CSS and make the threads look better/be in charge of updating, answering questions to the community, and making support banners. We will need two of these, one on the artistic side of things and one on the more developer side of things.

➥ Application form
:
Name to be called:
Position:
Time spent doing skill:
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10:
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A:
Timezone:
Availability:
Contact Information:
Proof of work:

If your post does not include proof of work, you will not be considered.

Mappers, obviously show your maps.

Scripters, show scripts, tell us what it does, and screenshots showing in game are optional.

Graphics, show tiles/OW's/sprites you've created and/or inserted with in-game screenshots or A-map screenshots.

World Map Hackers
, show regions you've created/recreated(if showing existing regions)

ASM, show us proof of your work in form of screenshots

CSS, show us a thread design or two.

➡ The current team

Myself - general mapping, general scripting, nit-pick details such as introductions, pokedex order, and so on.

Full Metal - go-to guy for just about anything that needs doing that I can't figure it out.

JNathan - CSS and pending other positions.

Teh Blazer - Scripting, graphics insertion, and back-up mapping.

Omega Zero - Second scripter.

Flandre Scarlet - World Map, Musics, Graphics, Mapping.

Shiny Quagsire - ASM

➣ Important Notes

EVERYONE is, as a second part of their job, a critic and an idea-pitcher. If you think you can add to the story of the game, or don't like how a script was done, or think the map would look better with whatever, feel free to pitch those ideas to the group.
NO ONE is to apply as a Beta Tester. Whenever the hack thread is up in the Progressing Hacks section, everyone who comments on that thread will be eligible for beta tested and will be contacted privately. If you apply for beta-testing you will simply be ignored completely.
You are by no means guaranteed an acceptance. You are not entitled, you must earn your position. All global PokeCommunity rules apply here and this thread is, to the best of my knowledge, in compliance with all the forum-specific rules.

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
Name to be called: Kyle/HackDeoxys
Position: Mapper
Time spent doing skill: Something like 2 years
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5/10
Experience: I was making my own hack for a while, but lost interest. I've also been in three other teams.
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Availability: I'm mostly on in the evenings.
Contact Information: I'll PM you my skype if you want.
Proof of work:
My most recent map:
Spoiler:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Name to be called: Nathan
Position: CSS
Time spent doing skill: 3-4 months
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Ongoing hack.
Timezone: UTC -4
Availability: I'd say 5-7 hours everyday.
Contact Information: I have Skype or PM.
Proof of work: I made this for a friend.

Winter Wonderland

Years
Name to be called: Kyle/HackDeoxys
Position: Mapper
Time spent doing skill: Something like 2 years
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5/10
Experience: I was making my own hack for a while, but lost interest. I've also been in three other teams.
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Availability: I'm mostly on in the evenings.
Contact Information: I'll PM you my skype if you want.
Proof of work:
My most recent map:
Spoiler:

Awesome, I really dig your mapping style. However, could you show me a cave or a city you've mapped up as well?

Name to be called: Nathan
Position: CSS
Time spent doing skill: 3-4 months
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Ongoing hack.
Timezone: UTC -4
Availability: I'd say 5-7 hours everyday.
Contact Information: I have Skype or PM.
Proof of work: I made this for a friend.

Lovely. Feel free to draft up a CSS design for this thread as well. Something modern, but not too flashy. Maybe with a little bit of a touch of nature, if you can manage it.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
Name to be called: Please, call me MegaStud
Position: Graphics and Scripting with Mapping but only on call
Time spent doing skill: Lol, too long. Um, a year or two?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7.5 (I'd put 10, but as Miley Cyrus said before she went crazy, nobody's perfect)
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Pokemon Catalyst
Timezone: Pacific
Availability: I have no life, so I'm fairly available
Contact Information: I do have Skype, but it can't register my manly voice, so usually PM/VM
Proof of work:
Scripting:
Spoiler:

Inserting:
Spoiler:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Winter Wonderland

Years
Name to be called: Please, call me MegaStud
Position: Graphics and Scripting with Mapping but only on call
Time spent doing skill: Lol, too long. Um, a year or two?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 7.5 (I'd put 10, but as Miley Cyrus said before she went crazy, nobody's perfect)
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Pokemon Catalyst
Timezone: Pacific
Availability: I have no life, so I'm fairly available
Contact Information: I do have Skype, but it can't register my manly voice, so usually PM/VM
Proof of work:
Scripting:
Spoiler:

Inserting:
Spoiler:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Oooh. I like you. Scripting/graphics insertion it is. ;D Mapping on call as well, for stuff like towns, since I like doing routes much better.

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
Name to be called: Flandre, or just Henry will be fine.
Position: Applying for Mapper, World Map Hacker, and Music Hacker.
Time spent doing skill: I've been mapping ever since I've started hacking (as most people should...), music hacking for approx 3 years and world map hacking was just a bonus skill.
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Roughly an 7 or an 8, I'm fairly experienced in ROM hacking.
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Well, in teams, I was a former member of the Mirage Hacking Productions and former founder of Scarlet Productions. Ever since those teams have died off, I've been an independent ROM hacker, working on various minor projects. One of my public projects is Pokémon AllStars. I've tried starting up another ROM hacking team, but things weren't going the way I planned so I just decided to stop it.
Timezone: GMT +10 hours (Hobart).
Availability: Based off the time from where I live in, I'm available from 4pm onwards on weekdays, and limited time during weekends since I have work.
Contact Information: You can contact me on kakerzonex, my Skype, or you could PM me. You could also email me at [email protected], if you wish.
Proof of work:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Music Hacking:
Spoiler:

World Map Hacking:
Spoiler:

Other skills:
Spoiler:

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I hope you accept me. Thanks. :)

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Heh, i see my old mate Scarlet is signing up for this.
I just have to ask though, how long will positions be open,
just in terms of school and such, might take a while.
And this looks fairly interesting

Edit: My bad, i'm just re-reading my post and it seems
rather arrogant, but by all means i don't mean it in any way.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Name to be called: Chrunch
Position: Backup Mapping/Tile inserting
Time spent doing skill: about 4 years?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: I don't think I can really evaluate myself. Look at my maps and see what you think!
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: 4 years of hacking and a few hacks.
Timezone: UTC 10
Availability: I won't have too much time which is why I'm only applying for a "backup". I just thought I'd offer you my skills. :)
Contact Information: PM
Proof of work: http://chrunch.deviantart.com/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272818 (this thread is somewhat outdated)

Winter Wonderland

Years
Name to be called: Flandre, or just Henry will be fine.
Position: Applying for Mapper, World Map Hacker, and Music Hacker.
Time spent doing skill: I've been mapping ever since I've started hacking (as most people should...), music hacking for approx 3 years and world map hacking was just a bonus skill.
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Roughly an 7 or an 8, I'm fairly experienced in ROM hacking.
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: Well, in teams, I was a former member of the Mirage Hacking Productions and former founder of Scarlet Productions. Ever since those teams have died off, I've been an independent ROM hacker, working on various minor projects. One of my public projects is Pokémon AllStars. I've tried starting up another ROM hacking team, but things weren't going the way I planned so I just decided to stop it.
Timezone: GMT +10 hours (Hobart).
Availability: Based off the time from where I live in, I'm available from 4pm onwards on weekdays, and limited time during weekends since I have work.
Contact Information: You can contact me on kakerzonex, my Skype, or you could PM me. You could also email me at [email protected], if you wish.
Proof of work:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Music Hacking:
Spoiler:

World Map Hacking:
Spoiler:

Other skills:
Spoiler:

Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and I hope you accept me. Thanks. :)

Heh, i see my old mate Scarlet is signing up for this.
I just have to ask though, how long will positions be open,
just in terms of school and such, might take a while.
And this looks fairly interesting

Edit: My bad, i'm just re-reading my post and it seems
rather arrogant, but by all means i don't mean it in any way.

Name to be called: Chrunch
Position: Backup Mapping/Tile inserting
Time spent doing skill: about 4 years?
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: I don't think I can really evaluate myself. Look at my maps and see what you think!
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: 4 years of hacking and a few hacks.
Timezone: UTC 10
Availability: I won't have too much time which is why I'm only applying for a "backup". I just thought I'd offer you my skills. :)
Contact Information: PM

Proof of work: http://chrunch.deviantart.com/
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=272818 (this thread is somewhat outdated)

I will be looking at everyone's application when I return from school. Which'll be around 3:00pm EST.

Years
Is there any way I can be an intern like person as I would really like to start making my own hack and helping on other people's and have no clue what to do... I think I would be a rather successful mapper and or storyline idea person... I'm going to start making a couple maps right now... I'm going to be using LU-HO's Advance Map on Ruby to do this (I don't know if that has any significance to anything) Thanks for reading...

Figured I might as well do this...

Name to be called: Duke
Position: Mapper/Story Idea Person
Time spent doing skill: 1 week for Mapping... a year I guess for Story
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Mapping 3-4, Story 7-8
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: N/A
Timezone: EST... New York, USA
Availability: Random, I go on road trips a lot (me and my family transport animals for a living) Usually at night...
Contact Information: Not going to give out my email or phone number but PM me I guess
Proof of work: None yet but as I said in the post above I am working on several maps right now and if you really want I can do a story idea...

Last edited:

Winter Wonderland

Years
Is there any way I can be an intern like person as I would really like to start making my own hack and helping on other people's and have no clue what to do... I think I would be a rather successful mapper and or storyline idea person... I'm going to start making a couple maps right now... I'm going to be using LU-HO's Advance Map on Ruby to do this (I don't know if that has any significance to anything) Thanks for reading...

Figured I might as well do this...

Name to be called: Duke
Position: Mapper/Story Idea Person
Time spent doing skill: 1 week for Mapping... a year I guess for Story
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: Mapping 3-4, Story 7-8
Experience; if no former experience working on a team or hack, put N/A: N/A
Timezone: EST... New York, USA
Availability: Random, I go on road trips a lot (me and my family transport animals for a living) Usually at night...
Contact Information: Not going to give out my email or phone number but PM me I guess
Proof of work: None yet but as I said in the post above I am working on several maps right now and if you really want I can do a story idea...

Tell you what, you pitch to me a story idea. A beautifully crafted one, then we'll see where it goes from there. I can also help teach you to map in return for your services.

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Ok so here's my application :P

Name to be called: Altcloud - Or my real name.

Position: Second Scripter:
Time spent doing skill : 5 years (had another account in 08)
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 8.5
Experience; I've worked on many hacks, helped people with stuff. You can say i'm experienced.
Timezone: HST
Availability: Most of the time, unless i get cut off from the internet, then i however will be on whenever your on :P
Contact Information: Skype: Alternatecloud
Proof of wok:
Spoiler:

I can't show you a screenshot because this script is from 2010.
The script itself checks what tiles you are on, so it can move itself
accordingly. In general it's just a simple rival script. with a bit
of unusual stuff here and there.

You can however see i like to use variables A LOT more than i like to use flags.
as it frees up space for hiding items with flags.

MiniMinun

Azumarill Lover Since Gen II!
Years
Well, looks like you don't really need another World mapper, but I guess if you need another...

Name to be called: Minum, I guess?
Position: World map creation (Mainly 4th gen [More practice with D/P/P than HGSS])
Time spent doing skill: 5-6 Months only... :(
Self-evaluated rating: 5-6
Experience: N/A
Timezone: Central
Availability: 2-4 Hours most days
Proof of work:
Spoiler:

As you can see, I am terrible inexperienced, and you probably don't really need me. But, trying to participate in more things and you gotta start somewhere, so...ya. Thank you!

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years
It's been a long time since I filled out one of these...

Name to be called: Sir Shiny Quagsire the Third (or just Shiny Quagsire/SQ will do :P)
Position: ASM
Time spent doing skill: 3 years, give or take a few days
Self-evaluated rating on scale of 1-10: 9.995
Experience: I've done quite a few small hacks as well as some really, really big C-coded hacks such as custom introduction sequences and I'm researching into custom cutscenes and minigames. A while back I managed to recreate Birch's Bag on Fire Red, but I ran into some issues with it that I have actually found a fix for, so those resources might also be available for this hack.

As for working in groups, I actually have no experience with that. I have done hacks for others and critiqued ASM, but never worked specifically for one group on a single hack, and I think it's time for that to change. :)
Timezone: UTC -8 (Pacific)
Availability: Usually Weekends, Fridays, and any other days I'm not busy with school,
Contact Information: You can best contact me either by e-mail or on RomHack.me's romhacking IRC channel. I'll PM it if accepted since the last thing I need is more spam mail. :P
Proof of work:
(From earliest hacks to latest)
Spoiler:

Still working on that Gold Intro just to research more into the game's OAM system and other graphical effects like the water ripple. I'm also going to look into a custom titlescreen, so keep that in mind. I also open source any custom intros that I do since that's a lot of code that could be potentially useful for other hackers. Plus my intro template is licensed under GPLv3, so it's required by the license.

Other than that I'm definately willing to do some ASM, provided the base ROM is Fire Red, or maybe Emerald. (Ruby's code is a mess. >.<). I've found that I actually prefer having others give me a specific task to complete since I don't have to come up with the ideas myself. If you ever decide that it'd be cool to have a custom intro, just give me a storyboard and some graphics and I'll give it a shot. Just keep in mind that these things usually take a bit of time. :)

Winter Wonderland

Years
Updated Team roster and, for those viewing, and current team members, if you know any graphic artists experienced in making trainer sprites/OW's, send them over this way. Thanks. :)

Years
Hey, after just messing around with programs I have become:
Scripting 3-5 (really basic stuff)
World Map Making (Not Inserting) 7-8 (Not as hard as you might think...)
OW Spriter 6-7 (I think they are rather good)
Mapping 2-3 (I just fail every time)
Well that is just an updated what I think I am...
I'll let you decide on your own...
Scripting:
Spoiler:

World Map Making:
Spoiler:

OW Spriting:
Spoiler:

Mapping:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.