• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: FireRed 2.0 - A whole new gen 3

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Intro:

Hi, this is imas234 and this is my first attempt at a "ROM-HACK". Well, to be honest this isn't much of a romhack, as it is a heavily edited version of firered. It features the same pokemon but they have completely new movepools, reworked typings [some] and new abilities [some of them don't though .__. ] and some very small map changes.

In this game i simply changed some pokemon's types to make sense of gen 3's physical special system. e.g I changed charizard's typing to fire/dragon and readjusted its stats; also changing its movepool to make sense.I arranged the moves to give a sense of progression i.e I made sure as the pokemon levelled up it didn't have a low base power move for a long time without getting a better move, or just suddenly getting a high powered stab[or otherwise] move. As a pokemon grows to higher levels they wll get better moves and no pokemon will be subject to geting little to no stab moves like cloyster and water type moves in gen 3.

Basically, what i've done here is i took all the things that bothered me about generation 3 and i fixed it without adding the physical/special split, so that players can get a better GEN 3 experience. Just to be clear its not laziness or lack of experience that stopped me from putting in the split [ i have something planned for the future] i just wanted it to be a pure GEN 3 experience, but better.

Features (sort of):
-There is a new palette which makes everything more vibrant imo, instead of the original gloomy palette

-Almost all moves have been edited [base powers changed and what not]

-Most pokemon other than post national dex pokemon have had their base stats and movepools reworked

-Quite a few pokemon have new typing. Most make sense, some might not.

-Three pokemon have been given different evolutions. [I will list the major changes below]

-THE HM's DON'T SUCK! Seriously you don't need anymore HM slaves because they are now good, useful moves your pokemon would be happy to have.

-Go to the move relearner because all fully evolved pokemon have great moves at level 1. Also catch lots of paras because they'll always hold TinyMushrooms [and are also quite good now]

The new evolutions:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Wut :/ I'll fix it right away. thanks for letting me know

Edit: The files were not deleted , i just messed up somewhere in the link. I tested it now and it works. hope you like the game.

Theres a bug i found while playing through it: When you run through the grass it reverts to its original colors.I.I'm in the process of trying to fix it. Please report any bugs you may find.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Why is Dratini Water/Dragon, while Dragonair is pure Dragon? That's really weird to me. You should either make Dragonair Water/Dragon, or revert Dratini to pure Dragon.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
its not water dragon as of beta 2 i just forgot to mention it

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
ahh new fresh tiles♥

very nice, after awhile someone is editing FireRed [YAY]

though kanto starters are powerful but

i really want Kanto starters to have more-than-normal power...

atleast raise their stats, or edit their movepools. Please!! {D:}

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
@Trainer VyNK
Spoiler:

@Kyo Razorbade
Spoiler:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Great job with his one! Maybe when you learn to script, how bout some post-game battle facilities in Saffron City? ;)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
@DJTiki
Spoiler:

@Trainer Vynk
Spoiler:

@PokeReject
Spoiler:

So, guys if you play it post lots of screenshots showing your teams, the pokemon's new abilities or the new maps. I'll add most of them to the op.

Edit: Also comment stating any bugs you may see

Last edited:

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
accept it as my token of appreciation..

this wont be perfect (coz its my first time at banners{XD})

if you dont like it, delete it!

Code:
[PLAIN][URL=http://imgur.com/ddgRcLj][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ddgRcLj.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/PLAIN]

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
Oh wow. Thanks. Didn't think people would be making me banners tbh. I'll definitely add it to the op. However, you seem to have made an error because there's no evolutions in the name hehe.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024
They are going to be in the next beta. It'll be out sometime this week.

oh right thats what 151 pokemon mean :/ . Sadly the starters mew and the fossil pokemon are not in the hack. When i said all the pokemon are in the game i meant version exclusives ._. . I can add the starters (because it involves no scripting) if you want but i made sure there were a lot of suitable (if not better) replacements. But i'm all for fan service so if you want i'll include them in the next beta.

Edit- jynx can be found in seafoam island's lowest layer (quite common)
electabuzz can be found in the power plant (quite common)
Magmar can be found in pokemon mansion's lowest layer (quite common)

be sure to trade your poliwag or poliwhirl for an ev because it has good ivs (all new trades do) and holds a lucky egg
in fact, do all the trades because they have new pokemon and hold good items and has good ivs

Safari zone pokemon are a lot easier to catch (if ash can catch 30 tauros so can you!) and the rare pokemon are more common too.

Last edited:

Trainer VyNk

Cursed Hemophillic.
Years
@imas234 well i thought of evolution as "evolution of fire red"

though i seem to have encountered an old error

Spoiler:

Back