• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why is Dawn reffered to as "DD"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    I've always wondered about this, but never actually figured out and was always too lazy to search it.
    So, why is Dawn called "DD" and why does she not like being called "DD"?

Outkin

OM*G PIKMIN 3!!!
    Years
  • I thought it refered to the size of her....never mind, but I later found out that it's short for Diamond dandruff (I forget which episode it said this, it was the only one I had ever watched really). In kindergarden I think it was, she was shocked by the class pets (Plusie and minun) which caused her hair to get all...sparkly. Her classmates instanly made fun of her and gave her the nickname diamond dandruff, or DD, a name she still hates to this day.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Kenny and Leaona call her Dee Dee because when they were little, Dawn's hair sparkled because a Plusle and a Minun shocked her. The "Dee Dee" stands for Diamond Dandruff or something and everyone made fun of her for it, etc.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Wow, it's great to finally know what it stands for, but does "Diamond Dandruff" really have anything to do with her getting shocked by a Plusle and Minun?

Archenoth

(cozy)
    Years
  • Yes, since her hair lit up and sparked all around while being shocked. :)

It's where the nickname came from.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2012
    Ohh i see now. Diamond Dandruff because her her was shocked and spiked up shining, which would look as if she had diamonds in her hair. But why they used Dandruffs i do not know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back