• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korea to make 3rd Nuclear test; threatens U.S. with missile strike

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
I find if kind of funny how these contrys threaten each other with this:"Well my nuke is better then yours,I'm going to wipe you out silly" nonsense...

Dud...If you guys hate each other that much,then why don't you guys just make a antimatter bomb? 1kg of antimatter equalls the most powerful bomb ever detonated...One pound of the antimatter stuff would vaporize the world and the moon maybe....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimatter_weapon
Probably because antimatter is ridiculously hard to synthesize in useful quantities and even harder to keep stable until you actually want it to detonate.

droomph

weeb
Years
You guys are underestimating North Korea's power here. What if they actually succeed in sending their missiles to the U.S. (probably somewhere on the west coast) and proven themselves to be worthy adversaries?.
Um, well considering their type of government has consistently been proven to be ineffective (Soviet Union, China, Vietnam) and have never been really strong (Soviet Union is just really big with a lot of manpower, after all), I don't think North Korea is going to be any different, unless the dictator is literally Scrooge McDuck there's not much of a chance that they have any different of abilities.

And once they open up, they're gonna see that capitalism isn't Satan's butthole (nor is it Jesus' chest hair) and forget about us and just move on to more important things, like eating. Or money.

Oh and you should like research it for yourself. North Korea has 1000 GDP per capita,28,000 GDP nominal, and 40,000 GDP purchasing power, and when your country is matched by your opponent 1,000 times, that's not a good sign of power. Let's put it this way - If US were Level 100, North Korea would need to be a hundred times bigger to be even barely Level 1. And let's face it - have you ever been able to beat a Level 100 with a Level 1, much less a Level 0.1? Even with the better moves, you wouldn't be able to. I dare you to try it, with just attacking powers, but not any "diplomacy" or status/status dependent moves (because we're going for the realism - and let's be real, hiding in a corner and shouting lame insults at the biggest guy isn't very diplomatic, is it?).

Again, unless Scrooge McDuck likes to also work shifts as Kim Jong __.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Also remember that countries aren't isolated from the rest of the world. You can't start a war against someone else on your own as if this were the early years of the Cold War. As soon as NK dared to do something, they'd discover that a ridiculously huge amount of important countries in the world, starting with China (you know, the one that keeps them alive in general), would retaliate against them.

There is no Soviet Union to support them, and China is no interested on any nuclear wars going on in his backyard, I can guarantee you that.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
xnk1359227852x.jpg

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
The only country that has to worry about this is Japan, because that's where the wreckage will fall when the missile fails to launch, and we all know they don't need anymore problems of their own.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 9, 2021
Accordion to people who've escaped the country the North Korean military routinely raides villages for food and cooking fuel.

If the government can't even properly feed the people that they are dependent upon for their autocratic rule than there's no way they'd be able to actually sustain a war á la Korean War of the 1950s. At this point, despite some nasty rhetoric, China is solidly a member of the international economy and the Communist party is fully aware that war on the Korean peninsula/an attack on the United STates would be disastrous for both the Chinese economy and their positions of power. If North Korea were to attack the west coast of the United States the Chinese government would step in and (probably) occupy the country to prevent war with South Korea (more economically and politically advantageous than North Korea at this point).

Don't worry about the DPRK. The supermajority of the people live in medieval conditions and the military uses 60+ year old equipment.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
This might be what the world needs, actually, with regard to the recession especially. Not a nuclear war of course, just some kind of agitated competition; it is literally the sort of thing that puts men on the Moon. That aformentioned feat is ultimately of secondary importance however — the lesson is that war has a way of inducing technological progress, in recent centuries, and apparently of inspiring whole generations of inventors and scientists... and if we have no other cause for this beside the threat of our deaths, as it were, then so be it, I suppose. I would say that the value of such problems occuring to a society is something that should be respected and understood, but if it were, we wouldn't have need of them.

This all said, the power disparity between North Korea and the United States is far too great for actual 'competition'... unfortunate, perhaps.

Last edited:

Thereaperofdeath19

The Rookie
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2018
All I can say is this war war never changes but men do on to the main topic NK and America hmm I think it is unwise to overlook it NK may not be buffing about this nuke and since some Americans are idiotic to see that NK makes out that they poor but of course if they start a war they are gonna be morqns and sent a lot of men to die for a reason that's dumb sigh why must some Americans be arrogant about this btw I am NOT saying every American US dumb please read before you reply foolish things anyway that is my opinion

Back