• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Don't Let the Catz say Zero! [DLTMS0 v4.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I'm terribly confused about what number, Netto. :B Since Dero's the only one in your post, I'm going to go with 1.
Thank you very much for clearing my confusion, Dero~ Still 1.

I think SAO shouldn't recieve all the hatred it collects. It wasn't that bad, and overal quite enjoyable. I missed some emotional connection with some of the characters, but Kirito was an okay main character.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Yeah, exactly, it wasn't bad. I dislike it when things get hated on just because they're mainstream/popular. Credit should be given where due. Always. K-ON WASSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD THO

you're welcome :D

Years
Twas a 0. Didn't wanna bother to make a number.

Anyways I could have chosen two routes when the anime adaptation came out.

1. Hate the anime adaptation for all the cuts, out of place fan service, the forced chronological order, rather than the main story to side story initial release.

or...

2. Just learn to accept that it's an anime adaptation with limited time, budget and media constraints.

People I knew convinced me at the time to just get over it and just realize that it's a companion to the Light Novels.

ANYWAYS... <3 ya'll no matter what. Just loving something that is controversial or "Not a level grind adventure to a goal with blood and gore" with it's share of haters taught me to hate opinion generators and elitist critics who think that they have a PhD in Animeology and that their opinions are the Word of God.

derozio

Years

but hating those who spread hatred continues the cycle of hatred, netto. WE MUST STOP THE CYCLE OR IT'LL BE OVER FOR HUMANITY.

Tho yeah, agreed. I dislike elitist anime guys too. Though I always read their opinions. They're generally entertaining to read, lol.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

In the end an anime is to be enjoyed by the viewer. If you enjoy something that the world hates, no one could and should stop you from enjoying it. :B

Double 0's? You guys are serious today. |D

derozio

Years
It can be kind of disheartening at times, though. :( But yeah, you're right.

You guys wanna know why I always zero? 'tis because it takes less effort. I don't have to make sure the number I entered is correct or not. :p

Years

Yeah I know it became a cycle of hate, went through it too for the whole 2 cours the anime was out called it a stupid trench war. Still it had the effect of making me jaded about things. I realized there's no use reasoning with people like that so I just tune them out if possible. Still I ever do hope that such people drop the whole thing. It's freaking annoying to hear how much they hate something...OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER...every week. OK I get it. Just go away already. @-@

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
Yeah, I know the feeling though. Hakuouki is one of my favourite series, but the staff review on Minitokyo gives it a two. : < The anime has its flaws, certainly, but I find a "2" harsh to look at, specially when I know just how detailed the background (of the game) and how much effort was put to keep it historically correct in the context of the story.

I see. Easy does it~

Years

Well one thing at least I could be thankful for is the Bad Publicity paradox. More people picked it up than I expected when O read the Light Novels before the anime came up just to see what the fuzz was about. T least people know what the EF I'm talking about now lol

derozio

Years
When something earns astronomical popularity, people will talk. Nobody can honestly stop them. And generally with popularity comes fair share of the so-called haters. This is more apparent on the internet than in real life, though. People just don't have time for crap like that irl. Internet will always have its share of vocal minority which enjoy calling stuff crap just because it is popular and they're all hipster beings.

This guy, for example. Makes a 13 minute video with nothing to say besides "I hate **** because they're mainstream. Mainstream = bad". I honestly feel a strong dislike towards people like them. It is okay to dislike something if you dislike certain aspects of the said thing and have experience. But it is definitely not okay to call stuff crap if you haven't even given stuff a fair chance and don't have reasons other than "lol itz mainstream/popular so itzz crap".

The worst part? There are times when I have acted like one of them too. Like, for instance, I labelled Fairy Tail as a rip-off of One Piece once. Called it a duplicate. And posted "proofs", even. :(

Sorry K-ON! fans. But I hate it. And I will continue to do so no matter what happens. :(ALSO TARA gawd gurl you're so rude sheesh

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

It's all about expectations versus what you get. You expect a music series but get moe-blob, of course you don't like it. If you expect the well-written epic that everyone's talking about, but get a milked-out show where cool factor appears to be more important than common sense, of course you're gonna get disappointed by that.

And then there's the stuff that's objectively, genuinely bad.

derozio

Years
Yeah, stuff like K-On!

Wait, how exactly is a light novel different from a manga again? Idk what LN is, sadly. :(

derozio

Years

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT NO PICTURES THENNNNNN???????????!!!!!!!?????????

aww. i leik dem picturz.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

A LN is an actual novel, with words and a few illustrations. I have one of the DGM novels, which is a reading book, with 2 illustrations per story (there are 3 stories per novel). They're usually not very lengthy, though.

derozio

Years

I don't mind reading novels as long as the story captivates me. Same goes for any other medium really. :p I read and loved The Da Vinci Code. Even though I don't remember most of the story right now.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years

XD;
Depends on the story, I guess. The DGM novels give background stories to the main story. The funny thing is that the main stories of the two first novels got animated as "fillers", but they aren't "fillers" per deffinition of "filler", as they're actually canon. |D

I don't mind reading either, be it a book or- as I recently discovered- Visual Novels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back