• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which DS game?!

Which game?

• Wait for diamond

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Mystery Dungeon

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Pokemon ranger

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    Hi, I'm getting a nintendo ds for xmas, but I'm not sure which ds pokemon game is the best. I'm in the UK, so I can't get diamond out for ages- or can I import it...but then it will be in japanese..... Anyway, some people like mystery dungeon, but others don;t, and the same goes for ranger. The last pokemon game I had was pokemon ruby, so what are the big differences between that and the other games? Thanks for any help!!

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
  • Both mystery Dungeon and Ranger are great. Seing that your in the U.k your only option would be to get Mystery Dungeon as its the only game available to you for christmas because Ranger and Diamond are released in the U.K in 2007. Diamond offers a wide range of new things as a new generation of Pokemon is available for you to catch aswell as new gym leaders aswell as a whole new region to explore. There are many other things new to Diamond aswell such as wireless trading and batling amongst many other things. If your tight for money i would wait for Diamond, however if you simply cant wait and fell the need for a pokemon game to play on your DS for christmas then go ahead and get Mystery Dungeon. It all depends on your budget! XD

~Kipper~

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
  • Both mystery Dungeon and Ranger are great. Seing that your in the U.k your only option would be to get Mystery Dungeon as its the only game available to you for christmas because Ranger and Diamond are released in the U.K in 2007. Diamond offers a wide range of new things as a new generation of Pokemon is available for you to catch aswell as new gym leaders aswell as a whole new region to explore. There are many other things new to Diamond aswell such as wireless trading and batling amongst many other things. If your tight for money i would wait for Diamond, however if you simply cant wait and fell the need for a pokemon game to play on your DS for christmas then go ahead and get Mystery Dungeon. It all depends on your budget! XD

~Kipper~

I agree. Diamond may not be coming out for awile, but I think it's worth it. I'm not too sure about Mystery Dungeon and PR though...I've heard many different opinions on them both, but I'm content with trying to do new playthroughs on Emerald. Maybe that's an option for your Ruby?

chester

Chester! TCG/Gaming Strategist
    Years
  • I'm a strategy Person, so I vote MD, but D/P would be good aswell. I don't know much about Ranger, so I can't help you with that...

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    It depends on what you want. If you want a straight-out Pokemon game, the closest one is Mystery Dungeon (except for D/P of course). If you want to prepare for D/P by getting access to Manaphy AND some Stylus practice, get Ranger.

Years
  • It depends on what you want. If you want a straight-out Pokemon game, the closest one is Mystery Dungeon (except for D/P of course). If you want to prepare for D/P by getting access to Manaphy AND some Stylus practice, get Ranger.
    yeh, but ranger can be finished in a day, not much of a challenge (i finished it in a day)..
    20 hrs straight on a plane (i'm in nepal right now!!) does the job easily, but if u hav enough money, get ranger aswell, coz then u have acess to manaphy..

Twilight Itachi X

Twilight X. The ultimate.
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 17, 2008
    Well, I'd say wait for D/P to come out in the UK or import the US one when it comes out in April, PMD's a pretty ok game, and Ranger doesn't look that great to me, but if you want to get Manaphy's egg for D/P, get Ranger, but then you would need 2 DSes to transfer it to D/P.

ChaosShuppet

I Looove my myspace!!!
    Years
  • Id go with ranger purely because of the touch screen. the touch screen is much better utilized in ranger than in Mystery Dungeon. Mystery Dungeon can be played in gba version which is preaty much the same as the ds one, where as ranger is a unique adventure and uses the ds touch screen as really the only screen you need.

Back