• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

If Ash started with a Porygon?

Porygon

Banned
Years
  • If Ash started with a Porygon?

?Do you think it would be as popular as Pikachu? I mean, the main character's starter gets the most attention. There's probably more Pikachu toys out there than that of any other Pok?mon. Which leads me back to my previous thought? if it was a Porygon Ash started with, would Porygon be the most well?known and popular Pok?mon, like Pikachu is now?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Theoretically, yes. But I think all pok?mon that any of the main characters have becomes popular automatically...kinda like Onix, Psyduck, Vulpix, Marill, Scyther, Charizard, Bayleef, Noctowl, Torchic, Staryu, Pigeotto...a least one main character from the show has owned at least one of those, and they are amoing the most popular pok?mon out there

Arore

I Like to Kill Things
    Years
  • Ehhh...I don't know. I mean, no offense, but Porygon is not necessarily my favorite, but if it did stick around for 400 episodes like Pikachu then yes, it could become ultrapopular, or at least well known.

Ultimathunder

Ichiban Pok?mon Master
    Years
    • Age 39
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 19, 2006
    I don't know about that people might just be going around thinking that this should've been ash's first choice and stuff while now not many people complain...oh yeah for your news if you wanna know at first nintendo was actually choosing Clefairy as the first...they changed to Pikachu only near the end...

D.Bulbasaur

I came, I saw, I evolved
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2004
    I loved Bulbasaur before the show, Pikachiu can kiss my Feebass, Charazarid can suck my psyduck, and of course Squirtle, you have the honor ofbuffing my primape, any questions, now go primape, psyduck, and feebas, uh feebass, move, get out there feebass, god you are as useless as magikarp

Years
  • hmm... maybe... But Pikachu is already popular as heck before the anime. Theroethicaly, where do you think Ash had the idea of not evolving Pikachu? From the manga. See all of Red's Pokemon? All evolved except for Pika. All the glory of Pikchu started way back before the anime. Well, Pika isn't actually Red's first Pokemon btw...

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Porygon said:
    ?Do you think it would be as popular as Pikachu? I mean, the main character's starter gets the most attention. There's probably more Pikachu toys out there than that of any other Pok?mon. Which leads me back to my previous thought? if it was a Porygon Ash started with, would Porygon be the most well?known and popular Pok?mon, like Pikachu is now?

I know Pikachu is popular. But how come Ash isn't? :\

Years
  • umm.. no... That's what I'm talking about... Red is Red!

Red is older, maturer, and has fully evolved Pokemon with him. Red is the main character of Volumes 1-3 of Pokemon Special manga.

red02.gif

Back