• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When do Humans reach Mars?

How many years go past before we reach mars?

• Total voters

Nacon

Item Trafficker
Years
  • really soon. It would have been sooner, but you know that money has been going elsewhere at the moment.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
  • I voted 30-50 years
    Can't really say for sure though
    It's been ages since we even sent someone to the moon, so it's hard for me to see it happening in the immediate future

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Humans reach Mars when I tell them to!

Well, with the technology in Space travel advancing pretty fast, I think we should be getting to Mars roughly in the next 10-20 years. But, I myself, have never really been interested in Space travel, I don't keep up with it too much. I just kept up with those little robots they sent up on Mars. I can't wait until they find a way to make use of the water they might have found on Mars. To be able to live on another planet would be amazing.

I guess we just have to wait, but establishing life on another planet is another story, one that no one on PC will live to see, I think.

Black_Wolf

I'm online. I'm just invisible
    Years
  • After playing Mass Effect, I hope soon, maybe in the next 10-20 years.

I want to be a Spectre!!!

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • i don't see us making it to mars any time soon at all. theres too many factors against it, what with the acid clouds making a terraforming project out of it, which in turn would start a group that is dedicated to protecting the natural ways of the planet and all the technology to actually sustain a human in the natural conditions = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ I just don't see it happening soon.

Merzbau

it's just a ride.
    Years
  • I would have to say I hate the idea that we want to leave this planet again before fixing all the things wrong with the society here. Seems kind of arrogant.

...But I do liek mudkipz. o wut mudkipz do i liek.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • After watching that Mars Rising miniseries, I think we can reach the red planet fairly soon. I want my kids to be martians!

Persona

Banned
    Years
  • We already have adequate technology for the job, so I suppose they will reach Mars in a short amount of years. One doubt I am concernced with is that the Big Contractors which build spacecraft for the government have probably realized they can make a lot of money from them and then gather up with nothing that works and still end up getting paid. The CEOS who run these companies may not even care about space travel. The Russians, Chinese and Indians are still competing with the US for world dominance and are motivated to gaining results.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • We would need to construct:

a) space elevatar - to quickly and efficiently move supplies into space
    b) transports going from and to mars

The thing is, that would be extremely expensive and economically unjustifiable. We could goto Mars within the next 10 years but I do not have the knowledge predict when it will actually be economically beneficial to goto Mars.

I would support we build a base on Mars asap and study the plane though. It shouldn't be too expensive to keep a few scientists on Mars. And we could construct some mining and extraction facilities to see what resources we could get cheaply from Mars.

We should do the same with the moon. Though the moon has already proven itself to have resources useful to earth, so we could seen China or the USA landing there within the next 20 years hopefully.

I have no idea about the consequences the fact that the moon has no atomsphere would imply though.

Btw, I would love to try living on Mars : D

Another solution is that we terraform Marz and plant decidious forests first. That would take over 100 years though.

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
  • I've just got to ask: why the heck do we want to get to Mars?

Seriously, there are still places on Earth people haven't reached (not to mention a lot of problems to solve); shouldn't we start with those before we start messing around the universe? The whole "OMG we're going to Mars where life is beautiful all the time" thing is just megalomanic and silly, especially since the better part of the shuttles and crews we've assembled haven't even managed the trip there and back in one piece. Besides, we're talking a planet where temperatures can hit -140 degrees Celsius. Does this sound like a fun place to be, guys? Really, I don't see anything that could be done on Mars that wouldn't be a lot easier to do on Earth.

I'm a lot more interested in when humans will learn to live properly on this planet, to be honest. xP

Zet

Years
  • Skii for the love of /b/ keep /b/ stuff off here, the internet hate machine might find this place and make it a living hell

but on topic: Humans have reached mars, its called our inventions =P but for actual humans maybe 5 or 10 years time

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    We're gonna reach mars?
    Really i didn't know that XD.
    Just kidding..anyways i think we will reach mars in the close future about 10-20 years approximately..

~Celebi

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I said 30-50 years. First they have to scrape up/collect a ton of taxes to get money. Next, they would probably send some of the most human-like animals to Mars, to see how it would affect their bodies. Then, they would go from there, get rocket fuel, and prepare a space shuttle for launch. They would have to find a crew, that a brave enough to possibly face death because of Mars' atmosphere. They would have to gather up supplies, the three main ones being water, food, and oxygen. They would need tools also, to do other work. And they would need even more power to get out of Earth's atmosphere, get into Mars's atmosphere, get out of Mars's atmosphere, and get back into Earth's atmosphere. And I would guess that everything above plus would take at the most 50 years.

The Shadow

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I said 30-50 years. First they have to scrape up/collect a ton of taxes to get money. Next, they would probably send some of the most human-like animals to Mars, to see how it would affect their bodies. Then, they would go from there, get rocket fuel, and prepare a space shuttle for launch. They would have to find a crew, that a brave enough to possibly face death because of Mars' atmosphere. They would have to gather up supplies, the three main ones being water, food, and oxygen. They would need tools also, to do other work. And they would need even more power to get out of Earth's atmosphere, get into Mars's atmosphere, get out of Mars's atmosphere, and get back into Earth's atmosphere. And I would guess that everything above plus would take at the most 50 years.

That is true. It will be hard to find some brave people to go to mars. I mean people don't want to risk their lives (or do they).

Back