• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Music forum

Would you like to see a music forum?(please post why or why not)

• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Reck

?????
Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Hi do you know me? I'm a tile artist in the pixel art section. But I'm a member of a drumline as well. And i noticed this forum has almost everything except a music branch. So heres my suggestion. Add a music forum so that musicians can post videos of them selves or post music that they recorded. And maybe add a section for music made on a computer. And perhaps a section where people can post music that they write. I hope an admin or someone else of importance sees this and likes the idea. Because I'd like to post videos of the drumline I'm in when we put some on youtube. I'm sure that I'm not the only on that would like a section like this. Put it in the creative discussion, eh?

Anyway I'm just voicing my opinion. I will post a poll with this so If people could vote it would be nice. Maybe you could post why you want one or don't want one?

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Other Entertainment covers music :| Please read the descriptions.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Other Entertainment covers music :| Please read the descriptions.
    Other Entertainment, in my opinion, is way too general. Just look at the threads and you'll see what I mean.

Well I think that can go in Art Gallery.

Music is Art.

Though I'm not sure if we have enough musicians to be able to create a forum itself.
    Yes, music is a form of art, but it's not that visual type of art. :P And I think we do. You'd be surprised how many members who are musicians, or would like to be musicians, are on PC itself.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Never knew other entertainment covered that. But in my opinion it's way to general. And like me most people (i think) don't know it covers that. And there probably are more musicians then you think on PC.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, yes. Some people here are musicians. But there simply isn't that much of a population. Without population there is no activity. And that doesn't make a good forum. PC isn't the place for you if you only want to express musical talent.

Reck

?????
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    as i said before I'm a tile artist as well. but having a music forum might make members that have never tried to make music give it a try.

Picture this. We have no art gallery. One might say that not to many people on PC that are artistic. You ever see how many people try to make art in that forum? They eventually become a lot better. The music forum i think will work out the same way.

Years
  • AK9; I will have to disagree with you yet again. Talent is not something to be contained and If someone wants, they can show it on PC. What if it's a pokemon fansong? :/

My opinion has been voiced- Art Gallery. We don't even need a new forum until there is a greater demand for the forum.

Other entertainment is about discussing music. I doubt it's for showcasing it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    I don't think there should be a separate forum or subforum

...but somewhere the rules should be modified so it is OK to post videos and such

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • This has been suggested a few times before, if I do recall.

The answer always seems to be that more interest in the subject matter needs to be seen before an entire board is devoted to it. Perhaps if more people were creating discussions and whatnot for this type of artistic expression, the staff would look into it a bit more. No sense in a new board that's going to be horribly inactive, am I right?

Just my two cents.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    It's pretty much been hit on the head by Hiidoran, but I want to say something.

In OE, make a thread where you/others can showcase their musical talent? Just doesn't seem like a huge thing to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    This thread makes me want to cry. :'(

Why is Other Entertainment so overlooked? ;~;

---

Anyway, threads like the one you're requesting are commonly allowed in my section. Though I don't understand if you want it to be a complete thread featuring a YouTube video, in which case, it'll end up with me locking it.

So I say: make the thread in OE and see what happens.

In the past, many people created a thread featuring their own band anyway. A new section devoted to that would defeat so much purpose of OE as a forum thus make it even less active and make me:

a. Not have anything to do
    b. Cry
    c. RAGE

Back