• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

About Ash and the Unova region

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
Years
  • Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).

DarkAbsolX

Years
  • You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

But this is just in Unova.
    On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    [SIZE="a"]Who would watch a show that consists of a whiny ten year old with a shock rat destroying everyone all the time?[/SIZE]

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    You are right but it only affected it's electrical attacks, it didn't affect the other like iron tail, quick attack, double-edge...

But this is just in Unova.
    On the beggining of the other regions Ash started lke a newbie and his pikachu too, and they should act like veterans.

Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
    So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
    And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true ;)

@EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?

I just saw the first episodes of the Unova season and Pikachu gets beated up by a newly starter snivy..

There's no way a roockie Snivy can beat a Veteran like Ash's pikachu with one attack..

It's like a lv5 Snivy beating up a lv:+50 Pikachu (He must be beetwen 50 and 100).

The Anime doesn't have structured Levels like in the games and that Snivy had Leaf Tornado, a fairly strong Grass Move. Ash and co. Have lost to new trainers in the past as well, keep in mind that Ash only had Iron Tail and Quick Attack while Snivy had a wider range of attack options.

Actually, in past regions, Ash at least seemed to know what he was doing. For starters, he at least didn't mistake his female companions for pokemon, and he seemed to know a bit about capturing Pokemon to coach May and Dawn on the basics of it.

Ash looked at moving bushes and only saw the TOP part of Iris's hair. When he pulled up his Pokedex it told him that it was a Pokemon called Kibago. Ash even comments that it doesn't look the same and tries to catch it either way.

He did not see Iris until after the attempted capture.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Well Isshu was supposed to be totally new beginning so they probably wanted to make Isshu like Kanto arc.
    So Satoshi had to become n00b again =)
    And since Best Wishes share some similarities to Kanto we can presume that my statement may be true ;)

@EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)

I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.

What I'd really like to see:

The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)

DarkAbsolX

Years
  • @EarthWolfblade: I would love to see one season with Satoshi finally having the experience he's gained =)[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

That's something i want to see too..

Jessie and Jame's costumes can be as bad as all, but Ash never discover who they are..

It's so repetitive..

Years
  • I would very much enjoy seeing it for a short time like in a Chronicle or maybe even movie but an entire season of Ash crushing pretty much everything in his path? I dunno....

I haven't really even liked the anime from the time Galactic Battles started though.

What I'd really like to see:

The anime change characters according to each generation. Like Indigo era would have Red/Ash, Johto era would have Ethan (lyra as companion), Hoenn era would have Brendan (may as companion), Sinnoh would have the D/P/Pl protagonist who's name escapes me (dawn as companion), and Unova would have Hilbert (Hilda as companion)

I'd rather have that as a separate anime.

Guest123_x1

Does anyone notice that when Ash and Pikachu start a new adventure on a new region they look like newbies?
    I feel like I'm repeatedly beating a dead horse by saying this, but the reason Ash and Pikachu look like newbies is because they keep Ash 10 years old whenever he goes to a new region. They do this to keep the show going "fresh" and to not make the main characters progress to the point of being all-powerful.

Back