• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Besides, it's their own choices, they can choose whether to be heterosexual or not, they don't need someone else's opinions.

I'm sorry, I laughed too hard at that to just let it go without y'all knowing. I know you might be misusing your words, but omg, laugh of the day. /scurries off

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
Years
Sorry about that. ^^;
I think I must have zoned off there, because I don't remember typing that up. lol
It makes no sense. XD
What I meant was:
Nobody can choose their sexuality. But that doesn't make it right for people of another sexuality, to make fun of people from others, just because they're different. It shouldn't matter what race, or in this case, sexuality, people are in, because a person is a person. No one is really better or worse than another.
DUN KILL ME PEOPLZ!

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
One of the final votes that the Associated Students Senate Democrats having been pushing at my university before they slip even further into the minority (current: Senate: 13 R, 12 D; House: 52 D, 49 R; Democrats will lose 2 House seats on July 1) was a bill that passed the House and was voted on by the Senate. At the Republican Caucus meeting, I tried to solicit some GOP Senators to break with the party on a bill that would allow trans students to change their sex on school documents without having had gone through a sex change operation. There were 2 Democrats (the one for black students and the one for Muslim students) that were opposing the bill. That meant that I needed to sway at least one of my party members.

Final Vote:
14 Yeas, 11 Nays
Yeas: 10/12 Democrats, 4/13 Republicans
Nays: 2/12 Democrats, 9/13 Republicans

April House Vote:
56 Yeas, 45 Nays
Yeas: 44/52 Democrats, 12/49 Republicans
Nays: 8/52 Democrats, 37/49 Republicans

The AS President signed the bill the within an hour of the vote.

Trans students must still use the restrooms that correspond to their birth sexes. A bill that pass a year ago when the Democrats controlled all of the AS was vetoed by the President. The same bill passed the House 51-50, but died in the Senate.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
Years
Shining Raichu said:

Clearly we've had very very different experiences with our fathers lol. Mine was never affectionate at all, and we have an incredibly strained relationship because I'm not comfortable with his over-compensatory masculinity

Your friend's point is very very true, and I admit I'd never thought of it that way. But it also begs the question of my being seen as masculine is so much more important to men than being seen as feminine is to women. And I wasn't saying affection is a gay thing, I was just playing off what I thought you had said originally (confusing word jumble)

Pick me, I'll make it worth your while

And that's another thing; masculinity/femininity can never be everything. If it's you, it's you, but it's a completely different thing to be excessive and make it your world.
But being comfortable with masculinity/femininity is a long process- to be honest, I might be more secure now, but I'm not fully.
Then again, I have a lot to patch up on about myself. But good grief, have I made progress.
Ands that's all there is left to this topic I think- Hm.

Yeah, I would say that if one is completely insecure about their masculinity that displaying masculinity that one possesses might seem very important to other males rather than females, and that females feel less of a need to express femininity, since girls tend to have a freer spectrum on it.
E.g. the "Tomboy."

Oh man I can't wait.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017

Oh man I can't wait.

Don't I get a say in this relationship? Why can't we just have a 3-way?

Yes well, This is just gonna be a rant post.
Spoiler:

Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015

Spoiler:

Only real reason I'm ranting is because Portal2 decided not to work on my PC anymore, No matter how many times I reinstall Steam...

*applause*
I congratulate you for standing up & fighting back. Through legal ways of course What was your argument to the school board & have they started taking any measures to prevent bullying?

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017

Spoiler:

I'm quite interested to hear what argument you put forward too.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017

*applause*
I congratulate you for standing up & fighting back. Through legal ways of course What was your argument to the school board & have they started taking any measures to prevent bullying?

My argument is this:

Spoiler:
So yeah. [/rant]

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018

Spoiler:

In my eyes, it would be perfectly acceptable (and in some places, legal) for you to use physical force to defend yourself.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
In my eyes, it would be perfectly acceptable (and in some places, legal) for you to use physical force to defend yourself.

Well there in lies the problem. While physical force WOULD solve this problem, It would only solve it for me for a short while, They'd still try and spook out other people, And what about when I eventually leave the school? Wouldn't future LGBT students have the same problem, just with different culprits? At least if I go to the school board, they can enforce it even after I leave school, which would be better in the long run. (even though I'd love to break some of their arms and legs.)

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Well there in lies the problem. While physical force WOULD solve this problem, It would only solve it for me for a short while, They'd still try and spook out other people, And what about when I eventually leave the school? Wouldn't future LGBT students have the same problem, just with different culprits? At least if I go to the school board, they can enforce it even after I leave school, which would be better in the long run. (even though I'd love to break some of their arms and legs.)

In some places, self-defense law allows you to use force to protect others, as well.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Yes, Nurse Barbra, lets hear the argument in full! Though I think some physical pain might have been the order of the day as well :P - if I had martial arts skills it's what I would do. But I digress...

Point is, lets hear the argument :D

EDIT: LOL I must not have seen Page 7 when I posted this. Oh dear, don't mind me. I'm having a senior moment.

Last edited:
Years
One of the final votes that the Associated Students Senate Democrats having been pushing at my university before they slip even further into the minority (current: Senate: 13 R, 12 D; House: 52 D, 49 R; Democrats will lose 2 House seats on July 1) was a bill that passed the House and was voted on by the Senate. At the Republican Caucus meeting, I tried to solicit some GOP Senators to break with the party on a bill that would allow trans students to change their sex on school documents without having had gone through a sex change operation. There were 2 Democrats (the one for black students and the one for Muslim students) that were opposing the bill. That meant that I needed to sway at least one of my party members.

Final Vote:
14 Yeas, 11 Nays
Yeas: 10/12 Democrats, 4/13 Republicans
Nays: 2/12 Democrats, 9/13 Republicans

April House Vote:
56 Yeas, 45 Nays
Yeas: 44/52 Democrats, 12/49 Republicans
Nays: 8/52 Democrats, 37/49 Republicans

The AS President signed the bill the within an hour of the vote.

Trans students must still use the restrooms that correspond to their birth sexes. A bill that pass a year ago when the Democrats controlled all of the AS was vetoed by the President. The same bill passed the House 51-50, but died in the Senate.
Freaky, as much as I have a lot of differences with you I'm really grateful for the things you do. Especially things like this. It made me smile.

But it also reminds me how lucky I was that my college was so open about a lot of things. It had a GLTBQetc. center and everything. Sometimes it doesn't really hit home how even after high school there are a lot of problems even where people ought to feel accepted like in school.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2018
Freaky, as much as I have a lot of differences with you I'm really grateful for the things you do. Especially things like this. It made me smile.

But it also reminds me how lucky I was that my college was so open about a lot of things. It had a GLTBQetc. center and everything. Sometimes it doesn't really hit home how even after high school there are a lot of problems even where people ought to feel accepted like in school.

We'd surely differ on our opinions on the gun bill that's being considered. My school is in a rural California county. Being in a rural area that has always gone for Republicans in every recent national and statewide election (and also overwhelmingly supported Proposition 8), getting these things done is harder. Most students don't harass or attack LGBT people, but they do have more traditional beliefs on marriage. Also, trans people are accepted less than homosexuals and bisexuals. There was an bashing attack this school year, though.

We have a Log Cabin Republicans chapter that tries to knock out incumbent GOP members in the primaries. I'm the GSA Senator, so I also chair the AS LGBT Committee, and the Log Cabin Republicans wing of the AS GOP.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
It's okay grandpa, you just go rest. LOL

LOL. Oh dear, that was embarrassing.

Hey! I'm a bisexual guy and I would like to join this club =)

Hello Renii! Welcome! If you want to go back through the pages and find some of the questions written in bold and answer them for us, we'd love to hear what you have to say!

Now, I'm putting this bigger so that everybody will see it, because I am an attention wh... seeker. For those of you who haven't seen it already, this morning I posted a blog about being gay that I hope you guys will be kind enough to read and comment on :). It is a tl;dr, as my blogs always are, but I've tried to make it funny and read-worthy so you don't notice that so much XD

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
Years
Shining Raichu!!!!!! Thanks for the welcome. I already commented on your blog.

How do you react when people make fun of people that aren't heterosexual?
I get offended, and I bash them. (I usually don't argue or hit people.) Not that it happens very often. I know many homophobes, most of them try to keep their opinions to themselves when they're around me. Quite often, the homosexual people in consideration do deserve the making fun part: I mean, so many times, this friend of mine tells me that some random stranger tried to feel his "parts" in a public place. He is straight, therefore he is offended. It happens to me too. ;)

Why do you think they do so (religion, etc.)?
IMO, things like religion are just excuses for the homophobia. I live in India, where majority of the people are Hindus and Muslims. As far as Hinduism is concerned, I don't think it talks about homosexuality at all, and still my country is so conservative. It is so hard for people to come out, or even discuss homosexuality seriously.
"People hate/fear what they don't understand."

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
Where are the social groups?! D=

I just got back to PC after a while, and saw the news about them. Glad to have found this one, once again. So I would like to join up, as the ally I've always been with you people, and as the asexual I am. Acceptance of all people FTW! =D

Years
Raichu, it was awesome, and I read the whole thing; but yesterday! Heh...heh...heh...

But from what I remember, there was only awesome. :D

EDIT: At the..."doctor's." Turns out it's my elementary school guidance councillor, whom I was very familiar with due to parental divorce issues.

Last edited:
Back