• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My first RMT thread.

Years
  • I haven't played pokemon like this in about a year, so yes, I am scratchy. I do need work, which is one of the main reasons I am posting this. All posts are appreciated.

Solrock @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - AncientPower
    - Baton Pass
    - Explosion
    - Rock Polish
    Solrock in this case is my setup pokemon. It's pretty obvious what it's there for, so I don't feel the need to explain. I'm using it though, because most of the people I play with don't ever even think of Solrock as a setup. I got this idea from my friend I had played against before I quit.

Machamp (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: No Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - DynamicPunch
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

This right here is my main sweeper. With rock polish and choice band, and STAB dynamic punch, I find myself taking out at least 2-3 pokemon on a good run.

Snorlax (F) @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Belly Drum
    - Body Slam
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Punch

Snorlax quite frankly is my favorite pokemon, and it can be a pain in the ass for anybody I play against when it's set up. This works with rock polish too, in case you're wondering, but it isn't something that I generally do. I usually try and belly drum and then slam, or ice punch. It's a good counter against dragon types.

Gengar (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Shadow Ball
    - Hypnosis
    - Psychic
    - Thunderbolt

In all honesty, Gengar is usually just there for..Well...Harder to take out pokemon. It doesn't take a lot of hits, but my team has no real defense against fighting types. So I will go to Gengar for when I need help.

Cloyster (M) @ Chesto Berry
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
    - Icicle Spear
    - Rest
    - Protect
    - Toxic Spikes

This is probably the oddest member on my team. It can usually take down at LEAST 25% on the opponents pokemon with it's one move. It has the option to be used as a Toxic Spike set up, which can be useful if I see the enemies team focuses on defense.

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Inner Focus
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Dragon Dance
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Superpower

This has to be one of my least important members of the team. It's really more of a bashing type, and handles SpDef walls really well. Although it can be taken out fairly easy, it works well with Snorlax. As Snorlax can tank Ice type moves pretty well.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'll assume this is a Gen V team (and rate it as such). If it's Gen IV, I can change the rate to suit it.

Solrock is sadly outclassed by other Baton Passers. AncientPower's stat boosts don't happen often enough to be BPed. If you want to pass stat boosts, use Ninjask:
    -Swords Dance
    -Baton Pass
    -X-Scissor/Protect
    -Substitute
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 248 HP/192 Atk/68 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Focus Sash
    Ability: Speed Boost

Choice Pokemon tend to hit and run and since you're BPing the Speed boosts to Machamp, it's not recommended. A Sub + 3 Attacks set is your best bet:
    -Substitute
    -DynamicPunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Ice Punch/ThunderPunch
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 212 HP/252 Atk/44 Spe
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: No Guard

Snorlax is too slow to set up Belly Drum, but it's bulky enough to set up Curse late game:
    -Curse
    -Return/Body Slam
    -Crunch/Earthquake/Fire Punch
    -Rest
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 188 HP/104 Def/216 SDef
    Item: Leftovers/Chesto Berry
    Ability: Thick Fat

Gengar is best off using Substitute to ease prediction due to its poor defenses:
    -Substitute
    -Disable/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast (has perfect coverage with Shadow Ball)
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers/Life Orb

Cloyster gained Shell Smash in Gen V, so it should be using it:
    -Shell Smash
    -Icicle Spear
    -Rock Blast
    -Razor Shell/Hydro Pump
    Nature: Jolly/Naive
    EVs: 48 HP/252 Atk/208 Spe or 252 Atk/48 SAtk/208 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Lum Berry/White Herb/Focus Sash
    Ability: Skill Link

If this is Gen IV, use this Cloyster set as a lead:
    -Spikes
    -Surf
    -Ice Shard
    -Explosion
    Nature: Quiet
    EVs: 220 HP/104 Atk/180 SAtk/4 Spe
    Item: Focus Sash
    Ability: Shell Armor

If you're using Dragon Dance on Dragonite, don't use Superpower because it kills your Attack boosts; use Earthquake instead. If you're playing Gen V, Multiscale should be the ability to use.

Years
  • Thanks for the reply. And I haven't done much battling in a long time, so thank you very much for the input. I don't know anything about Generation 5 to be honest, so I'll make sure to study. Also, you seem much better than me, especially when it comes to knowing what you're talking about. So if you use Pokemon Online, I'd love to talk to you in the PokeCommunity server.

Last edited:
    Back