• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your training strategy?

Vaati Fulbuster

High level pokemon trainer
Years
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask about your training stragety's.
How do you handle it?
Just train them to level up, or do you use special EV related training for more power?
If you want to, you can share it here.

If you want to know mine, i always max out their EV's and them double the Exp. gain. (Lucky egg)
This usually goes fast when training against blissey's.

Now, do you have one?

Best regards, Vaati.

Years
Nah, I'm a casual in-game player, I just level them up and give them some boost moves and the powerful ones, sometimes some troll moves are in handy too.

Vaati Fulbuster

Years
Okay, Sometimes that's the best strategy you can use, EV training can lower other stats, but up other stats.

TheAwesomeUserName

Zombie Survivalist Expert
Years
I usually just have my leader pokemon hold the lucky egg, then have another pokemon hold exp. share, and just go around the White Tree Hollow and battle the trainers inside.

(White v2)

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I usually send out the weakest Pokemon in my team and level him up until he's on par with the rest of my team. Also, if there's a Pokemon who is really low level compared to the rest of my Pokemon, I use a Macho Brace on him and grind him with wild Pokemon until he reaches the same level as the rest of my team.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
Lucky egg and plain old level grinding. (Unless I finished the game...then I just use AR for infinite Rare Candies...)

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
EV training, then just trying to level them up quickly. I usually spend a decent amount of time just trying to find the correct Pokemon, though, because it has to have the right nature and ability.

If it's too weak to EV train, then I use exp. share.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
Years
Simple: I cheat.

...not really. As a competitive battler, I focus on EV-Training carefully. Once that's done, I simply work my hardest to level them to 100. And sometimes, when I lack the time to do it, I do this all under 5 minutes (not hacking).

Years
I leapfrog my pokemon as I level. So I take the lowest level one and raise it until it's several levels above my highest level one, and continue.

Years
I really don't have any particular strategy when it comes to training my Pokemon, but one thing I rarely worry about is EV training them (since I don't play competitively).

Usually my strategy when I want to level up my weakest Pokemon is to place them at the front of my party, and have them hold the Lucky Egg. I then switch them out on the first turn (if I don't feel they can win), and rinse and repeat this process as needed. This way, my weak Pokemon will get ~75% of the experience rather than just the 50% from the Exp. Share.

Vaati Fulbuster

Years
Thanks for all your posts! :)

It's really interesting to read how others do it.
Also, i've learned some new ways to do it. Thanks!

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just train my Pokemon the way I learned how, and the same way I always done my training, at least I'm very patient to do it too.

I just challenge every trainer I see, especially in Unova, the breeders that can be battled over and over again. I battle every trainer in the gym before gym leader. With the aid of Lucky Egg for the Pokemon I'm training at the moment, and Exp Share for my leader Pokemon. I want 4 of the Pokemon to be around the same level as the gym leader I'm about to face. My Leader Pokemon will be 12 to 15 levels higher than the rest of the team (its always my #1 favorite Pokemon of the region), and my "back up to the leader" will be about 8 to 10 levels higher than the rest of the team.

I battle every wild Pokemon I encounter (except when I'm rushing to a Pokemon center) - and try to catch the ones I don't have, if I do have it battle it till it faints. For my Pokemon in training, I give it the Lucky Egg and remove Exp. Share from the Pokemon holding it. I'll spend an hour or so in same patch of grass running in circles, battling wild Pokemon.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I'll battle every trainer, but I don't focus too much on wild Pokemon unless there's a member of my team who needs to be a higher level in order to be useful in upcoming battles. During the post-game I'll just slap an EXP Share on something and do Elite Four runs until it evolves and then I box it and never use it again.

zdude18

Lone Wolf
Years
usually on my first go around in each game ill just level boost my pokemon. then after i beat the game ill ev train my other pokemon i find useful. it always turns out really well.

UltraPyrus

Wizu Wizu!
Years
I like to keep my team at the same level at all times, so if a Pokemon on my team grows a level, I don't use it until all of the other Pokemon on my team get to the same level, then I keep repeating the process. Also, to make it go a bit faster, I usually give the Pokemon that I'm using at the moment a Lucky Egg.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I keep my starter a few levels ahead of the rest of my Pokémon. I also keep the rest of my Pokémon at roughly the same level. Nowadays, I EV train my in-game teams so that I don't have to worry about them gaining the wrong EVs in-game.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 23
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Like Liljz, i level up my lower PKMN until the levels my all of my PKMNs are, after that i try to level them up all in the same time.

Vaati Fulbuster

Years
Another time: Thankyou for your post! :)

This is handy to share, especially when people use an real stragety.
I've seen some things that i also use comming allong, and some new.
Thanks!

Back