• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: [Release] AdvanceMap 1.95 Open Beta

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 20, 2015
Hey, I was wondering is there a way to add maps from a file to advance map, because me and my friends are trying to make a hack together and send each other finished maps to add to 1 single rom.

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2016
hi i would like to know if i can expand a certain map to the left and up here's what i want in more details.
when i want to edit a certain area like a town or a route i change the dimensions of that place however the dimensions when i make them bigger it always expands the areas where i can add newer stuff to the right and down, i would like to change in some of those areas that expansion to the left and up. if it's possible i would love to know how to do it.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Hey, I was wondering is there a way to add maps from a file to advance map, because me and my friends are trying to make a hack together and send each other finished maps to add to 1 single rom.

You can only transfer maps from one ROM to another with the options at File -> Map. For example, once you finish making a map you can save it and open it in a different ROM, then insert it to the ROM, either by replacing a map or creating a new one. However, the ROM you will be inserting the map to will need to have the same tileset.

hi i would like to know if i can expand a certain map to the left and up here's what i want in more details.
when i want to edit a certain area like a town or a route i change the dimensions of that place however the dimensions when i make them bigger it always expands the areas where i can add newer stuff to the right and down, i would like to change in some of those areas that expansion to the left and up. if it's possible i would love to know how to do it.

Advance Map doesn't support this, however, when you change a map's dimensions you can try and "move" the map to the bottom right by selecting multiple blocks at the same time with Ctrl + Right click. You might not be able to fit the whole map with that, but it'll make it much easier to move to the bottom right if you want to expand a map to the left/top.

Years
I gotta say, this program is AWESOME. But just one thing for the next version: couldn't you make the tile pallet more organized? I have to play hide-n-seek to find just the right corner tile o.O

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I gotta say, this program is AWESOME. But just one thing for the next version: couldn't you make the tile pallet more organized? I have to play hide-n-seek to find just the right corner tile o.O

I don't think there will be a next version :P This one is pretty buggy though.

PokeBunny

Pokemon Game Maker
Years
If I learn to make programs I could make a new Advance Map. But, I don't know alot about Pokemon ROMS. I'll basically need a complete set of information on waht all the main game code does (btw it's not alot of code. maybe like 20 pages).

Tyroz

In tenebris est et in nobis.
Years
There is not another Advance Map coming out. It's an outdated overused program. Sadly it's the only one people can use currently. But if you search this on google: "Pokecommunity Map Editor of Happiness". Map Editor of Happiness is an Alpha tool meaning it's getting up there. More features and an open source so many people can improve the program if needed down the road.
If I learn to make programs I could make a new Advance Map. But, I don't know alot about Pokemon ROMS. I'll basically need a complete set of information on waht all the main game code does (btw it's not alot of code. maybe like 20 pages).
There is no need to. Another program is being made right now. See my reply to the person above.

Years
I don't know if this has been said yet, but in this version, there is a bug where, when I create and insert a map, if I change it's name, then it changes the name of another town/route. I have even tried changing the name when I hadn't selected a map, and all it did was change it and Littleroot town's names. Then, if I make another map and rename it, it changes the names of all three.

@LU-HO I sent you an email talking partially about this (from [email protected]), but I'm not sure if it went through, so I'm posting this here.

PokeBunny

Pokemon Game Maker
Years
I don't know if this has been said yet, but in this version, there is a bug where, when I create and insert a map, if I change it's name, then it changes the name of another town/route. I have even tried changing the name when I hadn't selected a map, and all it did was change it and Littleroot town's names. Then, if I make another map and rename it, it changes the names of all three.

@LU-HO I sent you an email talking partially about this (from [email protected]), but I'm not sure if it went through, so I'm posting this here.

All the maps in a town have the same name although you can change the map name. Don't worry about the names in the list.

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
Years

This isn't a bug. All map names are in one universal table, so if you change the map for Littleroot Town it will change all other maps with the name "Littleroot Town" to the new name. You cannot add or remove map names, so the only option is to take existing ones and rename them.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 22, 2014
Release the source code maybe? Would be able to help the application grow.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Release the source code maybe? Would be able to help the application grow.

We're actually waiting for him to do that. It might take forever, so our only hope now is Map Editor of Happiness (MEH) or The Blue Spider (TBS), which are both open-source. Lu-Ho did say about a year or two ago he was going to release the source code, but he hasn't returned to link us to the source code of Advance Map. D:

Years
Ok so I have a question about Advance Map 1.92 and I know this thread is for 1.95 but since 1.92's thread is closed I don't really know where to ask.

But anyways, I was wondering if 1.92 had a virus because I just scanned it and got this warning:

3l7an2s.png

And the thing is my anti-virus protection doesn't act up so something is probably wrong. Also I double checked it with Virustotal.com and here's what it gave me:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...212de03bcb3e9082a44467c5/analysis/1418461521/

BTW I have 1.95 which doesn't seem to have viruses but with karatekid552's warning message I've been hesitant to use it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2021
Ok so I have a question about Advance Map 1.92 and I know this thread is for 1.95 but since 1.92's thread is closed I don't really know where to ask.

But anyways, I was wondering if 1.92 had a virus because I just scanned it and got this warning:

3l7an2s.png

And the thing is my anti-virus protection doesn't act up so something is probably wrong. Also I double checked it with Virustotal.com and here's what it gave me:
https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/...212de03bcb3e9082a44467c5/analysis/1418461521/

BTW I have 1.95 which doesn't seem to have viruses but with karatekid552's warning message I've been hesitant to use it.

Did you download it from the official website? Because if so, it should be fine. Probably just a false positive.

Years
Did you download it from the official website? Because if so, it should be fine. Probably just a false positive.

Yeah I did but it still scares me. And there was something that I left out and it's that I've actually downloaded this before but the deleted it later on, but the thing is the first time I downloaded it there wasn't any warnings of a virus.

Edit: Turns out it was just the .dll file attached to it that caused the problem. All I had to do was delete it and it worked fine.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
My AM1.95 seems to have issues with one of my maps. The Connections-Screen looks like this:
imgur. com/3A3OLUx (<- Link limitation......)
The two maps I want to connect don't touch ingame. When editing the other side of the connection, it works perfectly fine.

Anyone got a solution?

Best regards,
4cello

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 17, 2015
I had the exact same problem the way i fixed it
Step 1 - Unzip it and rename it AdvanceMap
Step 2 - Cut and past it to your program files
Done
I can't load the beta version. When I start it up it tells me to select a language, but there isn't a language on the list to select, so I end up closing the window and the program stops loading... I was reading through the comments, and well I guess I'm the only one this happened to?

Back