• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Why it is Unlikely that Ash and Misty will get together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali(mika_umbreon)

The fairest of them all..
Years
  • Remember, I was high on sugar when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!!!!
    A.If you remember correctly, Misty said "Someday we'll be married, too." Which means she meant they would be married INDIVIDUALLY, which is true.

Q.In Misty's song she says I love you Ash so HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A.Remember that that was made by a bunch of americans made that song and it is not official.

Q.In the Pokemon movie 2000 Misty said Ash is her boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A.Actually, melody said that and Misty denied it with fury.

Q. Well Misty Confessed in that Movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A. Misty's line in P2K that's often considered by AAMLers as being her 'confession'- "Ash will never be alone because he'll always have me"- was just a dub invention. In the original she actually said something about him being a burden on her!

Q.WELL YOU DON'T PROVE ANYTHING YOU B***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A.Remember this is just my opinion, I don't want to start a flame war or anything.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ali(mika_umbreon) said:
    Remember, I was high on sugar cubes when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!
    A.If you remember correctly, Misty said "Someday we'll be married, too." Which means she meant they would be married INDIVIDUALLY, which is true.

A.Remember that that was made by a bunch of americans made that song and it is not official.

Q.In the Pokemon movie 2000 Misty said Ash is her boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A.Remember this is just my opinion, I don't want to start a flame war or anything.

Yes, But remember, Pokemon's made in Japan, and America Dubbed some things that just...went i guess, originally misty only liked ash as the brotehr sister kinda thingy.

ashley03

Queen of Oddness
    Years
  • hi !!! from ashley03

Ali(mika_umbreon) said:
    Remember, I was high on sugar cubes when I wrote this so don't flame me.

Q.In one episode Misty said she and Ash will be MARRIED!!!!!!! HAH!!!!

ashley03~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i heared that misty and ash were crazy for eachother!!!!misty only said that to melody just because she had a soft spot for him in her heart!!!

chow, ashley03

*Shining*Wynaut*

Princess!!!
    Years
  • Cayenne's Legend said:
    I'm talking about the future,not that they will be together now!!

How about that ep. when ash is at the silver conference and that girl falls in love with ash. Misty gets really mad and when the girl asks if misty in ash's gf, misty stutters over hr words, blushes and comes up with a lame excuse that she is his coach..hah

Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 28, 2003
    Pok?mon cartoon is made for kids.*

I really doubt we'll see a romantic element.

*That doesn't mean I don't watch it XD

Geodude

Rock-type trainer
    Years
  • It could still happen. Check out this series of screenshots for example:

Here's the scenario:
    Misty has received a letter that sounds rather threatening, telling her to meet someone by the lighthouse. She goes, with Casey (and Casey's Meganium) as backup in case things get unpleasant. At the appointed time, a boy arrives. After a confrontation in which Casey is rather rude, he manages to clear up the misunderstanding. He hadn't meant a threat; much to the contrary, he wanted to ask Misty on a date.

boyfriend.jpg

Credit to Murgatroyd of Bulbagarden.com for the shots, captions and above description.

Marisa

So Misty likes Ash. We've already established that.

But can you prove that Ash likes Misty?

Ash is ten years old, much to young for his hormones to start going nuts. He thinks of Misty (at first) as annoying, and then she becomes one of his best friends. When Ash gets to "that age", he'll have known Misty too long for him to think of her like a girlfriend-- dating childhood friends is often extremely awkward. ^^

However, Ash is a bit older when he meets May... we'll have to see how *that* plays out =3

EDIT: By the way, I'm not denying anything. It's possible for Ash to develop a crush on Misty as he enters puberty, I just think it's unlikely.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Why does everybody keep forgetting the main reason Misty stuck to Ash like glue?

This reason is that Ash owned Misty a bike.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • the bike reason is very not likely...

now just because Psyduck snickers "knowingly" does that point out "You love Satoshi, Kasumi. Admit it!" Let's not make assumptions... it proves that Misty does have a crush, but i wonder who... during the time of Misty in the gym alone who knows who she met in battle?

Never assume things too much... if i assume that if i J-walked across the road and the cars will stop for me either way... wow that's one big mistake in terms of assumption.

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • In "Gotta Catch Ya Later" doesnt Misty say that she didnt care about the bike, she just wanted to make some friends? or something like that!

Eiris

Kami-sama
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2004
    Um, has anyone thought perhaps she's really interested in Brock?

(chirp, chirp)

Well, it was just a suggestion...
    I happen to think that Misty probably started out interested in Brock and then saw something (note: 'saw something,' not, 'fell madly and obsessively in love with'...) in Ash. Who knows what... I actually sort of think they might get together now, the way the series has developed (that's what I love about Pok?mon... it's believable in its own way), but I hope it won't be during the course of the series. Watching TR groping one another in panic makes me uncomfortable enough.

(I mean, a guy that cooks, cleans and sings... what girl wouldn't be interested?)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Here is an idea: Its a kids cartoon and romance is out of the question...

Years
  • What about the episode where AshCo try to give what's-his-face the courage to propose? Or the Emily and Ralph episode? Or the upcoming Advanced Generation episode with Romeo and Julie and their Volbeat and Illumise? Or the many women Brock has swooned over? Or Temaku? Yes, romance is possible between two characters as long as it doesn't divert from the main focus of the show - a boy's journey to accomplish his dreams. AAML/ Pokeshipping will never be disproven unless Ash or Misty confesses (not just show hints towards) his/ her love to someone else.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Ali(mika_umbreon) said:
    Actually... the CDs are official Pokemon Merchandise, so they are considered official. ^_^;; Just because they don't pertain to the original Japanese version does not mean they aren't credible. Besides, from my understanding, all these hints seem to come from the dubbed version anyway. o_o

Yami

Was Missing Since April'04
    Years
  • I have in my possesion the NOM Official Pokemon Master Guide 2000 and they did a interview with the americian dub artists and the anime's creator. They said and i quote "There is something going on between Ash and Misty, so you will see a bit more in Pokemon 2k". Aswell as them saying this "The japs arn't to hot about romance in pokemon but it's deffinitly there". So what do you think of that? hmm?

(please forgive any spelling and grammer errors)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 41
    • Seen Jun 24, 2010
    Sapphire Latios said:
    In "Gotta Catch Ya Later" doesnt Misty say that she didnt care about the bike, she just wanted to make some friends? or something like that!

Hey, wasn't that the episode where she left Ash's crew according to your guys' information? And wasn't the episode where she join Ash's crew, the episode where Pikachu fried her bike?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back