• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RSE Remake Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
I honestly think an Emerald remake is more likely. It'd be easier for them rather than having to mix and change the story in Ruby/Sapphire to be similar to the one in Emerald. Not to mention Emerald was the one with the battle frontier.

I would personally rather an Emerald remake, does anyone else agree?

Driftveil have emerald everywhere, along with inside of the World tournament having tons of emerald everywhere is interesting.

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
Yeah, I believe it'll be more of an Emerald remake, considering all the changes that happened between Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald. The reason is that B2W2 makes more hints to Emerald than Ruby/Sapphire and both Steven and Wallace are fought in the Champion World Tournament and Juan is fought in the Hoenn Leader World Tournament.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I guess they could do a Rayquaza stops Groudon in Ruby, and Kyogre in Sapphire...it'll be kind of boring though...I would much perfer an epic battle cutscene between the trio.

Off topic: Have you guys noticed how the third version has grown more complex from the duo compare to the days of Blue and Crystal. DPPt will have a similar issue as RSE in putting the stories together. And B2W2...well that's a big difference to compromise the stories...

Actually only one with a huge hit is R/S/E as Emerald not only merged the story which was only separated by Big Bad team and Core Focus Pokemon, but also had a heavy change to the story for the teams by adding a second Base for Magma since only Aqua used the cave near Lillycove, and the fact that you had to find and awaken Kyogre and Groudon in two separate locations. There was also the extra bit about awakening Rayquaza.

D/P/Pt only changed at the very end where instead of 1 Dragon, both were summoned and Giratina showed up to stop the effects adding his chase after that. Everything leading up to that point was the same as in D/P as it was in Pt. Only thing that changed between the games was the name of the major legend focus.

R/S/E's had Emerald choose specific teams to be the main baddy for certain events and added one extra event with Magma, so even though it followed the same story the teams alternated on who was the bad guy for the event up until you try to get the stone, that's where the major split happens and that's before the Climax.

Just comparing the two R/S has a harder time being remade with Emerald stuff without it converting to straight Emerald remake or not including Emerald stuff until after major stuff happens than D/P/Pt did with their fusion.

Also to add to possible event ideas for RSE remakes....Instead of being able to catch Game Mascot, they make it to where like with Kyurem in B2W2 you can't catch it on first encounter, so you get normal story, then after story like in B2W2 where you could awaken the opposite Mascot and it would start the Emerald fight where you have to go and find Rayquaza to end the fight then after that you can catch the three, or two if they stick to R/S's version exclusive Mascot thing.

I'm taking notice that Roxanne and Cheren are the first gym leaders and they both happen to be teachers of the Trainer Schools within each respective city. In the way that links B2W2 in hinting towards a RSE remake.

Also, you should go back and look at the gyms. Cheren's gym layout is exactly the same as Roxanne's in RS (in E it was redesigned). Both are the mirrored layout of Brock's gym. Lenora's gym is completely different.

Cheren's gym is two Battle Fields where you have to battle two trainers and then him. That looks nothing like a small maze inside a building. Cheren even uses two Pokemon that are related to Lenora's team (not literally just same species/family.)

His layout is different than Roxanne's. While its not the same as Lenora they still share more in common Gym wise that Cheren and Roxanne do so there isn't really any way that is more than a coincidence.

I'm also referring to how Cheren's Gym is a part of a school like how Lenora's Gym is a part of a Library/Museum. Both Gyms are physically associated with an institute of learning.

Last edited:

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
Rustboro_Gym_RS.png

As you can see, in Ruby and Sapphire, Roxanne didn't have a maze. She had two trainers, and it was just a straight line up to her. Cheren has two battle fields, each with one trainer then you can fight him. Design, similar if not exactly the same. Setting, completely different.

And again, they are both the teachers of a Trainer School and the first Gym Leader. A mere coincidence?

Lenora's gym requires you to battle multiple trainers, has you find books before you can move on to the next part, then has a secret passage that leads you to her study where she fights you. In no way is this similar to Roxanne and Cheren's gym design.

And of course Cheren is gonna have related pokemon. He's a Unova Gym Leader of the same type, and those are the only normal type pokemon, besides azurill that you encounter up until that battle. Other than this, he was nothing in common with Lenora.

The fusion of other buildings with the gyms (like the fusion of pokemart with the pokecenter) is something that started in 5th gen. So of course Lenora and Cheren would be similar in that sense. If that had been the case for all generations, the Rustboro gym probably would have been fused to the school too, along with Falkner's gym and the school in Violet.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I perfer an Emerald remake now...I just think it'll be better than a Sapphire and Ruby remake with only one mascot or as Xander says save the battle between the trio for later which I would find anticlimatic.
Also as someone mentioned all generations have had 5 games since remakes started and seeing how gen 5 has had four so far they just need one cough AncientEmerald/SkyEmerald (the sky was green in the past)/JadeEmerald/etc. cough, though so course they could always break that pattern...kind of funny that gen III broke the three games in a gen thing and gen V might break the five games in a gen as well if both are in fact remade xD

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Rustboro_Gym_RS.png

As you can see, in Ruby and Sapphire, Roxanne didn't have a maze. She had two trainers, and it was just a straight line up to her. Cheren has two battle fields, each with one trainer then you can fight him. Design, similar if not exactly the same. Setting, completely different.

And again, they are both the teachers of a Trainer School and the first Gym Leader. A mere coincidence?

Lenora's gym requires you to battle multiple trainers, has you find books before you can move on to the next part, then has a secret passage that leads you to her study where she fights you. In no way is this similar to Roxanne and Cheren's gym design.

And of course Cheren is gonna have related pokemon. He's a Unova Gym Leader of the same type, and those are the only normal type pokemon, besides azurill that you encounter up until that battle. Other than this, he was nothing in common with Lenora.

The fusion of other buildings with the gyms (like the fusion of pokemart with the pokecenter) is something that started in 5th gen. So of course Lenora and Cheren would be similar in that sense. If that had been the case for all generations, the Rustboro gym probably would have been fused to the school too, along with Falkner's gym and the school in Violet.

Ya you can go straight but you have to battle if you do, otherwise its a slight maze to get to her without battling. You have to battle the trainers to battle Cheren from what I saw.

Also I looked up some stuff about Roxanne and she isn't a teacher in the games. She's still a Student of the Trainer School and a Gym Leader in R/S/E. Her Gym Title is the Rock Loving Honor Student.

She is a Teacher in the Anime however, like Candice is as well.

Also Violet's Gym and Earl's Trainer school have nothing in common so they wouldn't have been fused. Roxanne's Gym and the Trainer school have nothing to do together other than the fact that Roxanne studied there before becoming a Gym Leader and maybe while during as game wise they never said she graduated.

Spoiler:

As for similarities Roxanne's Gym is reused as Brock's Gen 4 Gym.
Spoiler:

Though other than Falkner's Gym all the first Gyms have the similar design to it.

Spoiler:

You can go straight or you can take the small path around. (Path is pretty much the same, dodge the first by going around him on the left side, straight across to the other side through the middle, then passing the second through the right side.

Some Unova Gyms are the only ones I know of where you HAVE to battle all the trainers before getting to the Gym Leader, other than a few Johto ones.

PhantomTwilight

possibly sane
Years
  • Age 28
  • NJ
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
This thread is making me want this remake so badly!

If there was a remake for Gen III, I would definitely want it to be like the originals, in terms of how to split up the games and mascots. In other words, there would be 3 games just like the originals.

Just seeing the whole region and its gym leaders revamped (with new game features) would get me excited.

Last edited:

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
Years
Ah, so it seems I've mistaken the information I read about Roxanne. And I didn't notice that layout in Platinum, course it's been so long since I've lost that one that I don't even remember the game too well. Quick side note, Falkner's gym also has the design, just it forces you to battle both trainers, unless it's HGSS.

I don't think you have to battle Cheren's trainers, they don't battle you until you talk to them, but I've never just walked straight up to him and tested what happens when you don't fight them (an I don't have the patience to restart to find out).

But the point is that B2W2 could be pointing to an RSE remake with Cheren being the first Gym Leader fought and being connected a school.

Though, now that I look at it more this could be a coincidence as all towns of the first gym have a Trainer's School, but I don't believe a second one was necessary for Unova. Meh, I'm probably over-examining this one.

Raichupacabra

Villain
Years
I honestly don't see the remakes happening. They can't just take every game and make a remake. I loved Ruby and Sapphire but I think they'll only make a 3D game, a few spin-offs and move on to Gen VI.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
R/S/E need to be remade though, because as soon as they move the main game series onto the 3DS it'll render R/S/E obsolete since the 3DS doesn't have a GBA slot. Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova can all be visited on the DS/3DS through their respective games, but Hoenn can't be visited at all once they move onto the 3DS unless they release a remake on the DS or 3DS. Its a real shame because I think Hoenn is by far the most beautiful region and seeing it in updated graphics would be amazing.

Plus, not to mention the money they would make with these remakes. Its easy money in the sense that they don't have to think of an entire new game.

blue

gucci
Years
Two games would make more money than just one which is what Nintendo love, that's why I think we'll see Ruby & Sapphire remakes rather than an Emerald remake. That and the fact that Red & Green and Gold & Silver were the ones to be remade rather than the third games, it could happen due to the fact that we got two "third games" which are Black & White 2.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
As I said and keep saying, RSE remakes won't cut it.

A smaller 6th generation introduced through a Hoenn sequel however would be great and way better. Not to mention it'd get them much more money than boring remakes of something that is perfect as it is.

They'll be the next games to be released, Hoenn is the only region to not appear on the DS (from the main RPG series).

One problem. The DS is done. There is no way they will make another game for the DS.

Which in turn means whatever is up next will need a new engine developed for the 3DS.

And then the question arises, would they really start on a new handheld with remakes? I seriously doubt it.

Also, the 3DS e-shop could very well start getting GBA games sometime in the future, further making plain remakes redundant.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
This proably means nothing but I still find it interesting: Reshiram and Zekrom's initials are RZ which interestingly are the initials of the Spanish name for RS Rubi y Zaphiro. Also the color of B2W2 of the dragon Kyurem fused with happen to be those colors Black 2 is Blue (Zaphiro/Saphire) while White 2 is Red (Rubi/Ruby).

They should call those two dragons Rubishiram and Zaphirokrom, haha.
It might mean something, especially because prefixes re- and ze- in two dragons' names are completely random and have no relation to anything, so they might be references to R/S remakes.

I think R/S remakes give more opportunity to change storyline, rather than one Emerald remake. B2/W2 storylines focus on Kyurem and Zekrom or Reshiram, so R/S remakes might focus on Rayquaza and Groudon or Kyogre. Imo Rayquaza would stop fight between Groudon and Kyogre. Everything would seem to be normal until heavy sunlight or heavy rain appear. That would mean Groudon or Kyogre reappeared in Cave of Origin for some reason and player must encounter it. Storyline like that would focus on two legendaries of mascot trio, just like in B2/W2. The only difference would be appearance of all three legendaries in R/S remakes cutscenes, not only two legendaries like in B2/W2.

Things from Emerald like Battle Frontier can be simply included in R/S remakes. I don't even consider them as a reason to remake only Emerald.

PhantomTwilight

possibly sane
Years
  • Age 28
  • NJ
  • Seen Nov 9, 2014
Kanto/Johto/Sinnoh/Unova can all be visited on the DS/3DS through their respective games, but Hoenn can't be visited at all once they move onto the 3DS unless they release a remake on the DS or 3DS. Its a real shame because I think Hoenn is by far the most beautiful region and seeing it in updated graphics would be amazing.

Plus, not to mention the money they would make with these remakes. Its easy money in the sense that they don't have to think of an entire new game.

YES, my thoughts exactly. I wondered about that for a while, and when I saw this thread, It kinda confirmed my suspicions in a way, knowing that other people want the same thing.

There's no way Nintendo'll disappoint their fans like this...would they?

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Dear lord, I think I should stop checking this thread. There is nothing solid, and the assumptions you all put forward are beyond silly. The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald? @__@

Raikou, Entei and Suicune were in HGSS, their initials are RSE, it means NOTHING.

@wombateiro:
So what you're saying is that Rayquaza would show up to stop only Kyogre or Groudon?
That would be really lame. Rayquaza saves the day, and is the star.
There is simply no way of "putting Emerald into RS" and keeping it as its meant to be. The legendaries and their plot was designed with 3 games in mind.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Dear lord, I think I should stop checking this thread. There is nothing solid, and the assumptions you all put forward are beyond silly. The initials of the dragons hint at RS? Seriously? In spanish? No Kyumerald? @__@

Raikou, Entei and Suicune were in HGSS, their initials are RSE, it means NOTHING.

I know those initials probably mean nothing, but still, they never explained why they chose their names to begin with re- and ze-. Main parts of their names are shiro (white) and kuro (black). Prefixes re- and ze- have no explanation.

@wombateiro:
So what you're saying is that Rayquaza would show up to stop only Kyogre or Groudon?
There is simply no way of "putting Emerald into RS" and keeping it as its meant to be. The legendaries and their plot was designed with 3 games in mind.

With Game Freak's creativity everything is possible. Especially when it comes to sell more games. I'm not saying Rayquaza wouldn't save the day, because it would. After Rayquaza would stop both Groudon and Kyogre, either team Magma or Aqua (depending on your version) would try to control their legendary one more time, for example in Cave of Origin. Stopping only one legendary is something that player can do without help of Rayquaza. That would make two legendaries to be stars, just like in B2 or W2.

Btw, what do you think about those percentages I posted on page 2?

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

Yes, I feel your pain. Sadly, I have to keep checking lol. ;(

I do find it silly people grab at things and claim how they're major hints. Ever heard of coincidence? Cause you know...that happens sometimes.

I do think there will eventually be remakes, but I'm just not gonna sit here and grab at the sky for "hints." Perhaps the real title of this should be "what would you want in remakes of rs?" :( Then there wouldn't have to be this beating a dead horse debate all the time, but c'est la vie.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
Btw, what do you think about those percentages I posted on page 2?

Not much because they choose old pokemon on many factors, and what past generation they are from is probably the last thing they consider if they even do it.

I mean, for example they would put a Wingull in a game because there is locations where wild Wingulls just make sense, not because they want more gen 3 pokemon.

Besides, each generation has a different approach and might deal differently with the inclusion of old pokes.

-So Johto for example was basically a second Kanto (regarding what common pokemon are in it), with some new hidden and rare pokemon you have to use new methods to find.
-Hoenn wanted to be a fresh start, but didn't dare to alienate the fans by not including iconic classics... and a specific example is that it had three of the trade evolving ones, since they didn't introduce more than one new. Of course they would use more gen 1 than gen 2 here, because gen 2 was extra pokemon, but they needed casual average pokemon like Magikarp, Zubat and Oddish. ...And then a Slugma because they actually had a fitting location for it this time. There is tons of reasons for certain pokemon to appear, and its not about gens.
-Sinnoh was very much like Johto, as in that it had only a handful of casual pokemon, so it resorted on the use of anything fitting from the past again to fill the gaps for most areaa in the game.
You say there is 34... but I count like less than 20, so I assume you were looking at Platinums upgraded version though. Of course they had to put in everything they evolved for that, which is the case for the initial DP dex too btw, with most of the new stages being for Johto-mons. So you could say it had a noteworthy amount of those because it had evolutions/babies of them.
Also, the percentage barely takes the lead of gen 1 with ~30%, of which there are more casual ones in.
-BW depends on whether you mean the enw Unovadex for BW2 or postgame stuff in BW, which was full of random and just filled with everything they could add in kind of thing.

And again, gen V is done. There is no way on earth going to be more DS games. Starting new graphics with something new is quite safe to assume.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
@wombateiro:

There is a way you can implement Emerald into Ruby and Sapphire though. As already shown by Emerald, they want the story to improve, this could be what the remakes are for: to keep the main basics intact, but to improve on it a bit.

Do you honestly think only one team goes through the trouble of awakening their legendary while the other sits by though? It would make more sense to have both teams involved. Maybe you could go after both to begin with, then for some reason you only bother with keeping up with one of them for the rest of the game, depending on the version you have(so you only see more of your team).

If you think about it, the only problem would be the whole Rayquaza situation, because it would be tough to put it into the picture without letting it hog the spotlight. The way I see it, they should get the big battle scene on and, in it, they could allow Rayquaza to work more on the opposite mascot, to the point where they are both weakened. Your mascot then could come in and mess them up more, haha, only to notice you trying to get involved before it proceeds to finish them off. This would send you into the battle.

Also, why is it that bad to think that hints could be in the games? Yeah, it gets annoying when people start grasping at the most simple/random things, but Game Freak could actually be hiding things for a little extra fun, hinting at possible stuff in the future- like the Dream World being hinted at way back in Gen 3. Coincidence isn't the answer to everything either, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back