• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The Kawaii Art Of Candace

Candaceaboo

Misty Lover
Years
  • Hello, Candaceaboo here to share some art. Some are drawn, some are digital. I will be updating daily, so don't miss out. Please give your thoughts and critique.

Misty (from Pokemon)
    Misty_by_erohd.jpg

Veronica (My friend's OC)

AT_Veronica_by_erohd.jpg

Gwen Tennyson (from Ben 10)

lucky_by_erohd.jpg

There will be more soon, don't forget to give thoughts and critique!

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Nice artwork, I really admire those. There's something about those that is just so......alluring. Just one thing, I do think Gwen's hair is a bit too long.

Last edited:

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
    Years
  • To properly critique the artwork, I'm not really that familiar with the cellular shading style.

I have to say for the most part, the anatomy of the drawings are pretty good. Though I would be a little careful with some things. Looking at the hand of the Veronica picture in particular. The one in front looks large and a little awkward.

The light source also doesn't seem to be as well defined in the drawings as it should, though it might just be some unknown style I don't know of. But I might also suggest adding in more colors and variety to the overall drawings.

And also I might suggest trying different things with you're backgrounds and poses to leave more of an impact towards the viewers. You don't really have to leave the genre you're drawing, but try different things to find a sense of style somewhere.

Hope that helped

Years
    • Seen Jun 16, 2016
    I don't like her eyes so much, it looks abormal ><'
    Anyway, u did a great job
    Cute%20Sheep%20Emoticon%20004.gif
    , try hard (>v<)b

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi there! Nice to see some work, they look nice!

I agree with TheLeetCasualGamer about the light source, it's not defined well in the drawings. The light source should be easy to find. Also, playing around with colors and layer settings never hurt. Experimenting with colors and shading is fun to try and it helps improve your skills.

Okay, the anatomy seems alright. The heads are a bit big, but that can change soon. I have point out that the eyes are never the same size. O..o Well, the last picture seems to have the same shape and size of the eyes. Whether the head is tilted or not, the eyes should have somewhat the same size and position. Usually the placement of the eyes can be determined in your sketch because there's guidelines on the face to place facial parts on.

Overall, you make some nice drawings and I hope you found my post useful to you!

Back