• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Unova Exploration! [OOC + SU]

Maxew555

You can call me Max :D
Years
Pokémon: Unova Exploration!
Rated T

History:

Set in Unova a few years after the Hero from Black 2/White 2 has taken down Team Plasma. In time, the heads of the region, The Elite Four and of course the Champion, who's position is now taken by the Hero, have made the decision, with regret, to make the eight gym leaders redundant. The reason for this being that Team Plasma's 'original' or ' cover' motives from two years before their second uprising, about liberating Pokemon got to the Elites, this made them think. Gym Battles and also League Battles too, the Unova League continued to stand strong though, acting as some sort of government for the region. As the government, the league don't do much, no new laws have been set in place and no previous ones harshly enforced. Marshal has left his place in the league and has left to adventure Kalos alongside Alder. The region is close to breaking point, in the south-east area of the region, protests are not an unusual sight. Lastly, routes and forests around the region are not as safe as they used to be and may contain many possible dangers inside.

The Region:

Many places around Unova have changed since the gyms were shut down. Now gyms are used as battle clubs and even some have become overrun by nature and are now habitats for wild Pokemon. Unova's economy is struggling as the need for Potions and other types of medicines are not needed as much, there is now a lack of tournaments in the region due to a lack in interest to battle Pokemon. As mentioned before, the region is dangerous in some parts, however towns and cities are always a safe place to rest.

Plot:

Very recently the decision to make the Leaders redundant and the disappearance of the Hero took place. You as a new trainer, wake up in your hometown in Unova wherever that may be and your parent answers the door to Professor Cedric Juniper. He bares a few Pokemon in his briefcase and tells you that you have been selected, along with several other trainers, to roam the region with a dream to see the world and become a Pokemon Master. During your adventures around the region, you my find hints to the whereabouts of the Hero, or help someone in need, or even stand up for something you believe in so strongly that you may change the region for the better. Now, go and explore the world of Pokemon, throughout the hard times with friends and the good times! (Sorry, just absolutely had to do that)

SU Setup:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
History:
Starter Pokemon:
Other Info:

Starters:

Snivy (taken)
Tepig (taken)
Oshawott (taken)
Zoroua (taken)
Eevee (taken)
Cubchoo (available)
Riolu (taken)
Mareep (taken)
Drilbur (taken)
Raggenrola (reserved)
Yamask (available)
Munna (avalible)
Axew (taken)
Igglybuff (taken)
Ruflet (taken)
Ventipide (available)
Klink (available)
Sewaddle (taken)

Rules:

1. Please read and respect the rules of this thread and the forums.
2. Please, no bunnying without permission
3. Please, keep this and the ICC thread appropriate, don't cross the line with the language or anything else for that matter
4. No leaving Unova, if you wish to catch a Pokemon from another region, just ask, I'm sure we can make that possible
5. No catching legendary Pokemon, you may make encounters though
6. Pokemon can learn a max of four moves at a time
7. You may only travel with six Pokemon at a time, the others will be sent to the PC, you can retrieve them from the PC in Pokemon Centres
8. If you are going to be inactive, please notify me or one of the other RPers
9. If you wish to leave the RP, please just notify me so we can make your space available
10. Have Fun!

Accepted RPers:

Maxew555 as Ryan Timpest
Crimson0191 as Kio Cat
Sheraku as Kitsune Inari
Iceman3317 as Dallas Redit
Starlight Sprite as Mia Rheanne Kents
DarkEmeraldRarity as Fiammetta Batavia
Rune Alchemist as Mihara Osaka
Diasukie Mitsuharu as Matthew Emerson
ChaosHeart95 as Roxy Lockhearte
GoldenRayquaza as Logan Balilorm
Blackey448 as Janice Zaborav
hananas59 as Duncan Brottlefield

Reservations:

(Also, I'm not looking for as many RPers as Pokemon, I just wanted to give options)

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Name: Kitsune Inari
Hometown: Humilau City

Personality: Calm and collected, Inari is a rather intellegent individual. Though quiet and usually of little words, she's still friendly enough, and is more than capable of carring on polite conversation, but tends to stay out of people's way, and is usually not the first to start chatting it up.

Appearance: Standing stright up Inari is mildly short at 5' 4". She has shorter crimson red-red hair that reaches down just above her shoulders curving inward at the ends to her cheeks. For being a girl she has thick brown eyebrows and a moderatly larger forehead. Behind her thick black rectangle framed glasses Inari's eyes are a green-brown hazel color. Her other facial features are a tiny nose and a rather small mouth, nothing too outstanding. Being fit, she's still not what would be considered slim, rather she has a nice sturdy, filled out build.

On top Inari wears an open black jacket that ends halfway down her back with the sleeves rolled up to be at the start of her biceps. Underneith she has a tight fitting black accented (collar and base) blaze orange tank-top that passes down to the start of her hips. On the black base of this shirt is also where she has her Pokeballs clipped. With long black fingerless gloves on each of her hands the ends reach a couple inches from her elbows. For lower attire Inari sports yet even more black, generally meaning more loosely fitting jeans, and plain brown hiking boots. She also carries with her a rather large black and lemon shoulder bag to hold her items.

History: Born on the East Coast of the Unova Region, Inari's parents got a devorce when she was still very young. Being an only child this spoiled her as they always tried to prove that they were the better. Due to their joint custody she bounced from parent to parent periodically. However she never really had a problem with it, in fact she rather enjoyed it seeing as how she was able to see much of the land Unova had to offer growing up, as her Father lived in Mistralton City, on the opposite side of the Region.

On her sixteenth Birthday while visiting her Father who had invited her to stay with him for the occassion. Professor Cedric Juniper paid a predetermind visit to them, and offered Inari a young female Axew to start training. Overwhelmed with happiness, excitement, and the desire to instantly start building a bond with her new companion, Inari set out the next day to begin her journey, though she didn't really have a particular goal then to be the best that she could while learning as much about Pokemon health as she could.

Starter Pokemon: Axew

Other Info: Having a strange facination with both fire and wind, Inari can sometimes be found meditating talking seemingly to herself. Not particualrily fond of battling, yet loves to raise Pokemon to their full potential. Getting a late start on being a Trainer shes certainly done her research before hand, and dreams to be a Pokemon Breeder.

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Ok, all of those spaces have been reserved, I have no problems with reservations. I'll submit the IC thread after all of you get up your SUs and maybe when we get one or two more members.

Lycanroc

under the sun
Years
Here's what I have so far.

Name: Logan Balilorm
Hometown: Driftveil City
Personality: Logan likes to explore areas uninhabited by Pokémon. He doesn't leave Driftveil very often otherwise, and so he's never met very many Pokémon. But he still likes them, especially Riolu and Lucario. He likes the color red. A lot. Very active and does a daily lap around town. He's very good at bonding with creatures, human or Pokémon. This is proven by the fact that he has many friends.
Appearance: Logan is about 5'6" with short chocolate-colored hair and brown eyes. He wears a backwards cap with a pictue of a Pokéball on it, along with a dark red graphic T-shirt with either a Riolu, Lucario, or Reshiram on it. He wears reddish-brown shorts and black and-white
History: Logan grew up in Driftveil City with just his dad and his older brother Max. His parents were divorced when he was 2, and his dad kept him and Max.

When he turned 5, he left Driftveil for the first time, going on a vacation to Nimbasa City's amusement park. Crossing the bridge, he looked up and saw a Pokémon, the first one he had ever seen. A Ducklett.

When he turned 7, he spent most of his time researching Pokémon. He studied battles, Gym Leaders, and the Pokémon League. This excited him for the day he would get his first Pokémon.

Then the Champion removed the League.

Logan was discouraged. When he turned 10, he ended up not getting any Pokémon at all, to bummed to do it. He spent most of his time for the next two years in his room, drawing scenes from battle tournament DVDs and hanging them on his wall.

He let the removal slip his mind at age 12. He decided to take a trip to southwestern Unova. Aaron spent his first two days exploring Virbank City/Complex. Then he set off to Route 20, avoiding any and all tall grass. He soon arrived at Flocessy Town. He took some time to look around, but nothing was very interesting to him, so he traveled to Aspertia City. He arrived at 2 A.M. the next morning, and luckily found somewhere to sleep. He spent about a week in Aspertia, enjoying all of it.

On the way back, he realized he had never explored Flocessy Ranch. So he turned around halfway through Route 20, where he was when he realized this, and explored every section of the Ranch.

When he was climbing over a fence, he noticed a Riolu was following him. Not thinking as he knew wild Pokémon were dangerous, he patted the Riolu on the head. Thankfully, it didn't bite or punch Logan. It just smiled at him. Since that day, Logan loves all Riolu and Lucario.

2 years after the trip, he was motivated to start his journey. Even without the League, he is certain he will enjoy it. Now he's ready to show the world his true strength... with Pokémon!
Starter Pokémon: Riolu
Other Info: Whew, I did it.

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Sounds good so far GoldenRayquaza, what does WIP stand for?

Also, a quick question for everyone, what would you all like to be called?

Maxew555

Years
No problem Crimson, I'll reserve Zorua for you. Wow, I need to get my SU up soon before we run out of starter Pokemon.

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Name: Kio Cat
Hometown: Striaton City

Personality: Kio is very upbeat and hyper. His squeaky voice is just the thing that says he has a good personality and is friendly towards everyone. He tries to be kind to everyone he can and is always trying to help, however, often he will believe that he is right over everyone else, and will put up a good argument to prove his point. He doesn't like physical fighting, but loves pokémon battling, although his timid nature tends to prevent him from being a good pokémon battler. He also has a strange obsession with wolves, and will often howl on mountains when it is dark to feel closer to the earth. He also loves the water.

Appearance: Kio is ginger haired which is quite long and sticky-outy. He is very skinny, and even slightly muscular. His eyes are a dark shade of blue, but in the dark are almost pale yellow. He has wolf like ears attached to his head, and his normal ears covered by masses of hair. On his hands he wears black thick gloves that resemble the paws of a wolf, and for the rest of his clothing he wears a dark grey t-shirt, and over it, a dark grey body-warmer. On his feet are grey pants that cover most of his black boots, that again resemble the paws of a wolf. On his back he also has a grey bushy tail.

History: As a child he always loved reading stories. At the age of 10 he was writing tons of stories, as his imagination was just so vivid, but most of his stories were about wolves. Kio's parent's adored him, and did the best they could for him, even though if bad things happened he would never seem down about it. He always looked on the positive side. During the time when the gyms were still around, Kio's father attempted to beat Chili, but unfortunately didn't beat him, so Kio made a bet with him "If I beat Chili, you owe me £20!" Soon Kio's life was all about watching pokémon battling on tv and learning the tricks and traits. This is about the time when he began to dress like a wolf (or Mighteyena, whatever you want.)

In school, Kio was doing well. He was exceedingly intelligent, and was top set in every academic subject. Unfortunately, he wan't so good at subjects such as art and Physical Education. He had never considered himself talented in much, but just very clever, and has always been very bad at running. When the teachers found out that Kio was dropping school, they were very shocked, but very supportive. Mrs Moyer had always been a good 'friend' to Kio, always helping him out and such, and she decided that he should still keep on top of his education, and with that, she gave him a huge leaving gift, his own laptop, however the promise was, "You should do some work on that every once in a while, follow your fathers footsteps, but be prepared for the future." Soon Kio had a promise he made, and a promise to keep. This is when his journey begins.

Starter Pokemon: Zorua
Other Info: His favorite color is grey, he was born in November under the sign of Scorpio.

Maxew555

Years
Crimson0191: accepted! I now see why you chose Zorua, good choice.

Kio also fits in very well with a plot that I thought about for whoever wants to join, I'm going to keep it quite secretive though as it would be a key point if your character joined in.

Also, just reserving Tepig myself. Finally decided.

Last edited:

Nate

Evil Cute Thing
Years
Yeah, I think his team is going to consist of mainly dark and ghost types to be controversial towards his personality. haha

Maxew555

Years
My SU so far, I need to post this to get it onto my laptop as I started it on the iPad:

Name: Ryan Timpest

Hometown: Aspertia City

Personality: Ryan can be very hot-headed and reckless at times, but always with best intentions at heart. He will always go out of his way to help out a friend in need, however he is abnormally quiet around strangers, he can also often turn antisocial when he has something on his mind.

Appearance: Ryan stands at about 5.6 ft and has golden-blondish hair, spiked out at the front. He has dark green eyes and often wears denim jeans, a printed t-shirt and an orange hooded top.

History: Ryan was born in Hoenn and had his mother die in childbirth, he was left the youngest of five children, caught in a time of struggle, with only one parent working. His father loved him and his two brothers and two sisters all as much as they loved one another.

Starter Pokemon: Tepig

Other Info:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Hmm reserve me for Rufflet please, that is if there is still room. I will try to get a SU up tonight. I don't think I will have a certain type. Not sure yet. I mean I literally have nothing yet, but I should be able to come up with some stuff easily.

Name: Dallas Redit
Hometown: Mistralton City

Personality: Dallas loves making friends with pokemon and people alike. He is also very jolly and is rarely sad. Although some people think he will not stand up for what he believes in, he does no hesitate to speak his mind and it sometimes lands him in hot water. He does not really care for battleing much, but loves training them in alternative ways. He still likes battleing a bit, but not as much as he once did. He enjoys learning and collecting pokemon of all types, but has a love for flying types.

Appearance: Dallas has green eyes and dark brown hair. His hair is usually fairly short. Dallas stands about 5'7". He is usually is carrying a small laptop and a camera. He also holds on to a full pokedex he received from his father. He does not have specific clothing he wears, but it is usually colors that reminds him of Autumn.

History: At the age of ten, he could relate with Team Plasma a bit. Though he did not agree that releasing them was best, but he knew that pokemon shouldn't be confined to pokeballs. He knew that if a pokemon was not happy with its trainer, they were stuck together until released, but if there was no pokeballs. A pokemon could leave at will when they notice their trainer was going down a wrong path. At twelve he was sickened by the Black Team Plasma. They were cold hearted and wanted to take over the world, even when they thought they were doing the right thing. Dallas has promised that when he catches a pokemon, to ask them if they want to stay with him and if they don't then they could leave. Mistralton City was never really affected by the actions of Team Plasma. His idol is Skyla the 'use to be gym leader' of his home town and studied her flying type pokemon a lot. Over time, he thought of Skyla as an older sister or cousin and he gained a love for flying types, although he loves all pokemon. He loves taking photos of pokemon and uploading them. He will sometimes even take jobs in order to get money or even sell pictures to magazines. Dallas has no main goal, but he would like to catch or at least meet a Charizard.

Starter Pokemon: Rufflet

Other Info: Dallas loves all the colors of Autumn. He was born in October under the sign of Libra. He also around a full pokedex that he received from his father, he carries a small laptop around, and a digital camera.

And that completes my sign up. I may add a few more details later on.

Last edited:

Maxew555

Years
Sheraku Accepted!

Blackey Reserved! Of course, I will reserve you for Oshawott.

Iceman Accepted!

Well, here is my finished SU then:

Name: Ryan Timpest

Hometown: Aspertia City

Personality: Ryan can be very hot-headed and reckless at times, but always with best intentions at heart. He will always go out of his way to help out a friend in need, however he is abnormally quiet around strangers, he can also often turn antisocial when he has something on his mind. However, Ryan has always had a secret dream of being the best Pokemon trainer ever. Ryan has always loved fire-type Pokemon, even at a young age, after seeing a painting of many Ponyta in a field, he took an interest in them. Also, he has had a Ponyta doll from birth and even pledges to take it with him on his journey now, he thinks of his mother when being with it.

Appearance: Ryan stands at about 5.6 ft and has golden-blondish hair, spiked out at the front. He has dark green eyes and often wears denim jeans, a printed t-shirt and an orange hooded top.

History: Ryan was born in Hoenn and had his mother die in childbirth, he was left the youngest of five children, caught in a time of struggle, with only one parent working. His father loved him and his two brothers and two sisters all as much as they loved one another. Soon his oldest sibling, Joe, left for Johto, then the next, Lisa, for Kalos, Kenny went to Shinnoh and the only two siblings left, Ella, aged sixteen and Ryan himself, aged 13 at the time. Ryan, his sister and his father then moved to Aspertia City in Unova Little did they know that they were living in the house that used to belong to the Hero of Unova, it was sold once the Hero had gone missing. After around a year passed, Ryan eagerly awaited his fourteenth birthday, in hopes that he may get a Pokemon at that time and that is how Ryan's journey will unfold...

Starter Pokemon: Tepig

Other Info: Ryan was born in late July, under the sign of Leo, with a Leos' preferred element as fire, this suited Ryan perfectly. Ryan's favorite color is Orange.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I have slightly changed the age of my character to 15. I will also add a few more sentences to the history.

This seems like a very interesting RP and I think I will enjoy it a lot. So I hope it does well.

But before we start, do you know exactly what season we will start in? Since this is Unova and seasons play a large role in it.

Last edited:

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
Years
Finally got this done! To clarify, she is the child of the protagonists from Pokemon Colosseum. This is an OC of mine who I came up with a while ago but has yet to actually see the light of day in an RP. :7:

5e8222fc-690c-4f0a-b767-0824f20067dc_zps4e912091.jpg

Name: Mia Rheanne Kents
Hometown: Nacrene City
Personality: Mia is a sociable and frisky individual. She is casual and friendly, but due to her upbringing is slow to trust others. She tries not to draw a great deal of interest to herself, a lesson deeply instilled in her by her parents, yet just like them has a knack for attracting attention. Like her mother Mia is caring and gentle, but like her father she is independent and sometimes rebellious. A safe assumption would be that she inherited her stubbornness from both of them.

Mia treats her Pokemon as dear friends, and makes almost no distinction between them and human companions. She harbors a deep passion for raising Pokemon, coupled with a love of exploring new places. Her bravery is also commendable, being more than eager to sacrifice herself to save a friend or loved one. Yet coupled with her rash and stubborn nature, this can lead her dangerous situations. Mia also holds a strong sense of justice, not afraid to speak up when she knows something isn't right.
Appearance: Mia cares little about her or others' appearances, preferring to judge peers by their merits, not their manner of dress. She stands at a height of five feet, six inches, with chestnut brown hair and eyes of the same shade. Hair hair is long, grown down to her waist, and generally kept in a ponytail with a few strands hanging in the front. She has a light complexion, though her skinned is slightly tanned.

Like much of everything else, Mia's clothing reflects her outgoing but relaxed nature. Her standard outfit consists of a blue and black, short-sleeved hoodie coupled with dark gray shorts. Matching boots and fingerless gloves complete the look. She wears no jewelry save for a Pokeball-shaped hairpin on her right side.
History: Mia was born in the Orre region just months after the second Shadow Pokemon incident, as such having no memory of the events. Her parents, due to involvement in the first attack by Team Cipher had gone underground due to bounty hunters and remnants of the criminal organizations searching for them. Her early years were spent in Agate Village while her mother and father stayed in hiding in the backwater town.

As the years passed, the remaining members of Team Cipher who hadn't been caught by the international police finally began leave Orre or settle down peacefully. Times were changing as the desert region's future looked bright. Mia's parents came out of hiding, though they continued to keep a low profile. The family moved to Phenac City, her father drawn by the impressive Realgam Tower that now hosted a shimmering stadium atop its spire.

Time went by peacefully but slowly. Mia's mother took up a job at Realgam Tower as a receptionist, while her father became a chef a a local restaurant, cooking food together with his Pokemon. A few times over the years there were knocks at their door by those looking for the heroes who defeated Team Cipher in ages past. They were all turned away politely by the family, all suspicions removed thanks to their radical career changes.

But the winds of change always manage to blow, and there is no force strong enough to hold them back. Mia's father, who along with her mother had defeated Team Cipher during its first campaign, still longed for the thrill of Pokemon battles. He could not climb the ranks in Orre, lest he be discovered, but saw interest in Unova, which had recently shut down its Gyms, giving rise to battle clubs and other stadiums. When Mia was fourteen the family moved to Nacrene City in the southest corner of the region, where her father once again took up the mantle of a Pokemon Trainer.

It wasn't long before his skill became noticed. He was approached one day by Cedric Juniper, explaining the the disappearence of Unova's heroes and hoped that Mia's father would come out of retirement to correct the region's problems. The man was surprised enough that he had been discovered, but did not doubt the Professor's wisdom and persistence. But he saw himself as too old to play that role again, looking to his daughter Mia. Both the girl and Cedric Juniper agreed that it was time for her to leave home. Mia was presented with her first Pokemon, an Eevee whom she named Midnight due to its shimmering black eyes. Eager to pursue her destiny, Mia boldly stepped forward into the world.
Starter Pokemon: Eevee
Other Info: Mia has inherited the ability to sense the auras of Pokemon from her mother. She is descended from aura knights of ages past, similar to Sir Aaron. The ability has weakened significantly over the centuries due to other bloodlines brought in. The extent of Mia's powers only serve to identify Pokemon with evil auras, proving no empathetic or telepathic insight.

Back