• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Dragon Type move

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Dragon Dance. It boosts your Attack and Speed both at the same time, allowing you to immediately start sweeping. I like Outrage as well. This move is extremely powerful, and strikes your opponent continuously for two - three turns. Outrage does end up leaving you confused, but if you're holding Lum Berry, you'll instantly snap out of it. Persim Berry works, too. Aside from Dragon Dance and Outrage, I also like Draco Meteor. This attack's got a base power of one-thirty, which is a lot. And if you're a good special attacker, then thanks to this, you could take out almost any of your opponent with just a single hit. d: Draco Meteor lowers your Special Attack by two stages after every use, but no worries—your stats will be reset as soon as you switch into a different Pokémon.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

Dragonbreath. I like the paralyze packed with it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
it all depends on the dragon pokemon itself imo. dragon pokemon arent the only users of dragon moves tbh e.g. charizard with dragon dance/krookodile with outrage/heatran with dragon pulse

if the pokemon was physically oriented, it would be outrage. OUTRAGE SPAM ASDFGHJKL FTW, but fairies are gonna screw the sweep tho :<

if the pokemon was specially oriented, it would be draco meteor. DRACO METEOR FTW TOO >:D hit and run with draco meteor = win

dragon dance is also a notable mention, as it simultaneously raises the user's attack stat and speed stat :]

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Oct 16, 2023
I'm not the biggest fan of overpowered moves, so draco meteor does really appeal to me :/ outrage is good but having the confusion effect after is anoying...

I personaly like dragon tail, being able to swap your enemies pokemon out and deal damage is pretty awsome in my opinion :P

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
Outrage used to be so broken before Fairies came into play. I guess this would have been my favourite if I used Dragons, but I don't so it's actually my least favourite since I get rocked by it all the time >:(

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I say Dragon Dance and Twister. It's so useful getting your attack and speed boosted in with one move. And Twister is just epic. It's just such a cool move, and it's great making the opponent flinch.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
The clear winner here is Spacial Rend. Dat critical hit ratio tho.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

i'm blaming his twin brother, metal claw

Altair1

Willpower
Years
Roar of time is my absolute favourite. It sounds and looks epic! (maybe not so epic for the opposing Pokemon)
Fond memories as a younger child sweeping the Elite Four with Dialga haha...

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Roar of time is my absolute favourite. It sounds and looks epic! (maybe not so epic for the opposing Pokemon)
Fond memories as a younger child sweeping the Elite Four with Dialga haha...

I prefer Spacial Rend over Roar Of Time... but I also prefer Palkia over Dialga, I was a Dialga hater for a long time until I was involved in a RP and a Dialga protected me and added him to my list of Pokémon I like

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I prefer Spacial Rend over Roar Of Time... but I also prefer Palkia over Dialga, I was a Dialga hater for a long time until I was involved in a RP and a Dialga protected me and added him to my list of Pokémon I like

The only thing I dislike about Dialga is its cry, it sounds strange, perhaps it's much more different in X/Y since so many cries have been altered significantly.
I understand how people would prefer Spacial Rend with its Critical Hit Ratio and no drawback though...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Gonna be LAME and agree with Dragon Pulse. It's just...awesome and accessible, haha. Love the new XY animation too! Dialga > Palkia tho sorry!

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Outrage is my favorite move. I love the animation, the sound effects and the fact that you could just spam it on almost any Pokemon for massive damage.

Back