• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abyssian [Rated T+]

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Abyssian
A Pokemon Journey x Tales of Abyss RP
<< Theme >>

2897056_m.jpg

Note: You do NOT have to be knowledgeable about Tales of the Abyss in order to join this RP. Just to let you know.

[Prologue - Auldrant and the Score]

Auldrant is a region that is separated into two nations: Malkuth and Kimlasca-Lanvaldear. The large land of Auldrant is held together by Sephiroth Trees. The Sephiroth Trees are pillars with a shape of a large glowing tree that hold up Auldrant. The Sephiroth Trees can be accessed through an ancient ruin called the passage rings, which are marked usually by ruins that date back to the Dawn Age of Auldrant. Ten of these locations exist in total. The Sephiroth Trees are places where the planet's Fonons and memory particles spout forth. These pillars are the result of artificially strengthening those memory particles through the passage rings. Each tree sustains and supports separate regions of the world, and if the associated tree is destroyed or shut down, the immediate area will implode and collapse, leaving a massive abyss on the surface in place of the former landmass.

For much of Auldrant's history, only six fonons (or atoms as we would call them) were known to exist, representing the elements of Shadow, Earth, Wind, Water, Fire and Light; but eventually a seventh fonon, controlling Sound, is discovered. Its discovery brings great chaos: using this newest Seventh Fonon allows one to read the future. One such Seventh Fonist, Yulia Jue, an important religious figure, puts in place a future for the world for thousands of years to come, with the promise of unlimited prosperity at its end.

This prophecy of the future's set path becomes known as the "Score" and is documented on "Fonstones" scattered throughout the world. The nations of Kimlasca-Lanvaldear and Malkuth have fought over the fragments of these tablets for generations, each uncovering them and hoping to discover the future before the other. Meanwhile, a holy order emerges dedicated to the reading of the Score and the keeping of the peace. This holy order is called the "Order of Lorelei", and is headed by a Fon Master who maintains both religious/political and military branches.

The score is sort of like a horoscope that reads basically anything; to what will they do for their birthday, to what they should have for dinner. People cling to the score more than anything else; after all, it's like a candle light to darkness. One day, the score read once more, but this time, it became a promise. A promise to unlimited prosperity for Auldrant. Finally -- the unlimited prosperity the people have been waiting for years was about to come true.

...little did they know though,with the promise of prosperity, the world's destruction will also commence.

[The Pokemon]

The Pokemon are considered sacred by the Order of Lorelei due to a pact formed with Yulia Jue, symbolized by the Sorcerer's Ring. The ring enables the Pokemon to communicate with others, as well as use the power of various Fonons to gain new skills. Like in Modern times, the Pokemon were owned by people, to perform a number of tasks, however, in these times, it is illegal to own a Pokemon under the age of 16. Society is drastically different from that of a modern day pokemon world, for example, the treatment of pokemon is something that differs quite a lot, with the general attitude being that they are tools, to be respected and, sometimes, feared, not to be friends with.

The Pokemon live across the land of Aldurant, each housing at least one of the six fonons, as well as un-categorized fonons, (ghost, psychic, grass, etc.). Many parts of pokémon knowledge aren't known, specifically pokémon 'types'. Whilst many can understand that a water type might have 'water fonons', or a fire type have 'fire fonons'.

There was a prominent reputation system in Auldrant, which still holds meaning today. It consisted of different ranks, depending on how many badges you had. A badge in was given out by a pokémon Master - the owner of a Colosseum Arena - if you managed to defeat or severely impress them in a pokémon battle.

[Technology]

Today, this weren't as advanced then when it was in Yulia's time. You can say this is like a reminiscent of medieval England, however, it is possible to create airplanes, battleships, submarines, and so on. However, technology like this would be called "fon machines", developed from a theory that was set back in Yulia's time.

As for Pokemon technology, Pokeballs were also Fon machines, where the energy released from them made it possible to capture any pokemon a person would want; however, the theory behind this was never understood, except for a theory that the energy is only a set of different kinds of Fonons clustered together. Monster Books were a replacement of the modern day PokeDex. This book is at least 100 pages long and can be quite the burden to carry. Gels were like a reminiscent of Potions. You can say Gels are like jello, where they take a round shape, and are very soft when you can eat them. You can, however, grind them into liquids, so that they become easier to carry, and to consume.

[Plot]

This world is twisted; ruled to the score. That's because the world has been now promised future prosperity, read from the score by Yulia. With said promise, the people have been prepared on the guidelines on what they should to in order to gain that prosperity. However, that excitement became panic when the score read that before the prosperity can be gained, the lands will fall, coated with the aftermath of war, and a deadly poison gas - miasma. That fear turned to reality when it was becoming true; a town known as Hod started to have landslides, earthquakes, and water shortening as their people started to panic due to their water running low, their plants dying, and the fear of being pillaged by thieves. Soon, the land was going to completely be imploded, shrouded by the miasma, as foretold by Yulia's score.

However, a land's implosion would be near impossible without the Sephiroth trees being destroyed first. What, or who caused the trees to be destroyed?

There is also talk of war between the two regions that are decided in Auldrant: Malkuth and Kimlasca-Lanvaldear. Soon, the war actually took place, leaving the world into chaos. Daath, a town neutral to the both of them, and are also the protectors and keepers of Yulia's score, decided that they needed to help stop the war, or else many more people will parish from the implosion of the lands, and the spread of the poisonous miasma.

So, Daath created a team of 6 knights called the Six-God Generals, who's main job was to stop the war, and to help the citizens of Auldrant survive the chaos predicted by the score, as well as finding a way to stop the lands from imploding, and stop the miasma from spreading.

Daath also had an idea to stop the war. The gyms in both Malkuth and Kimlasca-Lanvaldear hold great class and influence to whoever could hold all the badges. So, in theory, if one were to hold all the badges, they were to become pokemon masters, and hold influence in the two regions, making one a powerful ambassador to help to make peace and to stop the war. Therefore, Daath also sends the Six-God Generals on a pokemon journey to collect the badges as well. However, their journey will be long and difficult; for many more people wishes to hold all the badges, and be the ultimate pokemon master themselves.

[What this RP is really about]

You're basically a teenager / young adult who is also a member of Daath's Six-God Generals. You're basically on a pokemon journey, where you travel Auldrant, collecting gym badges, in order to stop the war between Kimalsca and Malkuth. Train Hard, because you'll meet many more people with pokemon who wants to realize their own dreams. A much darker plot ensures, where you'll see the effects of the lands lowering down, sub-coming to the effects of the poisonous miasma.

Pokemon will have levels, but only for fun. Battles are pure anime style, where I'll tell you whenever your pokemon gains a level, or is able to evolve.

This is also not intended to be a chapter RP, but, I'll post guidelines. Basically, as soon as a player wants to enter a new area, they'll have to wait for me to post details about that area before continuing to post. Details can include what pokémon can be found there, what the route/town really looks like, any important people or points of interest or even events.

[ So, while your role is indeed you being one of the Six-God Generals, what do you intend to do? ]

- Focus all your efforts on stopping the war?

- Maybe you want to defeat the Pokemon Masters and collect all Arena Badges to become a powerful, influential person?

- Maybe you will travel to see what state Auldrant really is in, to decide whether or not you believe in the score, and then fight for that cause?

- Any other adventures?

[Rules]

- Normal PC/RP rules applies here.

- Please be active; post at least once every week.

- Discuss things Out Of Character (OOC) this thread, post In Character (IC) in the main thread when it comes up.

- Use correct spelling and grammar (as good as you can) in your posts.

- I am the Game Master (GM) and I will play many characters that I won't make Sign Ups (SUs) for.

- If you get lost, don't worry; I'll be making posts on where everything is.

- Rated T+, even though this will be pretty dark at times :3

- This is naturally a pokemon journey RP, so, If you want to catch a new pokémon, end your post with the pokéball shaking or something like that. I will decide if the capture is successful or not, depending on how good your post and the battle or events that led up to the capture was.

[Sign Up Sheet]

Name: (first and last)

Appearance:
(body, face, hair, clothes, accessories... weapons are optional, but not nessesary)

History: (something about where and under what circumstances you grew up, and how you became a six-god general. It can be as brief as you want; but just remember that the generals are housed in Daath)

Personality: (what we should know before the RP starts to better understand and interact with your character)

Pokémon:

You can have up to 2. No legendaries. At the start, they may know all leveling-up-moves up to level 30. You may write them all down in your SU to keep track of them, if you want ^^ The pokémon may be evolved forms that evolve at a later level or in strange ways, like Leafeon for example.

- Species:
- Species:

[The God Generals]

-
-
-
-
-
-​

Last edited:

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
I would want to join this, but I think I'd be good enough to have joined it on EGC. :P I'll be reading it, though!

Years
I want to reserve a spot too. I am about half way done with this SU on Notepad, but a history that leads me to become a God-General is tough. Hope to be done latest tomarrow.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Never mind. Here is my partial SU:

Name: Gust though also known by his full Knight title, "Gust Lancerose"

Appearance: Gust is not what you may think of a 28 year old guy. First of all, Gust is heavily built, having been in training ever since he was twenty. His deep-tan skin is blemished by many scars, presumably the result of his intense training, in his younger years. The most prominent scar he has is the ling gash running from his right shoulder downwards to his waist. His face is also marked by a small scar running from across his upper lip to his lower lip.

Secondly, Gust is not the kind of guy you will call handsome, but certainly has the looks. He has this messy black hair that he never combs. In fact, he cares poorly for his hair that he will not even notice if someone cut it all off. His deep-black eyes are the same color as his hair, though, of course, a lot less messy. He grows a slight buzz of facial hair around his mouth. It is not thick enough to be already called a moustache, but already noticeable from afar. This is the only "hair" Gust cares about, since it gives him with a more mature look. He prefers that.

Gust is usually seen wearing a leather tunic, mainly colored brown, but with a hint of red at the sides. It is made of an unknown scale species. Around his wrists, he wore an inch-wide bracer, made mostly of silver. It has an unknown marking etched on it, probably a saying on an unknown language. It is neither an heirloom nor a precious artifact. Gust just picked it up somewhere.

Gust choice for a weapon is a long sword he named "Tempest." Even though weapons were rarely used in the world, as most people nowadays settle things through Pokémon battles, Gust thinks that carrying a sword on his back, with a cool name such as "Tempest," a word almost synonymous to his name, would be cool and mature in other people's eyes. Nevertheless, he is an expert in wielding it. Tempest is simply decorated with a single ruby gem on its handle.

History: Gust's history before arriving in Daath is not known. He is rumored to be the son of an Earth and Wind fonist. However, this was merely a speculation. Gust himself is not parting with this kind of information, saying that 'only Daath matters.' His name is also a part of his new life. He was named differently before, though nobody know what his name was. His past was shrouded in mystery, and Gust is not the kind of person to easily share it.

He arrived in Daath when he was seventeen years old, young to the world and helpless. At that time, he has not yet possessed any Pokémon which is weird for a teen his age. Usually, all people start out at 16 but Gust started late. People in Daath decided to take him in as the town's announcer. When he was 20, one of the people in town gave him a Rufflet to start with. Gust was touched by the townsman's actions. He vowed to do his best. He left Daath at age 20 to train in the nearby areas. During his years of isolation, he learned to be dependent on nature, as it provided him his basic needs. During this course of time, he also learned how to forge steel from a blacksmith mentor, and he forged his longsword, the "Tempest."

He came back to Daath after five years in training. The townspeople were wary of him at first. He changed a lot in that course of time. He was no longer the scrawny public shouter of the town. What they saw was a big man, a man they never knew. But Gust remembers them. He knelt in front of the town people, and pledge his allegiance to the town. He called out both of his Pokémon, a Braviary, who was the Rufflet a man gave him once, and a caught Roserade. The people cheered him. A few days, he was knighted and was given the Knight-name, Lancerose.

After a few years of staying in town, the war erupted. In the years of Gust's stay in Daath, he had been promoted to God-General. Along with five others, Daath had chosen them to undergo an important journey to stop the war. Gust had never been on a pokemon adventure before but, as a knight, he accepted it. He is confident he and his Pokémon are strong enough to stop the war and bring peace to the land.

Personality: As a guy, Gust is a child trapped in a young adult's body, trying to be an adult. It may be hard to understand but once you knew Gust well, you could see that he is in fact a fun-loving guy, with such childish antics. Despite these, he always wanted to be acknowledged as a fully-grown adult.

He is a good guy around people generally younger than him. People love him for his fun-filled attitude. Gust is the epitome of fun in Daath. Well, except the constant attempts to be serious at times.

Gust, on the other hand, as a God-General and a knight, is an able warrior. He may have not yet taken any kind of long journey outside the immediate area surrounding Daath, but he had proven himself in countless skirmishes and warrior-training that he is an able swordsman, and an even better trainer. He battles ruthlessly with his sword and he commands perfect control over his two partners, Squall and Hera. He is serious when it comes to battling tactics, employing eccentric plans and patterns every time. His ideas may never be the best, but it just shows how creative Gust could be.

However, he is not really the 'stick-to-your-decision' type of guy. Gust could be really unpredictable. One moment he may like this, the other moment, not. Gust is not dependable to stay firm on his choices. He is also easily to back out on decisions. When not in battle, Gust tends to favor choices where he can avoid to battle. He's a coward, if we can say, at times. But, as I said, he's got a personality problem. He's a coward, and yet a really reliable soul. On the battlefield.

Pokémon:

- Species: Braviary

- Nickname: Squall

- History/Personality: Squall is Gust's first Pokémon and was given to him by a Daath citizen when he was younger, as a Rufflet. Together with Squall, Gust trained a lot, and also went to improve a lot. Squall did so also, doing intense amounts of training with Squall. He finally evolved on their third year of training.

Squall is simply Gust, made Pokémon. Many of his Rufflet's traits were carried over when he evolved. It seemed like Squall had never quite get it that he is not the small bird anymore, as constantly seen by him always trying to perch on Gust's shoulders, much to his owner's pain. Squall is the most common mode of transport Gust can be seen using.

- Moves: Aerial Ace, Rock Slide, Hone Claws, Shadow Claw

- Species: Roserade

- Nickname: Hera

- (optional) Personality/history: Hera is caught by Gust during his third year of training. Oddly enough, during this battle, Squall managed to evolve to Braviary, while battling Hera, then already a Roserade. Gust saw this as a good opportunity to increase his party size and thus added Hera to his roster.

Hera is the most responsible of the Trainer-Pokémon party. Hera acts much like a high-class lady. However, she has great respects for her trainer.

- Moves: Leech Seed, Sludge Bomb, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Finished. I have a few questions to ask though.

How are god-generals made? I just made up some thing about appointment though I am not entirely sure about that.

Also, are we going to use weapons somewhere in the story, or is it mainly Pokemon?

Lastly, I understand the level limit on moves, but could we teach some TM/HM moves on our Pokemon?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Finished. I have a few questions to ask though.

How are god-generals made? I just made up some thing about appointment though I am not entirely sure about that.

Also, are we going to use weapons somewhere in the story, or is it mainly Pokemon?

Lastly, I understand the level limit on moves, but could we teach some TM/HM moves on our Pokemon?

They are basically knights who have been ranked to the top; (ie. General, Commadant, etc.)

Well, it's mainly pokemon, but, you -could- have weapons as a side option.

And yes, you can; I forgot to add that, actually. ^^;

Years
Here is my SU. I have little confidence in the appearance, as I have never played Tales of Abyss, but did what I could in spite of it.

Just a few questions though.
  • If we catch more than 6 total, what happens to 7 on?
  • How many moves can a Pokemon learn, because people here assume 4, but some other journey RPs I've read allow up to 6?
  • Will we find/earn TMs, or can we just teach them to our pokemon?
Name: Atlus Grind

Appearance: Atlus is 6' tall,with a mild muscular build with a farmers tan. He has thick, straw blonde hair that rairly goes past his eyebrows, and his hair tends to look messy and stick out all over. He perfers wearing a black shirt tucked into thin, baggy blue pants, worn white in the knee area, with a leather belt to hold the pants up. He wears a thin purple scarf with gold colored "fingers" at the end(think Drifblim arms). Along with a backpack, he also has a 3 ft. boomerang which he holds on his belt.

History: He grew up in a family of carpenters, in the town of Daath. they lived comfortablly, yet not luxurious. His first pokemon was a Ralts he found in the woods, injured. He caught it, named it Walter, then nursed it back to health back home.
As he started to battle, he found that he liked battling much more than carpentry, especially if they bet money they could win. Much later, Walter evolved into a Kirlia, and earned Atlus enough money to buy a Shiny Stone to evolve Walter to a form more fitting of a warrior, Gallade. As news of the outside world started to worry people, Atlus saw it as a chance to escape his current life of a carpenter, and joined Knighthood.
He caught a Drifloon shortly after, and trained. His weapon,the boomerang, he made here, useing his knowlege of wood, found something that was light enough to throw, yet hard enough to KO someone with a well aimed hit without breaking. In the off chance of close combat, he was trained to use his boomerang as a bludgion and kick instead. He trust more in his abilities as a trainer more, and shown strategic understanding of battle. He has learned from his losses and grown significantly enough to gain notice, becoming a God-General.

Personality: Atlus is ususally cool headed, or at least acts like nothing is wrong with the world. He is quiet, and rarely starts conversations, unless it is important, or interested in somone. He is very hard to work up, yet may bear a grudge for a very long time if you do manage to make him mad. Not to say he is not competative. He views Pokemon battle as he would a game of Chess, trying to win the advantage with well thought out moves and flexability. He respects those who outwit him, but hates people who try to just bash through with brute force, even if they win. He views Pokemon as tools, like most people of this era, but treats them with respect and cares for them better than he would treat most people. He does so under the pretense that "a tool that isn't taken care of will break," taught throughout his early life from his father. He expects every Pokemon he catches to have some use to him outside of battle, and may avoid one outright because of that way of thinking.

Pokémon:

- Species:Gallade (Walter)
- Personality/history: Walter has lived with Atlus since he turned 16, and understands him more than most people do. Since Atlus nursed him back to health, a bond of trust was seeded, and grown to a trust stronger than steel eversince. Outside of battle, he acts as a butler would, and helps clean up or whatever Atlus ask him to. Because of this, he stands by Atlus outside of the pokeball a majority of the time.

Moveset: (level 1 moves)Leaf Blade, Night slash, (regular level up) Double team, Teleport, Slash, Heal Pulse

- Species: Drifblim (Drifter)
- Personality/history: Drifter was caught prior to joining Knighthood, and evolved only recently. He is very laid back, and doesn't do very much unless it is told, and fairly clumsy. He does make a very comfortable and portable bed, now that he has evolved, so Atlus doesn't mind so much anymore. ;)

Moveset:constrict, Minimize, Gust, Payback, Hex, (Pre-evo)Stockpile, Swallow, Spit up

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years

• If we catch more than 6 total, what happens to 7 on?
I was going to explain later, but, if you have caught 7, the 7th pokemon would be automatically transported to the PC, or a "fon machine box", where it operates like a PC in the same way.

• How many moves can a Pokemon learn, because people here assume 4, but some other journey RPs I've read allow up to 6?
You can have every move that your pokemon is able to learn within the level (as stated in the SU).

• Will we find/earn TMs, or can we just teach them to our pokemon?
You'll find TMs throughout the game and will be able to teach them to your pokemon.

I'll have a look at the finished SUs later.

Wolf in the Rain

BACK???????????
Years
This looks awesome. I loved Vesperia and Symphonia! (Never played Abyss though, waiting to get it for the 3DS :D)

But *cough* anyways, if there are any other spots left, please RSV me as well.I'll have an SU up tomorrow.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Okay, miltankRancher, you're accepted with Gust, and Reader_Maniac, you're accepted with Atlus.

I'll reserve the rest of you that want to join, juuust know that reservations don't necessarily guarantee you a spot~

Tuxedo Clank

So laid back he is horizontal
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2012
Hmmm, I am not sure if I want to join or not. I don't think trying to write for 2 RPs will work out. This looks interesting though. I will definitely read it but I think I will sit out.

Years
Cool, things are picking up since the last time I was here :). I hope we can start soon. I am going to look up Tales of the Abyss so I have a better feel for the story when it comes. Feel free to say anything I need to know so I don't feel so lost.

Back