• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Now?

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2013
    Some years ago me and my cousin were playing TCG's together. We tried a whole bunch of them before settling with Pokemon. We ordered a bunch of decks from some old sets (we went with what we wanted to play back then) then stepping into competitive play we found out about the Rotation Cycle which happened to occur when we finally got good decks. Regardless we adapted by packing up the old stuff and getting new stuff. Events came and went. My cousin got busy with school life and stopped playing in events. Not long after I went to an event, the results there left me feeling horrible. Don't get me wrong I'm not usually a bad sport but losing roughly 4 times out of 5 can leave you feeling bad. Anyways so after that I packed up what was "current" and left the game alone. But I guess with the advent of 6th gen I'm wondering if I should give it a try once more. Which brings me to the real point of this thread (sorry :/ I had to explain things its how I work) what sets are in rotation right now? All my stuff is roughly Heart Gold to about the third Black and White set (I remember something about Victini). Also how do Team Plasma cards work? What's the meta now? And finally how should I go about getting back into it?

OK scratch some questions. I was able to go to some sites and solve them. So now I just need to know what's the meta-game like? And how do team plasma decks work?

Last edited:
    Years
  • The metagame is apparently very non-competitive right now because of some broken Team Plasma cards that came out recently. Supposedly. I haven't been able to go to my league in about a month (basically was last there before the release of Plasma Freeze), so I'm only going off of what I've been hearing has changed. Personally, I would run an anti-metagame deck.

Team Plasma cards work basically like any other card would, except when it pertains to any effects on cards that specify "Team Plasma". Team Plasma cards are indicated by the blue borders they have on the front. As more cards come out, it seems to be a very broken engine, much like the SP cards from a few years ago. Unfortunately, it's not very balanced because of the card Pokemon Catcher, which is basically Gust of Wind from the original Base Set with a new name. I'd wait until the likely format-rotation in August before jumping into competitive play fully.

That said, if you're not playing competitively, you would probably have more fun, as players might get bored and try new things. The only major open-entry tournament left in this play season is Nationals, though.

Back