• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
If Mewtwo and Mew aren't high chance that this one won't either. If Mewtwo form, then we definitely can't use. If related then it would depend on how they make him. If he is as I think, another download/Event Legendary, then nope. He could be our new Victini after all.

But isn't the concept of a mirage Pokemon like Victini is that they had to have a cute appearance. This new Pokemon has a serious/intimidating appearance that's more suited as either one of three extra event legendaries or a Heatran/Regigigas/Cressilia type of legendary.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
It could very well be a special Event that only occurs if you have Mewtwo/Mew leading your party, battling it. There would have to be a great story, too. Kind of like Sinjoh Ruins, if you will.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I just think it's a new forme with maybe a new typing? I mean that'd sorta be like a new Pokemon kinda?? :(

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just think it's a new forme with maybe a new typing? I mean that'd sorta be like a new Pokemon kinda?? :(
I don't see how it can be anything other than Psychic. Except Dark, mebbe. But if it's a Forme (which is still my guess), it could be a dual-type with Psychic and something else (Psychic/Dark?).

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I see it as being Pure Psychic like the rest.

Around what time do you think all the mysteries will be told? or do you think GF will save most of the them for when the games actually come out aka for us the player to discover them.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
But isn't the concept of a mirage Pokemon like Victini is that they had to have a cute appearance. This new Pokemon has a serious/intimidating appearance that's more suited as either one of three extra event legendaries or a Heatran/Regigigas/Cressilia type of legendary.

No where near what I meant. Victini was the first Legendary Give Away of Black and White. The New Mew thing is the first Legendary event of X and Y. Its the Gen 6 Victini in that way. Not once did I say it was to be a Mirage Legend. If I wanted to say that I would have listed all of the Mirage Legends, though to me it makes no sense for it to be a Mirage since its possibly another Mew Clone so it would have more than 600 Base power or its stat distribution won't be flat 100s.

Guy

just a guy
Years
If anything, I'm willing to bet that if you download the Unnerve Mewtwo being given away as promotion for the upcoming movie and transfer it into your copy of X or Y from B/W/B2/W2, then you can unlock and find the hidden Newtwo in the games. Or if it's a new form, then be able to have access to said form. This would be something similar to the Arceus event for DPPt > HG/SS and the Shiny Beasts Trio event for DPPt/HGSS > B/W before.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
If anything, I'm willing to bet that if you download the Unnerve Mewtwo being given away as promotion for the upcoming movie and transfer it into your copy of X or Y from B/W/B2/W2, then you can unlock and find the hidden Newtwo in the games. Or if it's a new form, then be able to have access to said form. This would be something similar to the Arceus event for DPPt > HG/SS and the Shiny Beasts Trio event for DPPt/HGSS > B/W before.
Bing, I think you're onto something.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think that's the most likely way to get this new forme if it is a forme. I mean why else would they release it now in the Unova games when there's a much newer Mewtwo to come :(

Also, a little unrelated but I wanted to add in that I was watching the news which showed London and I was like, damn, that's totally X/Y! Or at least I saw an X/Y version in my head lool.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If it's the hidden ability Mewtwo, than may this new forme have a different ability? Perhaps it won't keep unnerve and gain something else sort of like the Kami Radar trio when turned back to their normal formes, they have their hidden abilities.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I feel like it should be mentioned that it is now after 8am April 10th in japan. CoroCoro leaks are expected anytime after now for the next 5 days. I doubt we're getting anything new, but hope for at least the name of Majin Mew.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I think the DNA Splicer will factor into NewMew. The item has to be in the new games for Kyurem to change forms, so they might as well add new pokemon to interact with the DNA Splicers.

And people seem to think XY is genetic themed. DNA Splicers and the Mew Family would reinforce this.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I dunno if they even will give us more info on NewMew, I have the feeling they will hold it back for a while.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Is there an explanation?

Cyclone

All news reports following a big release for X and Y have little to nothing new info wise. On original release, all they added were starter type confirmations and legends' names. Sylveon comes out and Smash reveals less info than CoroCoro. Big mewtwo info just released. Why update the site only to reupdate it a little over a week later? CoroCoro is probably going to mirror the main sites. Repeat the "new pokemon" thing, show majin mew, a few of the 3d clips, give no extra info and repeat movie posters.

I hope we get more info on it and Sylveon like everyone else. Most info presented says its not very likely though.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I don't think they will tell anymore about NewMew until the movie comes out. They reveled this Pokemon at this time to promote the movie. They want you to see the movie to learn the name and story of NewMew.

They should just tell us Slyveon's Type already. It must be Flying... Normal... Pink TYPE?

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2022
this image really made me tought of the possibility of the new mew being a fusion

defaultwn.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back