• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Color Swap?

Years
Didn't see a topic on the first page for his so I apologize if I missed it or something. But I'm pretty pissed that White 2 will get Reshiram and Black 2 will get Zekrom. I got White the first time around and was in no way able to get Mandibuzz (or Reshiram for that matter due to ridiculous GTS askings).

Now if I want Reshiram I have to get White again, go through White Forest again. I'll be able to get Mandibuzz this time through GTS, but I can't do Black City or get the cool aesthetic changes of Black. It's not so much that they're switching back to colors that actually match, but rather colors that didn't match in the first place, forcing me to buy White twice.

So I guess with B/W being how they were, do you agree with the switch back to matching colors?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Didn't see a topic on the first page for his so I apologize if I missed it or something. But I'm pretty pissed that White 2 will get Reshiram and Black 2 will get Zekrom. I got White the first time around and was in no way able to get Mandibuzz (or Reshiram for that matter due to ridiculous GTS askings).

Now if I want Reshiram I have to get White again, go through White Forest again. I'll be able to get Mandibuzz this time through GTS, but I can't do Black City or get the cool aesthetic changes of Black. It's not so much that they're switching back to colors that actually match, but rather colors that didn't match in the first place, forcing me to buy White twice.

So I guess with B/W being how they were, do you agree with the switch back to matching colors?

Yes, I do agree with it because it is related to the story being told.

I'm actually a bit confused by your post because you said you'll have to "get White again". These games are direct sequels, not 3rd version remakes like Platinum, so whether you get Black 2 or White 2, you won't be playing the same game again.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I read there IS a way to switch between Black City and White Forest regardless of which game you have, but you'll have to beat the game first and mix records with someone who has the opposite version of yours. (Again, not entirely sure about that, but I've read that somewhere.)

But you really should look at the story of both Black/White and Black 2/White 2 to understand why they did that. If you buy Black and Black 2, you'll have all 3 dragons and the same if you buy White and White 2. They specifically switched it so that players could get the dragon they couldn't in the previous games. So you should actually be happy the Reshiram is in White 2 if you have White. But no, White 2 is not a remake of White, so you aren't buying White twice.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Yeah, voicerockers right, its not really buying white again, its a sequel.

And I think the color swap is good, because if you get black and black 2, you get all of the legendaries. (well, the main ones) But about Mandibuzz, and other version exclusives, are they swapped too? Or are Braviarys still white only, and mandibuzz black only?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Doesn't really affect me as I'll end up having both, and can already trade with myself. lol But the color swap doesn't really bother me personally. I think it looks nice the way it is. And btw, there's a lovely Trade Corner here that would be better than the crappy GTS. You can easily get a Vullaby or Mandibuzz there.

Years
Yes, I do agree with it because it is related to the story being told.

I'm actually a bit confused by your post because you said you'll have to "get White again". These games are direct sequels, not 3rd version remakes like Platinum, so whether you get Black 2 or White 2, you won't be playing the same game again.

Also, I'm not entirely sure, but I read there IS a way to switch between Black City and White Forest regardless of which game you have, but you'll have to beat the game first and mix records with someone who has the opposite version of yours. (Again, not entirely sure about that, but I've read that somewhere.)

But you really should look at the story of both Black/White and Black 2/White 2 to understand why they did that. If you buy Black and Black 2, you'll have all 3 dragons and the same if you buy White and White 2. They specifically switched it so that players could get the dragon they couldn't in the previous games. So you should actually be happy the Reshiram is in White 2 if you have White. But no, White 2 is not a remake of White, so you aren't buying White twice.
Thanks for clarification. I'm just being stubborn I guess, I mean I haven't researched too much into the new games or the stories behind them, which is my fault. But from what I could tell at least, White and White 2 would have the same version exclusives unavailable in Black and Black 2. If you could somehow mix records or whatever for stuff like Black City, that'd be pretty cool. I guess what I'm trying to argue was the reason for switching the colors in the first games, and making things inconsistent, especially since playing the game didn't necessarily reveal the logic behind it. But if there is a story behind it, I should probably check that out before I argue haha.

Back