• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

JollyRoger25

Dark Type Master
Years
Aggg, yet another road block, I am at the point were you battle your rival for the first time in the prof.'s lab, and I can't seem to figure out how to imput his data as a trainer, I know were, just don't know how, I read the Notes.html, still can't get it. If some one can give it to me step by step, that would be great.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
I still have a question to ask, how do you guys manage to make shiny wild pokemon event? I tried to test the shiny event following the instructions in note.html but got this error:
Code:
Exception: SyntaxError
(eval):2: syntax error
(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
                          ^
Interpreter:238:in `pbExecuteScript'
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Interpreter:190:in `update'
Interpreter:104:in `loop'
Interpreter:195:in `update'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

partyghoul2000

Intermediate Game Designer
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Aggg, yet another road block, I am at the point were you battle your rival for the first time in the prof.'s lab, and I can't seem to figure out how to imput his data as a trainer, I know were, just don't know how, I read the Notes.html, still can't get it. If some one can give it to me step by step, that would be great.

first off, your sig is way too big. it needs to be resized. now about inputting his trainer information, first off, if you haven't downloaded the latest version of the starter kit, please do so. it would make things so much easier for you considering poccil added a new trainer data menu within the debug/editor menu for easier trainer management. ok, now that you've got the lastest sk, go to the trainer data menu i mentioned before. go to [NEW TRAINER BATTLE] and define the type of trainer it is, enter their name and define what pokemon that trainer has. afterwards, your newly entered trainer will now appear on the menu. you can go to that trainer and edit various bits of data besides what you entered in already. i believe it's just items. but anyways, now that you've done that you're ready to enter the script and whatnot under the trainer event on the map. here's what a basic trainer event looks like:

Name: Trainer(X) Page: 1

Script: pbTrainerIntro(YOUNGSTER)
Script: Kernel.pbNoticePlayer(get_character(0))
Text: I just got my first pokemon. Let's battle!
Conditional Branch: Script: pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::YOUNGSTER,"Rick",_I("I have training to do."),false,0)
Control Self Switch: A =ON

: Branch End
Script: pbTrainerEnd

Name: Trainer(X) Page: 2 Self Switch: A is ON

Text: I've got some training to do.

you should be able to get the gist of what all that means within the notes.html under Behind the Scenes in the Trainers area. now in order to link this script to the data you entered in earlier, just change the name and type accordling. i haven't tried this personally, but it should work out perfectly.

I still have a question to ask, how do you guys manage to make shiny wild pokemon event? I tried to test the shiny event following the instructions in note.html but got this error:
Code:
(::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
                          ^
Interpreter:1615:in `eval'
Interpreter:1615:in `command_355'
Interpreter:467:in `execute_command'
Scene_Map:100:in `update'
Scene_Map:98:in `loop'

did you insert the following code into a new script entry within the ruby script editor?
Code:
Events.onWildPokemonCreate+=proc {|sender,e|
  pokemon=e[0]
  if $game_switches[50]
    pokemon.makeShiny
  end
}
remember it has to be a new entry, not an existing one. also make sure you have switch 50 turned on before the battle and switched off after battle to insure that pokemon aren't always shiny.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
The script should read:
Code:
pbWildBattle(
::PBSpecies::GYARADOS,30,1)
Note the parenthesis at the end of the first line.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
I am getting this error when I walk onto a connected map with different music:

Exception: ArgumentError
Game_Map*1:99:in `pbCueBGM'
Game_Map*1:99:in `autoplayAsCue'
PokemonField*:1139:in `pbAutoplayOnTransition'
PokemonMap*:780:in `setCurrentMap'
Game_Map*1:290:in `update'
Scene_Map*:34:in `updateMaps'
Scene_Map*:33:in `each'
Scene_Map*:33:in `updateMaps'
Scene_Map*:99:in `update'
Scene_Map*:98:in `loop'

How can I fix this? I've never had this problem until recently (perhaps something missed in the newer version).

EDIT: Never mind, I seemed to have fixed it ^_^

Last edited:

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
something i've noticed just now, is that when pokemon hatch from eggs it's the natural level 5 found in the advance games. im curious as to where the script is to change this to DP's natural level 1. i tried searching for it, but i came up with alot of results. >_>

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 24, 2011
Is it just me or can you not make trainer events with just comments anymore?

you haven't been able to make trainer events with just comments in a long time, (the last time i updated my game was 6 months ago, and i can't make trainer events with just comments) i don't think you really ever could, you need the condition branch as well.

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
you haven't been able to make trainer events with just comments in a long time, (the last time i updated my game was 6 months ago, and i can't make trainer events with just comments) i don't think you really ever could, you need the condition branch as well.

Really? The first release I got was dated July 1, 2008, and I was able to make trainers with just comments. :^S

Years
  • Seen Jan 19, 2011
How do I make connected maps?
I looked through the Notes and couldn't find an explanation.

partyghoul2000

Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 24, 2014
Really? The first release I got was dated July 1, 2008, and I was able to make trainers with just comments. :^S

so im not the only one who's noticed this...

How do I make connected maps?
I looked through the Notes and couldn't find an explanation.

well, make your maps. go to the debug/editor menu and go to visual editor. use the gui to put your maps together. F5 will tell you what buttons do what.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 27, 2021
I get this Error when starting doing a partner two on two battle:

ENDAN,"BRENDAN",0)
^
ENDAN,"BRENDAN",0)
^
Interpreter:1614:in `eval'
Interpreter:1614:in `command_355'
Interpreter:466:in `execute_command'
Scene_Map:99:in `update'
Scene_Map:97:in `loop'

Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2009
It's funny seeing the word "eval" next to that cute Teddiursa X^)

Anyway, are you calling the script with a Call Script command or a Conditional Branch? The Call Script command will cut it off, so try placing it in the script section on the fourth page of the Conditional Branch.

Atomic Reactor

That's all i got. i just noticed that it was missing.
Good luck on fixing it lol :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back