• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] The Hoenn Diaries (M) (OOC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Kanea, that should be okay but be aware that I'm submitting the IC now.
I am really loving all your characters I can't wait to see them play out in the IC :D

Scyke will have the information for starters posted soon also, so don't panic if the IC goes up before the starter info.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Wonder how long it will take for the IC to be approved...

It will be interesting to see how the characters interact... obviously all the traditional "I wanna be the very best" people will be constantly in each other's way (as they all want to be the best).

Also anyone want to travel together for more interacting instead of everyone splitting up?

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
Years
@Everyone who has been accepted so far - here are your starters' moves and abilities.

Gimmiepie:
610.gif

Axew
Mold Breaker
Scratch, Leer, Dual Chop

Heretostay:
240.gif

Magby
Vital Spirit
Smog, Flame Charge, Smokescreen

Jegretis:
390.gif

Chimchar
Blaze
Scratch, Bulk Up, Ember

Genevieve:
037.gif

Vulpix
Flash Fire
Quick Attack, Tail Whip, Ember

Stingray:
280.gif

Ralts
Trace
Calm Mind, Confusion, Magical Leaf

Duncey:
236.gif

Tyrogue
Guts
Tackle, Bulk Up, Rock Smash

Crushgaunt:
246.gif

Larvitar
Guts
Bite, Leer, Rock Polish

EDIT: @Stingray - Yeah, can't wait to see how everyone plays out their character and how these personalities clash against each other! Really excited for this RP and hopefully it'll go really successfully.

About travelling together however, I can see how the premise can be pleasing and it would be awesome but through my experience on the RPC I wouldn't really recommended it; I mean, temporary company with another rper is fine, but if you want something more permanent I'm just worried that if one of the company suddenly goe inactive, because real life can throw anything at anyone, how would you explain that in the rp? It could leave others at a sticky situation, and forcing them to either quit or come up with something drastic. Just something to think about, I mean if you really want to then I won't stop you but do give it a serious thought.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
So looking forward to this! All the Pokémon look pretty good too! :D

Years
Glad to see you, and everyone else, is so enthusiastic Duncey. We are currently waiting on the IC (and everyone else to complete their SUs). Once the IC is up I will post the information for the chapter and then the RP will finally be able to begin.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Mrraorrrr I can probably have time to finish the SU tomorrow! I just have some trouble finding time to get onto the computer and log onto PC at all, and I gotta take care of some mod stuff before I allow myself to write or RP. Durr durr. :3

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
Haha. Obviously Blaine will be the best! I paraphrased like half the theme song! But legit, I see him arguing with everybody at some point. And defending them at others. And also eating with them. Point is, there will be a lot of different opportunities. I'm open to traveling with anybody if they want!

In regards to Apollo the Magby...NO SLEEPING ON THIS JOURNEY! AH YEH!

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
Can't wait to see how everyone will react to Nylea, teen mom on a journey who doesn't trust males easily. Will be very fun to play.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
As promised, here it is. Better late than never, right? Lemme know if it's alright or if it needs changes.

Full Name: Carl Bizarro
Appearance: Carl is shorter than average and skinny. His head looks somewhat big thanks to his hair, which is brown, long, and styled like one of the Beatles. He is quite light, and even his best friend Felicity could lift him in the air with no problem at all. His eyes are dark brown and he appears to be growing a moustache. Carl wears a pair small, square glasses to aid his eyesight, which Felicity calls 'granny glasses' mocking him in a friendly, harmless way.
His usual outfit consists of a light blue shirt with a square pattern that he tucks into his beige pants. He wears black shoes that he likes to keep shiny, and some white socks that can't be seen normally. When it gets cold he puts a black striped coat and a red scarf. The whole mix of colours make him look somewhat flamboyant. He doesn't have a sense of fashion or trendy clothes, since for all his life Felicity has picked the clothes for him.

Personality:
Carl has a huge hunger for knowledge and can't help it. He loves learning new things, and knows a lot about Pokémon, attacks, abilities, and compatibilities. He could easily be a renowned Professor's assistant, or even make a big breakthrough in the field of Pokémon Research; however, he wants nothing to do with that. His passion is Pokémon Training, and looks forward to becoming a very powerful Trainer with his vast knowledge. However, while he is skilled at the 'theoretical side of life', it's not easy to put most of all he knows into practice. He can get too analytic and over-think, which usually blocks his brain and leaves his mind blank.

Carl is also quite shy, as a result of many people disliking him at first sight because of being a 'nerd' and a 'brainiac'. In spite of his, he has managed to grow close to certain people. He treasures the ones who befriend him, and is willing to do anything to please them. This may sound nice, but it was a few drawbacks: he may end up opening up to untrustworthy people, and he will worry too much if one of his friends is in distress. In the same way as when he gets overly-analytic, his brain tends to block and will usually lead to irrational acts from his side.

Goal: Become an Elite Four trainer.

Brief History: Carl Bizarro was born with a gift: a huge hunger for knowledge and an ability to learn things very easily. His gift drew the attention of a crazy person who went by the name of Zero. Zero, a former Team Rocket scientist who had gone insane since his departure from the syndicate, had set up a base in an old, abandoned laboratory near Lavender Town. Having heard of the boy's talent via rumors, he decided that he would be perfect for his new crew and snatched him away from his home when he was 5 years old. He was taken to Zero's lair, and was teamed up with a girl named Felicity, who, at age six, was showing great battling skills.

Carl and Felicity were the only captives of Zero at that point, with the scientist being unable of finding more kids that would serve him. While the mad scientist was gone, Felicity talked to her partner about running away where 'that loon' couldn't catch them. As years went by, Carl had gained a great deal of knowledge about Pokémon and physics, while Felicity grew stronger. The scientist had not made any great plans, instead hanging around the lair and leaving occasionally to (unsuccessfully) try to recruit more people. Both kids used his absence to plan an escape. The fateful day eventually came when Zero returned to his lair only to find it in complete ruins, with absolutely no trace of the kids. What was more; he was arrested by the Lavender Police and later sent to an asylum.

The two kids wandered the region as if they were one, and grew closer than they had ever been. Felicity even obtained two tickets to a cruise that would take them to the Hoenn region, and decided to start anew there. However, trouble erupted almost as soon as they arrived: as Carl was harassed by thugs and wild Pokémon and was helpless due to his lack of Pokémon While Felicity had some basic knowledge about Pokémon, Carl had not achieved any battling skills (or Pokémon) during their journey for that matter. To get him started, she gave him a Weedle she had caught while in Kanto but had never used.

After many days in the Hoenn region, both Felicity and Carl had reached Lavaridge Town. There, Felicity decided to start the Gym Challenge and challenge the Pokémon League. She thought that Carl should learn from battles the same way she had learned before being abducted: by battling solo. That meant parting ways with him for the time being, however, she would tell them after their relaxation holiday at the springs was over.

Chosen Starter: Weedle
Other: Some people mistake him for Felicity's boyfriend, which will make him slightly nervous even though he appears to have no romantic feelings for her.

Years
@Fizzy (can I call you fizzy?) - You're accepted.

Here's the info for your starter (hope you don't mind Scyke, but there's not much thought required for a Weedle anyway xD)

13.png

Ability: Shield Dust
- Electro Web
- String Shot
- Poison Sting

Edit: Scyke and I are also going to recommend that your posts contain headers keeping track of your characters team and stored pokemon (perhaps gadgets for Hark if you think it is needed Stingray). In Journey's Through Novia, my last journey RP, we used this system

Character Name - Chapter Number - Part Number (ie. Part 1)

Character's Team
Spoiler:

Stored Pokemon
Spoiler:

You don't have to use this kind of header so long as you have something in your posts formatting that allows us to keep track of your team. If you don't know any CSS at all, you can find the appropriate coding by quoting this post.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Completely reworked the character. Here you go, hope it's okay. I think she'll be loads of fun to write about.

xfgdfd_zps163ca9a2.png

where to draw
t h e L I N E

Full Name: Dava Lalonde

Chosen starter:
239.png

Elekid named Prince.

Appearance: At 175 cm, Dava stands as a tall, slim teenager with intensively pink eyes that can really capture your gaze (you can pretend it's lenses if you want to go with a realistic world) and pale, fine skin that is well taken care of. Her hair is very brightly blonde and cut in a curly style just above her shoulders. Normally, she'd wear nothing but cute dresses, but on this journey, she dons a v-necked white t-shirt with half-long sleeves under a black canvas vest with four pockets on the front and a big collar. The t-shirt is very long and loose, with a wide, pink belt on which magnetic things sit where pokéballs can be fastened and retrieved by the click of a button. Underneath that, she wears gray, very slim jeans and white boots with pink laces. A purple, long scarf is often wrapped around her neck, though she sometimes takes it off since Hoenn is rather warm in daytime.

Personality:
Clever and feminine, Dava has always done the most out of being a young woman. If she can woe a boy into getting what she wants, she'll do it. She has a tendency to dislike other women or girls, if they seem more beautiful or stronger mentally than she is. At least if they don't prove to be helpful or useful to her.

She is well mannered and well spoken, but has her fair share of sarcastic comments to give if she feels the timing is right. While she usually don't have problems making friends, some people might get intimidated by her way of speaking and moving - she behaves as if she is sure that she is the most beautiful and clever person in the vicinity.

Dirt, nature and wild pokémon bother her a lot. It won't take long for her to somewhat regret accepting this challenge. She scares easily if she believes a wild pokémon is close, especially if it's a dangerous, big or ugly looking one. She can also become very irritated and easily angered if she feels dirty or uncomfortable with anything. Life should be comfortable!

Even though she is clever enough to know when to say no or yes to temptations, she will likely accept most rational challenges, especially if she is in the irritated state mentioned above. The state that is triggered by her either being dirty, scared or otherwise uncomfortable. She is proud, after all, and walking away from challenges makes you weak rather than smart. Can't be weak and smart. Better to be strong and smart.

Goal: To best her sister, Dani, and beat all the gyms before Dani comes up in the top round in all the contests. Also to collect more pokémon species than Dani does along her journey.

Brief History: Dava and her twin sister Dani grew up with their father and aunt on the outskirts of Lavaridge Town. Their mother went away when they were only pre-schoolers, to work in distant lands with her area of specialty. She is some kind of pokémon professor, is all the sisters really know, but they've always been told that she loves them still and will come back one day.

Their father's name is Emilio Lalonde, and his sister is named Emma. Emma used to live in an apartment downtown, but moved in with her relatives in their house a couple of years ago. As blooming teenagers, Dava and her sister appreciated having a woman in the house to teach them about life when Emilio felt at loss. Especially Dava. She was always the more feminine and devious of the two, while Dani turned out to be more of a cheerful tomboy. When Dava dressed in dresses and used make up and dreamed of cute boys, Dani played games and watched sports with her guy friends and searched for wild pokémon in the forest for fun.

The sisters argued and disagreed more and more the older they got, and on their 16th birthday, they had had enough. Dani said that Dava would never survive out on the road and could never handle training a pokémon, while Dava countered with saying Dani was too ugly to ever be allowed to enter a contest hall or even put on a dress without offending the tailor. A challenge was made, much to Emilio's chagrin and despite Emma's "please" and "don't"s.

When their aunt moved in with them, just as they became teenagers, she gifted each one of them with a pokémon. Dava got a wonderful Mareep which she named Princess, and Dani got a cool Elekid which she named Prince just to match the other. Emma revealed to her brother, but not to her nieces, that these pokémon were actually sent from their mother, far away in the Johto region. There was also a letter, asking Emma to move in with her daughters and take care of them, since she wouldn't be back in Hoenn for a while yet.

So now, Dava faces a trainer's journey ahead of her, while Dani wants to show her sister that she can be pretty too, by dressing up and preparing to collect pokémon and become a master of contests. To further prove that Dava stands no chance with a "real" pokémon, Dani made them switch their pokémon around. Dava will go with the tough Prince, while Dani has to take care of the careful Princess. Dava didn't think, she just accepted it to not seem weak. But she will miss Princess a lot, and she is not sure that Prince will listen to her at all...

Other: Character theme music! Likely to change, as I can't decide, and as the character develops throughout the RP. Because believe me, she will develop ;)

Years
You are accepted. We have such an interesting mix of characters in this RP!

Edit: I should add them music to Aya xD

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Nice! Also, I stalked you and I like Stingray's idea of putting the chapter up here so that we can prepare our posts. Because we're eager ;););)
EDIT: okay now I read your reply too. Haha, sorry. You stick to your planning, oh masters of game.

Years
Woo! I have stalkers!

On that note though, if Scyke agrees; I'll post the information for the first chapter tomorrow in here under these provisos
1. The IC isn't up yet and
2. Nobody posts in the IC until the chapter information has been posted in their also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back