• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Addware

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
Just about everytime I click to edit one of my posts it won't let me, and takes me to some other website. I think it's that this forum has too much addware. That needs to be taken care of.

usami

biohazard
Years
  • Age 33
  • Iowa
  • Seen Oct 5, 2021
Are you sure it's the site? It could very well be your computer.
I haven't had any problems editing posts.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
cause you don't get addware on your computer you get it from sites, only way you could get addware from your computer would be if it was made with a lot of problems, and that would be impossible

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I think it's your computer glitching up as there never were any reports of this.

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
I have not had problems editing posts, are you sure that you didn't download something that is making things pop up?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Aren't you sure you got it somewhere else? Because you seem to be the only on with that problem o.o

Try running a virus scan, but I'm sure it's not the site's fault or everybody else would have got it too.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
are you sure I'm the only one, there's tons of members on this site, that this could be happening to

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I'm sure that:

-No staff member would install an automatic adware installer.
-If it was, it would have infected everyone, and you are the only person who posted in this page who seems to be.
-If more people were infected, we would have got more threads about this. Lots more.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
ok, if your really sure about this, I won't say anymore, cause I'm afaird if I keep on saying anything I'll get in trouble again

Rukario

Banned
Years
I can assure that there is NO adware or viruses on any PC pages. All files are properly scanned before uploading and again scanned regularly by the server itself. If you are getting any 'popups' or adware while visiting PC, it has to be from your end.

Now with that said, can you give us a link or 2 where this is happening and do a screenshot of it and post it.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
How many anti-virus programs do you have? I usually keep 2 on, maybe 3.

Konekodemon

Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
I forgot, what it was I'll put it in once it pops up again, something about a Pokemon Online game where it says you need to install Zango to use it

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
I thought we got rid of that! DO NOT INSTALL IT! It is a virus begging to happen.

dragpyre

The Brother's Fight For Hell
Years
it could be tied in with that internet explorer security hole

in which case, go to windows update and download the new update, released 17th december.

Rukario, i suggest checking the server for any unusual activity along it

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
You do know that there are two Rukario's. I am guessing the admin one, but still- no more of that game...

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
There are a lot of stuff that comes on when you download stuff. They create add-ons to your browser which will pop up adds when linking to places. It most likely is not PC's fault.

Post Office Buddy

Trapped inside this Octavarium
Years
You might also want to check your registry to make sure that it isn't corrupted. A corrupted registry makes it easier for addware and viruses to infect your computer, no matter how well it was built or whatever. Also, may I ask what OS you are using? Also, what virus scan software you use?

Back