• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some interesting information regarding Arceus

Years
  • Okay so I was reading through some alchemical theories online (Alchemy is a fancy word for outdated science btw.) and I discovered something I thought was worth making a thread over. It seems Arceus came from an alchemical theory known as The Archaeus. The name is very similar and Arceus does have some of the characteristics of the theory.

NOT ADVERTISING

Take a look at this guys, you have to scroll down a little though to see it.

http://www.alchemylab.com/alchemical_theory.htm

For those who are too lazy to click the link I'll post the info below. But it will make more sense if you read the info before The Archaeus on the website.

The Archaeus

During a person's life, there is present a finely diffused form of matter, a vapor filling not merely every part of his physical body but actually stored in some parts; a matter constantly renewed by the vital chemistry; a matter as easily disposed of as the breath, once the breath has served its purpose.

Paracelsus (<-Alchemic theorist) named this First Matter of life the Archaeus, meaning the oldest principle. "The Archaeus is an essence that is equally distributed in all parts of the human body," he wrote.

"The Spiritus Vitae (Spirit of Life) (Jewel of Life?) takes its origin from the Spiritus Mundi (Spirit of the Universe). Being an emanation of the latter, the Archaeus contains the elements of all cosmic influences and is therefore the cause by which the action of the cosmic forces act upon the body."

Pretty interesting stuff. Looks like Uxie, Mesprit and the other spirit whose name escapes me technically came from this theory too.

Taken from Bulbapedia: "Arceus is also known as "The Original One" as it is said that it created Sinnoh, and possibly the entire Pokémon universe, along with the lake guardians and creation trio."

Last edited:

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
    Years
  • Nice info..
    Who knows maybe you are right about this.

Btw, are you interested in Alchemy and its history??

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    JXbN2.gif

I would argue that this is a coincidence though; not that they're not related, but I feel like they stem from the same source. Archaeus can come from "arcanus" and "archaic", which combined create "ancient mystery" basically. And those are both listed as name origins for Arceus. I think the similarity stems not from Arceus being based on Archaeus, but from both names being based on the same older terms.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
  • JXbN2.gif

I would argue that this is a coincidence though; not that they're not related, but I feel like they stem from the same source. Archaeus can come from "arcanus" and "archaic", which combined create "ancient mystery" basically. And those are both listed as name origins for Arceus. I think the similarity stems not from Arceus being based on Archaeus, but from both names being based on the same older terms.

So Arceus may not have come from the word Archaeus, but they still stem from the same idea and words...maybe we're on to something here...and if Arceus was based from these concept I would just like to say, "clever gamefreak".

Nice Ponies by the way

Back