• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How was 2013 Gaming for you?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Since we're going towards the next year now, I thought we could look back upon the year as a whole and see how it has been in terms of gaming for you. So, generally speaking, what did you think of the video game line up for 2013? Was it better than say, other years?

Feel free to discuss any thoughts~

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • My year's been fantastic in terms of gaming, definitely better than the last couple. My 3DS collection grew a lot thanks to Fire Emblem, Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei IV, and Rune Factory 4, all of which were fantastic (especially Fire Emblem and Rune Factory).

In terms of console entertainment, for the most part it was lackluster. I can pretty much count all of the non-PS+ games I got this year on my hand, and all of the 360 games I bought were older games (Persona 4 Arena, Nier, and...something else). There was also Dark Arisen, though I still haven't taken the time to explore it since I spent a lot of time playing Dragon's Dogma early in the year. On the PS3, I got Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 this year. My brother got The Last of Us, though I only played the beginning (not because I didn't like it, just because the rest didn't happen. I liked a lot of things about the game.)

My Vita library's mostly the same size, and until I get my 16 GB card I can't really take advantage of all of the games in my PS+ library.

My Wii got no new games, but I ended up playing it a lot. When I got to school, I started playing and watching Inazuma Eleven. My roommates saw it and they got interested, so we basically started playing Inazuma Eleven Strikers as an everyday ritual. It was fun, though it was played on Dolphin.

PC this year probably got the most use, thanks to Bioshock Infinite, Spelunky, and the flurry of sales and indie games this year. Not to mention Touhou 13.5 and 14 were released this year.

As for the Wii U, which I got this Christmas, I'm currently undecided on. I currently have Wind Waker, SM3DW, and I ordered Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, so I'm enjoying it. Wii Sports Club is fun too, and even though I'm not an online type of person, I think the ease, speed, and convenience of the online in Wii Sports Club and the relevance to the games for which they're available make them pretty attractive. I also bought Earthbound and Mega Man X, so I can't wait to play those.

...So yeah, pretty good year in review.

Years
  • Eh. I don't think I've gotten any 2013 games so far other than Pokemon Y. (I did get a few 3DS games this year - Super Mario 3D Land and a bunch of demos, Virtual Console games, and VVVVVV online, but none of those besides the demos were from 2013.) Neither of the new Zeldas really appeals to me; I find the franchise to repeat itself enough already. I may pick up Sonic Lost World, but more likely I'll just wait for Blue Thunder or whatever the next one's called. Maybe I'll get Fire Emblem.

Warrior Rapter

Dinosaur Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • 2013 for me was a bit lackluster, partly because with the move and several other personal things there were going on, I think I can pretty much count the total number of games, not just new ones, that I got this year on one hand (not including free computer games). That being said, the games I did get I've enjoyed playing, and part of me wishes I could be with the crew of you guys in X and Y, or at least the 3DS PMD game, but to say I'm overall upset would be about half and half. Really, getting into Pokemon TCG Online more, getting Diablo 3 for the 360, and trying out a few of the free steam games has made me feel like this year maybe hasn't been so bad.

TY

2013... the year i became PC's SC2 champion... best year so far :D
    Didnt get much 2013 games though xD

ElGuapoAssassin

Lord Of Dragons
    Years
  • A lot of the new games this year were a huge disappointment imo. I played a lot of good older ones but the new ones just lacked something, probably because the next gen's were coming out and they didn't put a lot into them.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Eh, it was decent. I went on random gaming spurts, where I would not buy games for moths then buy like 10 games and binge play for a couple of months. For games like GTA V, COD Ghosts, and Pokemon X, I would literally play for over 24 hours straight.

My favorite games of the year:
    Pokemon X
    DC Scribblenauts: A DC Comic Adventure
    Grand Theft Auto V
    Batman: Arkham Origins
    Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Games I wish I would've Purchased:
    Gears of War: Judgement
    Battlefield 4
    Assassin's Creed IV
    LEGO Marvel

Back