• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Amber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alomar

Follow me on Twitter @Daubs
Years
  • Pokemon Amber Version
    In the Region of Eora, a new adventure is about to unfold!

Hack Information
    Name: Pokemon Amber
    Base Rom: Pokemon Emerald
    Language: English

Who am I?
    I'm posting this to save time replying to people because I just joined PC. I'm not the type to post on a forum but I've been a constant lurker here for a few years. I've picked up bits and pieces how to make a successful hack since then and now I believe i'm ready to go public and bring you guys some excitement, so here we go.

Storyline:
    You are child of mysterious father who throughout your lifetime has rarely been in your life. You grew up without his parenting and just your mothers. Ever since you can remember he has been gone for years; vanished perhaps on an "expedition" years ago. Your older brother, Cain, seems to be following his footsteps vanishing from your life also since he has became a Pokemon Trainer himself. You're 22, freshly graduated from school and finally living on your own.

You live in the vivid Cascade Town, home to the old renowned Trainer and now Professor Alfred Pine. You're asked to become a Trainer yourself, along with your neighbor who's around the same age. Alfred traveled throughout Kanto, Johto and Hoenn in his youth, making your starters all 9 total from Kanto, Johto and Hoenn!

The Trainers of Eora are diligent hard workers and getting to the top and challenging the Elite Four is all that means anything as a Trainer. You decide to follow that path and take the GYM Challenge yourself, as does your neighbor.. And his goal is to beat you.

So now the journey begins as you'll get your first Pokemon from Cascade Town's Professor. And on your adventure you'll never know who you might just run into!

Base Features:
    - The Eora Region:
    Located between Hoenn and Johto. Home to all 386 national Pokemon, all obtainable.
    - An assortment of Rivals:
    With a range of different personalities, some who try to help you along the way and some not so much...
    - A challenge making it to the Top:
    Get ready to work hard for your Gym Badges. Don't take the trainers lightly, or you'll be scurrying to the Pokecenter often.
    - New Tiles/ Scripts/ OW's/ Trainer Art/ Maps:
    Going by the style of game I want, you wont see maps Gamefreak style, Trainers will have modern influences, Script events fresh, New Everything. In time.
    - MISC:
    -Night/Day
    -Custom TM's
    -Changed Evolutions (for traded etc)

-Etc.
    Im dubbing this as my spoiled goodies that will surprise you throughout the game.

-Eora's Mt. Battle
    -Fishing Contest
    -Customizable Personal Island (setmaptile ftw)
    -Ability to Cut down special trees for lumber
    -Grappling Hook to scale certain mountain ranges
    - and more to come!

Team:
    Alomar - Mapping/ Scripting/ OW's/ Plot/ Everything.

Screenshots:

Eora Region Map:
    246ugt5.png

Ingame:
    6sqeqb.png
    716zd5.png

6fxsn7.png
    2vl3cjo.png

Game Status:
    Coming Soon

Current Tasks:
    Coming Soon

Things I need help with or am working on:
    Title Screen - No clue what to do besides orange color theme, no idea what Pokemon to put on front.
    Town Map - Done

Credits:
    Green Charizard - D/P Center/Mart
    874521 - Various D/P tiles

Tools used:
    TileMolester Alternate <3
    AdvanceMap
    A-Text
    NSE
    Poketscript
    UNLZ.GBA
    FSF
    A-Trainer

Last edited:

Alomar

Years
  • -Reserved For Town / Leader Background Info-

Cascade Town:
    -The hero's hometown, a small town located on top of a waterfall, at the bottom of the Eora Region.

Covert City:
    -A median City leading to either Arbor Town or Lendona City. Also has the PKMN Trainer school here.

Lendona City:
    -This town resides next to the beach and is home to the first Gym Leader Sierra, who uses the Normal Type. Helios of the E4 also lives here.

Arbor Town:
    -A town in a valley located deep in the woods, by passing through Monsoon Forest and passing through Crosscut Bridge. This town is home to the second Gym Leader Chloe, a Grass Type user. This town is also home to the Eora Region Weather Facility.

Last edited:

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    i like the tiles, very similar to shiny gold, and the story is pretty good, so yeah, keep at it, and hopefully this comes out as good as shiny gold, (just giving inspiration, i have my doubts that it will be as big as shiny gold.)

kervin9999

"Froslass and Froslad"
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Sep 16, 2016
    Nice hack... Just a suggestion, remove the inappropriate words...

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    I suggest you change the tiles, as you technically do not have permission to use ShinyGold's tiles. Sure, you mentioned them, but you didn't ask Zel and get an answer of yes.

Years
  • Given that the tiles are definitely from ShinyGold and it's improbable that you got permission to use them, I'd be obligated to infract you. Remove the tiles in question, take new screens, and PM me with them. Until then, I'm closing this thread.
    Closed~

Years
  • Thread reopened, providing the spriters of the tiles used are fully credited and screenshots are provided in the next 48 hours.
    ~Opened

Alomar

Years
  • can i be a beta tester for your awesome hack.
    also if ya want i can give you ideas

I'll be releasing a beta after 3 GYM's, so you're welcome to help then.. Until then sorry hah.

and if you have ideas that would fit, feel free to post away and I'll tell you what I think.

Years
  • Hey everyone this is the Nitox mentioned above. I just wanted to let you know that i will be looking at the thread almost daily to see what you think. Also if you have any suggestions don't be afraid to bring them up to both of us. We both think completely different and take things in different ways. Thanks for all the support that you give and know that we care what you think. Hope you enjoy what you see and we hope you look forward to playing our game.
    -Nitox
    P.S. sorry if there is any poor grammar, writing isn't my strong suit.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    This looks like a hack of Shiny Gold and hacking a hack is usually a no-no. Even the backsprite is an edit of Zel's Gold backsprite. Other than that the rival looks cool if a little old while the players OW appears shorter than usual heros.

Alomar

Years
  • This looks like a hack of Shiny Gold and hacking a hack is usually a no-no. Even the backsprite is an edit of Zel's Gold backsprite. Other than that the rival looks cool if a little old while the players OW appears shorter than usual heros.

Yeah I know it looks like it with the same color palette, but I can assure you this was already settled when my thread was closed that i'm not using shiny gold as a base. i merely like a lot of the style and im working off that. yeah the backsprite is an edit of Gold, but if you read my first post here..

Current Tasks: Started May 1st
    Trainer Backsprite (Needs to be updated: See Hero OW)
    Hero OW tweaks (Current Hero looks too young, and not the same age as the Rival)

that is not going to be the hero in the end. this is just merely what i had messed around with before I started getting serious with this hack. For the actual backsprite when my new OW is done (which will be completely different) then i will proceed to the backsprite, currently its only 1/5 frames done, the only one being the first frame in the screenshot. the other 4 are the original firered ones lol.

Glad you like the rival, and Im working on making him appear taller, but the mohawk just makes that appearance. any ideas?

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The rival is fine he just looks older than the hero but since you're changing the hero my comment is moot.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2021
    i think this will be fun to play :), maybe you could play around with the idea of a time machine later on, and thus give theplayer the ability to catch prehistoric pokemon, idk lol just a thought

Alomar

Years
  • i think this will be fun to play :), maybe you could play around with the idea of a time machine later on, and thus give theplayer the ability to catch prehistoric pokemon, idk lol just a thought

Lol thanks, but i'm keeping my game to the modern/realistic side.

You'll be able to get every fossil don't worry.

Alomar

Years
  • Sorry guys, but I won't be posting any update from now till I release a demo in about two weeks tops. Reason being is I have all the mapping down that I need to release a demo, and i'm currently re-rescripting from the beginning up, alot of things are bothering me that I want to change. after that's done, all I need to do is the titlescreen and hero sprites and fixing up the world map.

So check in on this in a week or two for a demo. ;]
    (more screens and old ones updated will come then also)

Alomar

Years
  • Can I get this switched to an Emerald ROM hack instead of FireRed? no need to close this but i'm switching to Emerald as it has more to offer in the long run, mine as well do it now and not regret it later.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
  • Can I get this switched to an Emerald ROM hack instead of FireRed? no need to close this but i'm switching to Emerald as it has more to offer in the long run, mine as well do it now and not regret it later.

Anything for a fellow Emerald hacker. Consider it done. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back