• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Goodday dear Pokéfans!

Aternox

the Dark
Years
  • Hello everyone and what is up gentlesirs and gentleladies!

I'll give you a quick introduction about me, "my character" and my reasons for joining, before moving on to different matters. That way you can decide if you like me or not. And if you don't, you can just skip the rest, now that's convenient now isn't it?!

Me. It's a word commonly used to describe the individual closest to you as an individual. And just like for most people, me is most important for me. Then there is you, and there is they. You will experience me depending on how "me" sees you. I'm different around everyone, and though there are a few things that define "me", they are difficult to line out and unclear to anyone but my inner self. And even that inner self got struggles at times.

Then, about my character. Aternox is Latin. Or to be more precize, ater nox is Latin. It means dark shade, dark darkness or well anything along those lines. It's not that I'm obsessed with evil or darkness, I just think it's kinda cool. Once I read (09 October) that Greninja had as secondary type dark, I decided on raising a full dark team. This quest started on 11 October, as I got the game early through connections. Now I got a decent all-dark team, and though my in-game name is Kyle (my real life name), I'll go by the trademark of Aternox.

That said, I'm egoïstic. Then again I believe everyone is. Even holding the door for someone can be seen as egoïstic. And that is my sole reason for being here. I want a nice Pokémon community that welcomes me, even though I will probably rarely be on as I got a girlfriend and quite a hectic social life, and I want a place to trade the Pokémon I need. In order to evolve some Pokémon, you need to trade them. And I want to make friends that I can trust to trade those Pokémon with, and back again.

Now that we got that, I hope you're still reading and finding "me" interesting and all, because here are the additional details:
    I'll be raising additional full-type teams, one at a time.
    I'll be needing your help at times.
    You can trust and rely on me.
    I want to be able to trust and rely on you.

I'm 17, male, from the US.
    I live on my own, have been for the past 9 months, explains part of the "hectic social life".
    Got a girlfriend, two little (half) brothers and a mom, and loving grandparents.
    Got many friends, from best friends to those you only have because of obligations.
    My personality type is INFJ (and I find it fits me well...)
    My IQ is 131.
    I tend to brag, use puns, irony and the likes too much and generally unintentionally annoy people.
    I try to live by my word, do my share for the world and live up to my and others' ideals.
    I like food (everything). Got a minor allergy for chocolate and a major one for strawberries.
    I dislike ignorance. (which is a bliss and I do not think others deserve that bliss.)
    My hobbies include playing chess, the guitar, Pokémon (amongst other games) and listening to music.
    Music: Melodic Death Metal. All capitalized because they are very important. I do not listen to anything outside that subgenre. Yup, I'm ignorant.
    Well that was a pretty elaborate list wasn't it? If there's anything else you'd want to know, please ask.

I'm looking forward to working with you.

Aternox~

Last edited:

bassnerd

The Electric Bassist
    Years
  • Hey Aternox,
    Welcome to the forums (I'm new here as well)!! That was a very comprehensive description of yourself, haha. Very informative.
    I don't know if I would be able to help you out, seeing that I'm not that far into the game, but hopefully someone on the boards can.
    I'm an INTJ. :)
    Have fun on the boards and welcome again.

TwoDice

I'm a total noob
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Hello Aternox,

Welcome to the forums although I really haven't been on in a while! But im back! Hope to see ya around

Aternox

the Dark
    Years
  • Hello Aternox,

Welcome to the forums although I really haven't been on in a while! But im back! Hope to see ya around
    Welcome back buddy! Aye I'll add my friend code to this post later so ya'll can add me if you wish xD

Voilla win streak of 3 wins (or something.) really getting overconfident here! The friend code should be in my signature picture, but that doesn't show for a reason. I'll get working on that xD

Hey Aternox,
    Welcome to the forums (I'm new here as well)!! That was a very comprehensive description of yourself, haha. Very informative.
    I don't know if I would be able to help you out, seeing that I'm not that far into the game, but hopefully someone on the boards can.
    I'm an INTJ. :)
    Have fun on the boards and welcome again.
    If there's anything I can help you with, just ask!

Years
  • You do seem like a very knowledgeable person, though I admit between playing video games and posting it took me a little bit to read your intro. :o But I did read it so props to me, yeah? Hehe. Welcome to the forum!

I adore food myself.. always hard to pick a favorite. I do prefer pasta and potatoes though (mmm fried) but other things, like sushi, really make my mouth water as well. Today is one of those days where I feel like I've been eating more than I should.. but it's hard to help it. Just that day where there's too much delicious food that I want to devour. :( Sucks you have strawberry allergies as I'm a huge fan of those; would stink to have for me. Chocolate's delicious but an allergy for it wouldn't be too bad since it'd help me control that craving and get less pimples, urg.

Anyways, I'll try not to rant too much in response, but enjoy your time here! Be sure to help people out as I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot. We often have peeps asking questions around the community. See you around! :D

Aternox

the Dark
    Years
  • You do seem like a very knowledgeable person, though I admit between playing video games and posting it took me a little bit to read your intro. :o But I did read it so props to me, yeah? Hehe. Welcome to the forum!

I adore food myself.. always hard to pick a favorite. I do prefer pasta and potatoes though (mmm fried) but other things, like sushi, really make my mouth water as well. Today is one of those days where I feel like I've been eating more than I should.. but it's hard to help it. Just that day where there's too much delicious food that I want to devour. :( Sucks you have strawberry allergies as I'm a huge fan of those; would stink to have for me. Chocolate's delicious but an allergy for it wouldn't be too bad since it'd help me control that craving and get less pimples, urg.

Anyways, I'll try not to rant too much in response, but enjoy your time here! Be sure to help people out as I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot. We often have peeps asking questions around the community. See you around! :D

Thanks my friend! Same here btw, challanging online via PSS. It's SO GOOD! But yeah have a cookie or something for reading it all xD

Food's great yeah. I prefer pasta and rice over potatoes, and of course anything fresh made is way better than anything else. Sushi is great, strawberries are :/ etc. etc. Also yeah I should stop eating more than I need to as well... But yeah the allergy kinda helps, as I love chocolate. It's okay though, you learn to deal with it.

hehehe if you feel a little ranting is in place, I won't stop you xD. Frankly, I like helping, but I hate it when everyone starts going to me for help. Just ask questions in general. If I know the answer and feel like responding, I'll help. *I used to be jr-admin for some gigantic minecraft server. Furthermore I kinda had to teach my classmates how to behave in a restaurant. The latter example made me really shy away from helping. It's a fun story though, if you're interested xD*

Anyhow, thanks for your kind response. Seems to be a big community, this all! Makes me happy.

Back