• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [IC][T]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15
    Floor 4: Lobria
    HP: 100% - EXP: 35% - Col: 2703

Spoiler:

Can't hide it, her face is red. I only saw a moment of red before she hid behind her hood. "I-I... I don't have a crush on Robin... I don't want to see that man ever again..." ... "Quite a pause there," I reply, referring to the beginning part of her answer. Odd though. She said she didn't want to see Robin again. Did something happen between the two?

I turn my eyesight in Lucina's direction for a better look at her mood & reactions. "So tell me, what happened between the two of you?" I smile a lot, but the smile I have is genuine. No goofiness included. It's to show her I'm listening to her situation. "Whatever it was, maybe I can help. Between me & Robin, I help better with these kinds of issues while he deals with..." How to word this right. I tap my chin while thinking of the right words to say about Robin. He's not very social, avoids casual confrontation, more open during combat, I should keep a note of that, & really smart & strong. "...more physical problems. Yeah, that's it."

I wonder if these words were enough to convince her to talk. Maybe one more little push. I pat her on the back & continue talking, "Hey, holding it in isn't good for you. It's better to get things you really need off your chest so you can feel a little better about yourself." I learned this through experience in my days. I feel...happy, helping someone out. For better or for worse, I'll know how to deal with Lucina's ordeal.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 17

"Quite a pause there," Mamoru replied, much to Lucina's annoyance because she thought he was implying she did like him. "So tell me, what happened between the two of you?" Mamoru smiled a genuine smile that looked like he wasn't being goofy this time. He didn't have to expect Lucina was going to answer this question though.

"Whatever it was, maybe I can help. Between me and Robin, I help better with these kinds of issues while he deals with..." Mamoru seemed to be thinking and for a second Lucina thought he was actually trying to act kind and normal. "...more physical problems. Yeah, that's it." he finished. Lucina hugged her knees and was quiet. She wanted to forget about it but how can she like this. Mamoru suddenly patted her back and continued. "Hey, holding it in isn't good for you. It's better to get things you really need off your chest so you can feel a little better about yourself."

Lucina glanced at the guy and sighed. "Geez... It can't be helped, I guess..." Lucina stretched her legs and closed her eyes. "I've been trying to get Robin to see me as a friend since I thought how to deal with him. Just when I thought he finally was showing some friendshop, somthing happened..." Lucina paused for a second. "... You see... I wasn't always like this. I used to be cheerfull, a little girlish and easily trusted everyone. It changed when I went on a vacation to the U.S as a little girl..." Lucina stared at her legs as she started. "It was late at night and I was ambushed in a dark alley by a guy. I was dead scared and didn't know how to defend myself back then. Another boy, around my age, had probably seen what happened and came to my rescue. He was so heroic... I wanted to be like him and be able to fight. I've been wanting to meet him since that day." Lucina sighed again. It was a painful sigh that came from the bottom of her heart.

"It seems like I had developed a crush for him even when I didn't know him." Lucina lifted her head and stared at the sky again. She was a little uncomfortable telling this and kept moving her head a lot. "Last night... I found out that the guy who saved me back then was Robin..." Lucina was quiet again and speaking more softly. The manly voice she had been trying to keep up was fading and a more feminine one came in return. "That guy was the reason I became the person I am today. It's hard for me to accept that it was Robin all along... Especially since it seems like I had a crush on that guy." Lucina finished.

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [equipped]
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

I tilt my head as I listen to Lucina's story. If only I had popcorn... She goes on about some guy who took her to a dark alley, & was rescued by a young Robin from many years ago. Then yesterday, she found out that Robin is the same boy from before. Why doesn't Robin tell me stories...? I think carefully & tap my index fingers together as I process Lucina's story into my head.

"So the one you had a crush on is here in this game..." I then laugh, holding my gut with both arms. I don't see how this could upset Lucina. Wait. Maybe a little. "You're lucky! The one you only met once is in here in the game!" I couldn't think of a better situation for Lucina, game aside, but this still seemed to bother her. Guess people always have problems. "Look, he may not seem like it, but Robin is really strong. He's pretty shy, but when you get on his good, he'll open up a bit. I mean, I'm close friends with him, so I must be special!" I give Lucina a thumbs up & smile sheepishly.

I put my hand down & continue talking about Robin, "He took classes in his dad's dojo, & he has a passion in fighting. Swords got him interested, & he always made time for himself with anything involving swords. It's what got him strong enough to help those who need it. He's doesn't like standing by & letting the helpless take it. He'd risk it all even to save even one person." I was reminded about the day Robin got sick. What a day... I pick up a pebble nearby & throw it at nowhere, thinking about his principle, "Ha, otherwise he'll start moping & I'll have to cheer him up! Now that everyone's in danger, he's making it his duty to save everyone. Ha! A fool he is, trying to do it all by himself!"

While talking about Robin, it hits me. I point at Lucina as I wag my finger at her, "It just occurred to me. You only met Robin for a brief moment, making you surprised at his personality!" I poke my head while thinking more, "You had a crush on someone you didn't know anything about. Even heroes are just simple people when you get to know them. If you talk to Robin & get to know him better, you might find things you like about him. He may be difficult to talk to, but once you know him better, trust me, he'll open up a little better, &...I forgot words." I just realized how long I was talking & start laughing again. I am a big talker! When I stop myself, I add in a few things, "If you like him, then go for it! Try to remember he's a man too. Everyone deserves something!" I pat her back & scratch my nose. If anyone deserves Robin, I know it's Lucina. I am totally rooting for her!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 17

"So the one you had a crush on is here in this game..." Mamoru tapped his chin and Lucina looked up from her hood. "You're lucky! The one you only met once is in here in the game! Look, he may not seem like it, but Robin is really strong. He's pretty shy, but when you get on his good, he'll open up a bit. I mean, I'm close friends with him, so I must be special!" Mamoru showed his thumb and Lucina looked away from him as it made her feel worse.

"He hasn't opened up to me even once... He rarily talks and doesn't even look at me." Oops... "I-I mean that he always wears his hood! Don't get me wrong..." Lucina quickly added. Maybe Mamoru hadn't heard it considering he just started talking again.

"He took classes in his dad's dojo and he has a passion in fighting. Swords got him interested and he always made time for himself with anything involving swords. It's what got him strong enough to help those who need it. He's doesn't like standing by and letting the helpless take it. He'd risk it all even to save even one person." Mamoru trew a pebble for no reason it seemed. "Ha, otherwise he'll start moping and I'll have to cheer him up! Now that everyone's in danger, he's making it his duty to save everyone. Ha! A fool he is, trying to do it all by himself!" Mamoru seemed to finish... but then he weakly pointed at her with his index finger and continued. "It just occurred to me. You only met Robin for a brief moment, making you surprised at his personality!" Mamoru poked his head, "You had a crush on someone you didn't know anything about. Even heroes are just simple people when you get to know them. If you talk to Robin and get to know him better, you might find things you like about him. He may be difficult to talk to, but once you know him better, trust me, he'll open up a little better and... I forgot words." Lucina stared at him with her "really?" face and shaked her head and opened her mouth to deny the whole thing that she supposedly liked him but Marmoru started again. "If you like him, then go for it! Try to remember he's a man too. Everyone deserves something!" Mamoru finally finished.

"For the second time, I don't like Robin!" Lucina almost yelled as she jumped up and glared at him with her fists clenched. "And Robin is not a hero! Everyone has to fight for theirselves here! That he saved me once doesn't give anyone the right to mock me too, I'm a completely different person then I was back then!" Lucina tried to catch her breath and stood in a less hostile pose, crossing her arms and closing her eyes. "I don't like Robin. Keep that in mind, please." Lucina turned around. "It's not like it matters now anyway..." Lucina said so quiely that Marmoru might not even have heard it. She was referring to her bleeding status, not knowing how to deal with it yet and noticing how her health bar has been slowing dropping the whole time. This was something no one could know about though.

"I'm going now. Thank you for listening to me but you really shouldn't think anything about it. That I had a crush on that guy doesn't mean I have a crush on Robin." Lucina walked away with her cloak fluttering behind her in the soft morning breeze. She wasn't sure where she was going yet but she sure didn't want to stay near Mamoru. She knew as much as that.

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

She seemed ticked off. Why'd she yell at me? I'm only stating the obvious. Lucina's still saying she doesn't like Robin over & over again. She totally has the hots for him! Why does she keep lying to herself?

The fact that she says that she had a crush on that guy, & not Robin, is stupid. It's still Robin in the end. Ha ha! SHe starts to leave, & I shout out, "Don't forget about the boss or whatever!" There is a boss coming up. I'm not missing out on that! But before that, I should do something about this whole situation between Lucina & Robin. They need to hook up soon! Hmm... Robin does enjoy battles, & Robin is more...aggressively social when anyone's life is on the line. I know just what to do! If I remember correctly, Robin went to the nearby inn. Well that's settled! I better send Lucina a message while I'm at it...

NyBBOW6.jpg

Robin - Lvl 13
    Floor 4: Lobria Inn
    HP: 63% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6648

Spoiler:

"Ung..." Robin awoke after a brief nap from training. He wipes his eyes & checks the time. It'll still be a while before the boss raid. What can he do until then? He's already trained all night, so he should save his strength for the fight. Soon a knock sounds from his door. "Who is it?" he replies. Who he hears next doesn't please him.

"C'mon, open up for your pal!" That was Mamoru alright. Robin sighs & opens up for Mamoru, who runs past him & jumps on his bed. "Why this room?"

"What do you want, Mamoru?" Robin asks, already annoyed by Mamoru.

"Well good morning to you too, grumpy pants," Mamoru crosses his arms with a fake pout, getting off the bed. Robin gives him the eye, & Mamoru just laughs. "OK, OK. I'm here to talk to you about the boss battle. You've faced it before, right?" He nods in agreement. "Let's talk a little more about it over drinks." Robin hesitated a bit about this, but he knew Mamoru more than anyone else. He can trust him.

"You go on ahead. I'll catch up in a minute after I check my inventory." Robin agrees to go with Mamoru later at a bar or restaurant to discuss the upcoming boss raid. Mamoru cheers & runs out the door.

"Great! I'll see you later then!" Robin sighs, thinking he's too hyper for his own good. After he finishes reorganizing the drops he got last night & figuring out what to sell & what to keep, he leaves his room & steps out of the inn. At least I can speak normally to Mamoru about the things I like. Equipping his <<Nightfall>> & putting on his hood, Robin starts walking to meet up with Mamoru.

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years

• Rikuto Yuuto Sato // Ryuusa Lv.8
    Floor 4: Boss Room
    Store status:
    Spoiler:

Special items: Elixir of Heroic Spirit x1: 1750 Col (Immediate cooldown of last used Sword Art, 50% defense reduction for 1 minute)

Rikuto stretched his arms wide as he woke and looked around at the bustling city before him, having slept on a bench yet again. Despite this, he'd actually managed to get a good night's sleep, unlike the last few times. He remembered the way he used to take naps on the train ride to and from work, so maybe he was only restless the other nights because he was still worried about that attempted murder. Fortunately, it looked like staying in a busy area kept the killer (killers?) away, so he could relax a little. Though he still found himself going out of his way to avoid dark alleys and such, regardless of the fact that the city was a safe zone.

After standing up and equipping his armor, he thought back to the previous night. He found it a little depressing spending New Year's Eve alone when it was meant to be a family time, but at least he was able to get to sleep fairly early since he had nothing to do with floor 3 still being too risky for him. He was also very disappointed in Kayaba. How could he call himself Japanese and not include any Osechi or even any Toshikoshi? He bet the man didn't even watch Kouhaku. Maybe he was afraid of alienating his international audience, but Rikuto thought that was a stupid way of going about it. This was 2023, not the mid 1900's. The world was much more globalized, or at the very least far less xenophobic than it once was. Adding a measly bowl of noodles was not going to seriously impact sales or reviews. Trapping your consumers and watching them die off, now that was going to hurt sales.

Just then, a message arrived at his inbox that reminded him of something important. Today was the day the teleport to the next area was unlocked! If this Devon person was telling the truth, the next area was indeed a boss room. Boss fights were always a great place to make some sales as players stocked up on recovery items, bought new equipment, or simply wanted a piece of gear enhanced for that extra edge. This was common knowledge among merchants, but was not as simple to exploit as one might think. The main reason for that was because boss rooms were usually at the end of a long dungeon.

Rikuto was unable to reach the first boss in time because he took too long to reach it with just Xenith as company, mostly because it took him forever to kill anything, and he couldn't do the second boss either because of the whole mess with that Lacy girl, but he was determined to make it to this next boss. He decided he would contact Xenith and Camlann immediately to avoid a repeat of the first boss, but he had no guarantee Camlann would come since the two shared little interaction that wasn't related to business. He might have to hire other bodyguards. Fortunately, Xenith was part of a mercenary guild so that made things easier.

Rikuto pulled up the message box and typed as he walked to the teleport. He typed it up pretty quick and sent it to Xenith, but he hadn't been expecting such a quick reply, arriving just as he reached the teleport. You know, you don't really need to worry about protection this time, it read. The teleport is a straight shot to the big doors. I'm already here, actually. And by the way, I've got a little something I think you might be interested in. This was a little surprising, both because of how different the boss room's placement was this time, what with the time-locked teleport as well as the lack of a dungeon, but also because of whatever it was Xenith had for him.

Not wasting any more time, Rikuto proceeded through the teleport to the boss room. There weren't all that many players there yet, but others were gathering fast. He looked up at the massive doors leading to the boss for a moment, then chuckled because there was no way he was ever setting foot through one of those. Then he looked around for Xenith, who seemed to be looking through her inventory off to the side of the door. She closed out of it after a bit and immediately saw him, wordlessly holding her hand up in greeting.

Without getting up, she fiddled with her menu a bit before a trade request appeared in front of Rikuto. He accepted and saw a potion offered. Tapping on it for more information revealed a potion unlike any he had ever seen. His eyes grew wide. Elixir of Heroic Spirit: Immediate cooldown of last used Sword Art, 50% defense reduction for 1 minute, it said, with flavor text reading The distilled essence of a fallen hero, left behind after his death. It is said his last words were, "I'll take you down, or die trying!" Regardless of the drawback, the ability to instantly reuse a sword art was a great benefit, especially considering how powerful some of the sword arts with long cooldown periods could be. He input an amount of col as a rare item bonus and the two completed the trade.

"Like it?" asked Xenith. "My guild finished a tough quest on floor 3 last night and the reward was a bunch of 'Hero's Soul Fragments'. The potion's pretty tough to make, so I figured I should save most of them for when my Alchemy level was higher. But I figured I should try to get at least one of those out of it now. I had to know what I'd end up with to see if they were worth saving."

With that out of the way, Xenith said her farewell and left to rejoin her guild while Rikuto moved to a spot near the door to set up shop. He put down a large blanket he had on hand and laid several items on it in display. Then he got to work attracting customers. The boss room had a tense atmosphere, which made sense considering the nature of this game, so he figured people might not appreciate him shouting repeatedly like he did in the marketplace last night. However, he couldn't just hope people would choose him over the other merchants present.

"I have an announcement!" He started, eyes beginning to turn towards him. Some of them might have thought he was Devon. "Ryuusa's Quality Goods has gotten its hands on a uniquely rare potion that cools down Sword Arts, but we've only got one in stock so it'll be first come, first serve for it!" This would certainly start a buzz about his store, and even though it would probably die down fairly quickly after the Elixir's sale, what was important was that the people present were talking about him. His store would be in their minds if they needed to restock or re-equip, and it would be there as a place capable of acquiring good items.

(OOC:) How the store works:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lucina
    Player level 17

As Lucina left her first thoughts went to the strange conversation she had with Mamoru. She should've know that telling him anything that happened between Robin and her was a bad idea. Things couldn't be turned back now. She sighed as she stopped for a second to look at the time. It was 11.24 am already... Time had passed quite quickly. Lucina thought about training but since she wanted to join the boss battle she gave it a second thought. "I should save up my energy." she told herself.

Lucina heard a beeping noise and found out she just got a message from someone.

To: Lucina

Meet me in the bar. There's something important I found out recently that you need to know.

P.S. I'm buying drinks.

It was a short message yet it had enough meaning to have Lucina facepalm. "What now again..." Lucina closed the message and went back into town. "If this is about Robin again I'm going to kick his arse." Lucina mumbled as she opened the door of a bar. It would've been useful if he had told me which one..." Lucina took a look around.

------
    «Lucina's white dress» [unequipped]
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Lacy
    Player level 15
    Floor 4: Lobria, Lotus inn.

"Heh, as long as you promise not to fall over you can sit wherever you want?" Vanish replied to her question in a playful manner. Lacy laughed sheepish and was a little embarrassed that he had seen that. "Heh heh... I promise..." Lacy hid her slightly red face a little. Thankfullyshe wasn't always this clumsy, only when she had a bad night or woke up way too early. At least Vanish didn't laugh about it.

There was an awkward silence between the two yet Lacy didn't know what to say. That's why she was glad when Vanish decided to break the ice. "You're not really an early riser, eh Lacy?" He grinned. "Did you have a bad nights sleep maybe?" he asked her with a friendly look in his eyes.

"Y-Yeah... I slept pretty badly somehow. Usually I wake up around 8 or 9 am." Lacy answered him and played with a string of hair. "I guess I had too much on my mind when I fell asleep. If that happens I somehow sleep pretty uneasy. Like one part of me was awake the whole time." Lacy explained as she glanced into his eyes. "What about you? Did you ge here early?"

-------

«Cloak of courage» [equipped]
    «Hair dye: Violet» [applied]

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years

Mamoru - Lvl 15

Spoiler:

Nope, she's not in this bar either. I better find out which bar Lucina's in before Robin catches me! I really should've picked out which bar it would be. Well, that is why we improvise! I look around me, hoping Robin hasn't found me yet. I have to find the right bar first or Robin will catch me & take me to the nearest bar, & who knows if Lucina could be in that bar! I look through the window of another bar-Aha! Found her! Now all I gotta do is wait for Robin to come, assuming he's also looking for the right bar that has me standing next to the door.

NyBBOW6.jpg

Robin - Lvl 13
    HP: 63% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6648

Spoiler:

"That idiot..." Robin sighs. Apparently, Mamoru failed to mention which bar they would meet up in. He should've known. Mamoru is the worst planner anyone could trust. If he wanted to talk about the upcoming boss, he could've been more serious about it. Then again, Mamoru can't focus for one minute, always goofing off n' such.

When Robin went inside another inn, it was nearly empty, save for a few players drinking it out. The next bar was more like a tavern with so many players inside Is Mamoru here? Robin peeks at the players around, but still couldn't find Mamoru. He left the bar to go to the next one, losing hope & upset over wasting his time with Mamoru. Eventually, he was able to find Mamoru standing next to the door of another bar. "Y'know, you could've told me which bar we were gonna meet at," he exclaims, taking off his hood.

"But then it wouldn't be fun!" Mamoru replies with a smile. "In we go!" As Mamoru opens the door & lets Robin in, he eyes Lucina a few seats away. Mamoru quickly pushes Robin who was caught off guard.

"Wah?!" Robin didn't know why he pushed him. In fact, he's still pushing him. "Mamoru, what the hel-" Robin tried to escape, but when Mamoru suddenly stopped pushing him, he was in front of Lucina. He froze. He saw Mamoru quickly run to the counter & come back with two coffee drinks. He sets them on the table & pushes Robin down on his seat.

Robin couldn't puzzle together what Mamoru was doing, or even thinking, or if he was even thinking at all! "There! Now, talk & resolve your issues with each other," Mamoru quickly explains, drinking his own coffee with a smug look. He waves & quickly leaves the bar, leaving both Robin & Lucina alone.

There was only one thing in Robin's mind at the moment... Die, Mamoru. Die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die die......

Years
  • Aria
    Lvl. 13 | Exp. 8% | HP. 76% | Col. 1810
    Floor 3 - Forest of Wavering Mist

Spotting the gate to the next floor, Aria heaved her largest sigh of the day. The experience and Col had certainly been worth her time, but spending multiple hours down here at a time had been exhausting and unnerving. Luckily, she'd hardly encountered any other players since she departed that morning. Probably something to do with the excitement surrounding the new Boss room. Also probably something to do with the fog cutting her visibility down to about a dozen meters, even with her Detection skill.

But equally relieving to not having to look over her shoulder every few minutes, Aria spent no time after arriving in the lower-floor town of Urbus to pop open her equipment window and switch to a more casual set of equipment. Even considering the light armor effects of her grey jacket and a few other pieces, the simple change out of heavy armor made her ten kilos lighter, and boots without metal plating were a joy to walk in by comparison. In fact, the sudden comfort tempted Aria to take an early lunch and collapse on a nearby bench.

Instead, her still-open inventory display convinced her that she needed to rid herself of the mismatched pieces of Salamander armor and Mantis bits cluttering it up. So she set back off down one of the avenues toward the marketplace, seeking out a particular shop she hadn't gotten round to yesterday, but supposedly had a permanent location second floor.

"Ryuusa's Quality Goods", the sign read. Which sounded quite a bit more sketchy than the owner had intended, she was sure. Still, she'd heard positive things here and there, and player shops tended to offer much better equipment than the stock NPC shops, anyway.

She was momentarily confused to see a player named "Kouki" standing behind the counter. Discounting the vague possibility of the sign being radically incorrect, somehow the real owner had enough money going around to hire others to work his shop for him, then? That was highly unusual, as far as she was aware, but implied that either the wares here were very extravagantly priced, or that "Ryuusa" was wealthy precisely because he was running a fair business.

Here was hoping for the latter.

Calling the clerk's attention, she eyed the largely plain armor on the storefront. A tad plain, but that was actually to her preference - ornamental flair on armors tended to increase the price, and she wasn't exactly shopping for a formal outfit.

"What do you have in the way of heavy armor?" she asked simply. She wasn't yet quite sure what she might afford here, but she suspected it would be worth her time to just start collecting a new armor set entirely rather than complement her old tin plate parts.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Lucina & Robin

Player level 17

Lucina sat down by a table and waited for Mamoru to arrive. A little later she saw Mamoru opening the door. He obviously saw her sitting there but immediately left again. "Huh? What the heck?" Lucina said as she stood up but sat down again. "If he doesn't have a good reason for wasting my time..." Lucina crossed her arms and closed her eyes but when she opened them again... Mamoru was suddenly stood in front of her! Not alone... Robin was with him too! That idiot!

Mamoru forced Robin to sit down before he ran off the counter. He came back with coffee, drinking his quickly as he handed the other two to Robin and Lucina. "There! Now, talk and resolve your issues with each other," he said before he left the two of them alone.
    Lucina didn't know what to say or even think. She blinked a few times before she looked away from Robin while pouting. "I should've known he'd do stuff like this... the idiot..." Lucina mumbled.

......die die die die die die die die die die- Robin was still thinking about killing Mamoru for doing this. What made him wanna do this? For all he knew, Mamoru likes messing with Robin all the time if the opportunity presented itself.

It was just Robin and Lucina. Robin looked at the door and he could clearly see Mamoru peeking through the window. He was sipping his coffee with his mouth to the side, despite a window flat on his face. "..." Clearly, Robin wasn't thrilled with him.
    But now he was stuck with Lucina, who seemed like she didn't want to talk, especially to Robin. Whatever her issue was with him, he couldn't see anyway out of this ...It's obvious Mamoru won't let them leave.

Robin put on his hood to hide his face from Lucina. He's still not used to these simple conversations. But maybe if... "So...how about we talk about the upcoming boss raid?" It's a good starter for conversation. At least for Robin.

"I shouldn't have told him any of that..." Lucina thought as she wondered how she could get out of this situation. Mamoru was waiting behind the door so what now? Lucina didn't even listen to what Robin said to her and replied with a cold "I have nothing to say to you." She regretted that she had taken off her cloak a little while earlier.

It seemed Lucina didn't want to talk to Robin at all. "That damn Mamoru..." he mumbled. He took a sip of his coffee, wondering where things will go from here. Things were getting quiet between them, which made Robin uneasy. He doesn't like socializing, but he doesn't like awkward situations either. "........." he lowered his head and placed a palm on his face.

Lucina saw Robin was having trouble and seemed to be feeling uneasy as well. Lucina wanted to feel pity but her stubborn side wouldn't let her show anything at all. "Your friend is stupid." She managed to get out. "He took advantage of me and is now using it against me..." Lucina sighed.

"I'll be sure to set him straight this time," Robin reassured Lucina, already thinking of ways to deal with him. "He doesn't know when to stay out of my business. I don't even know why I became friends with him." He held the cup that Mamoru got for him, thinking of the times he's spent with him. Despite he shortcomings, he's still a good friend that Robin could ever have.

"I'm actually more wondering about why he became friends with you." Lucina immediately snarled. It was kinda mean but Lucina wasn't in the best mood right now. "It's like... impossible to become friends with you. I'm surprised you're referring to him as your friend." Lucina glared at him. She did know she had a stupid reason to be angry at him to be honest. She just couldn't help it. She felt misleaded...

Robin could tell Lucina wasn't in a good mood. Whatever the reason, Robin was still remembering his life before SAO. It's taboo to talk about someone's life before the game, but he guessed it's fine if it's with Lucina...

"Believe me, I didn't want to be friends with him either," he started, staring at the surface of his coffee. "That didn't stop him from trying. He just tried to talk to me whenever he had the chance. He was annoying, but...he was the first one who actually liked me." Robin got a little tense, thinking about his time in the dojo, where he...used to live. "Despite my...rejections, I guess I became used to him. I still consider him a friend...even if he causes trouble for me." Robin quickly looked at Mamoru who was still behind the window, who just waved back with a smile. Robin sighed and looked back at his coffee. "He was always their for me, despite who's mood was bad. He's just too good of a friend to lose...I guess."

Lucina listened to him and was fairly surprised he didn't yell at her for saying something so meaningless. She listened to what Robin said but felt rather uneasy. "I wouldn't know what you're going through. I never really had friends. The ones I did consider a friend always left me behind after a while." Lucina said resting her head in the palm of her hand.

It looks like Lucina had it harder than Robin. Whoever those friends were, it's their loss. "Maybe they weren't the right friends. Friends don't leave friends behind." Robin exclaimed, serious about this issue of friends. "Whoever they were, it's their loss."

After hearing that Lucina clenched her fists. "Stop it. I don't need your sympathy or advice." she almost yelled. She didn't recognize herself talking like that. She didn't feel comfortable exposed like this. Then it hit her. Wasn't she just angry because he didn't want to be her friend...? And wasn't she acting so hostile because she didn't know how to act anymore? "Heck, I don't even know who I am anymore..." she whispered to herself as she turned away from Robin. She felt tears forming in her virtual eyes but kept them from actually falling. She didn't want that kind of attention...

Robin sighed, feeling hopeless about cheering Lucina. He looked down at coffee, clutching it in both hands, "Nobody likes feeling weak, not even me..." Robin didn't know where to go from this, but he kept on talking anyway, squeezing his coffee a bit, "...I'm going to free everyone from this hell of a prison." He mumbled something else, but it was too quiet for anyone to hear. "Sorry about Mamoru causing trouble for you. I don't get why he does these things." Robin looks back at Mamoru again, who's already done with his coffee. Doesn't he have anything better to do?

Lucina heard Robin speak again but didn't pay attention to it until he apologized for Mamoru causing her trouble. "That's my fault. I was sitting somewhere earlier this morning and he milked information out of me about our fight." Lucina replied without looking at him. "He has the strange idea that I have a crush on you." Lucina realized what she said and started panicking inside for some reason.

Robin wasn't surprised by Lucina's explination, especially about the part where she mentions the crush part. Did she have a crush on him or what? She's sort of mentioned this before last night to him, but she would still reject him. Still, it made Robin blush. Good thing he was wearing his hood. He gulped down his coffee rather than sip, not knowing what to say. "...About last night." It just came out of him and already Robin was regretting it.

While it was quiet for a bit Lucina stared at her coffee. She didn't like coffee at all... it was bitter and she just didn't like the taste. Robin seemed to be enjoying it so she shoved her cup across the table to Robin. "What about last night...?" Lucina asked when Robin didn't finish his sentence.

Robin didn't know how to word it out. He turned his head to the side & said, "Just because you say I wasn't me back then doesn't mean it's true. It was still by one person only." He didn't know why he pointed this out, but he just had to say something. It wasn't right with him to speak out of term, but anything than this silence is better.

Lucina was confused by his words. "I'm not sure what you're trying to say, sorry..." She said with a calm voice. The aura was still tense between them but talking had helped a little.

Was she avoiding the subject? It's understandable, but Robin still had to get it out. "I'm talking about when I saved you back then..." he explained a bit.

"I know, I know..." Lucina stopped him. "Mamoru kinda lectured me about it... I think the whole reason I'm angry is because I changed back then. I don't know who I am anymore because the guy I thought that saved me doesn't exist." Lucina said as she stared down at the table. Talking about her feelings wasn't her strongest point. "Better said... The guy that saved me wasn't who I thought he was and maybe that got me angry... You know? I don't even know anymore..." Lucina finished. She was talking rather quietly for no apparent reasons

Lucina was now explaining the reason of her distant self. Robin only met her once back then, so he didn't know what she was like back then. Maybe she didn't wanna feel weak anymore because of that incident...? Then a thought occurred, which scared him. "Maybe if I hadn't saved you back then...you probably wouldn't be here now. Dammit...!" He placed a palm on his forehead, frustrated. "You wouldn't be stuck in this prison...!"

Lucina looked up from surprise. "I think I would've ended up here anyway. I didn't became a gamer because I didn't want to be weak anymore. I've been a gamer before that incident." Lucina tried take his feelings of guilt away. It was true after all. He shouldn't be so hard on himself. "If you hadn't saved me I think I would've turned out far worse. I don't know what that guy would've done to me. There's a reason for everything. Fate will find one way or another." Lucina tried smiling.

Fate. How does one know one's fate? It could be anything. And the boss raid, is everyone's fate the same...? "...What if you knew your fate? What if you could change it?" This was all Robin could think about. If he knew what was gonna happen next, if he could know the future, maybe he could change everyone's fate... He stood up from his seat, staring at his almost empty coffee. "Thanks for the talk and sorry for the trouble. I have a lot to think about." Robin bows to Lucina, turns & leaves the bar. As he walks past the door, he glances at Mamoru & just keeps walking.

Mamoru found it odd when Robin just walked away like that. He went inside the bar to check on Lucina, sitting down in front of her. "He looked like he had something on his mind. What exactly did you guys talk about?" He thought for a moment before speaking again, "Was it your confession?" he added with a devilish smile.

Lucina sighed when Robin left. "I hate that guy..." she whispered to herself. His whole thing about saving everyone was ridiculous. She took notice of Mamoru but facepalmed when he was talking about confessions. "Seriously, Mamoru? How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like him." Lucina said rather sternly. "Besides, it's not like he'd take notice of me anyway..." She said to herself instead of Mamoru. She rested her head on her arms on the table. "He's stupid."

Mamoru stared at Lucina's face for a moment, hoping to understand what went down. Then he just tapped the table with a finger. "Well, he has a lot of things to think about. He just can't help but save as many people as he can. I don't know, it's like he's trapped in his own prison." He picked at his hair, thinking about what Robin might be doing next. "I know he's going to that boss battle. I wonder if he'll ever realize that he can't save anyone..."

"He won't realize that. He just wants to be a hero... not realizing most people hate those kind of people... He'll realize it when it's too late." Lucina stood up. "I'm going to the boss battle as well. I better prepare." Lucina said before she took notice of her fairly low health bar. She searched in her inventory for a potion and used it.

Mamoru noticed that Lucina drank a potion. Was she in a battle ealier, he thought. She did say she was gonna prepare for the boss battle. Guess that's why. Mamoru quickly stood up, his head held high. "Welp, I'll just look around this floor a little more." He turns around, but before he walks away, he says one last thing to Lucina, his back turned and his voice missing that jolly tone, replaced with what sounded like sadness. "Someone needs to save him from his good intentions... Please, for my sake and for his, protect him." Mamoru said nothing more and walked away, his face expression unknown to Lucina.

Lucina blinked a few times and once he was gone she crossed her arms. "Protect him...? I don't think he'll want protection." She left the bar as well.

------
    «Falchion» [unequipped]

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Devon

The black, spiky haired man watched a crowd gathering as it got closer to 1 pm. The more players were gathering, the more guards were send on duty to the boss room doors where he was standing as well. He found it idiotic that guards from the Black Panther guild always had to guard those doors. They say it's on behalf of the safety of other players but Devon tended to believe different.

As it seemed like everyone was here Devon started to speak. "May I borrow all your ears for a little bit, please?" He asked with a gentle voice. "I brought you all together because behind these doors... is a boss." Devon gestured to the doors behind him before he turned his face back to the crowd. "This boss is known to be not very fast but his attacks are strong and his attack range is very big due to it's tentacles. Hit those unil he can't use them for a little and you can easily hit his weak spot, his eye." Devon had this serious look on his face. He already knew this was a monster that was also in the beta-tests. That's why he knew so much. He wasn't going to reveal his status though.

"We haven't found his blind spot yet but with all of us together we should easily beat it. So is everyone in?" Devon asked. Some peole were leaving but most of them stayed.

"Great~ Then let's open the doors shall we?" He gestured to the guards that they should open the huge doors and so they did. "Have fun everyone!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • William Danielson||Godot
    Lv. 15||Floor 4 - Lobria

"Thank you for your patronage," A young saleswoman said with a smile. Godot turned and waved at her with his back turned, biting into a piece of bread filled with warm curry. It was his first time in quite a while having Japanese-style cuisine, and damn if it wasn't delicious.

Godot had woken up in something of a daze. He wasn't exactly sure where he was, as there seemed to be a gap in his memory from after he'd fought the golems. He decided not to make much of it, examining his surroundings. That was what he decided, at least, but he wasn't actually in the position to do that. He was ravenous, as if he hadn't eaten in days, and as a result, he understandably couldn't think straight. As such, he immediately made for the various stalls that lined the floor- it was New Years, after all. He checked his funds and, oddly, he had a good amount of col. Considering his excursion, it made sense that he would have earned money in the way of drops and rewards, but he found it odd that he was sleeping in a room that most certainly wasn't his despite that. He concluded that he must have been incredibly delusional to forget that he would have any sort of cash and, as such, the room must have belonged to someone he knew.

He thought this after having visited a few stands, at least. He explored quite a number of foods, ranging from Curry Bread to some sort of Cotton Candy alternative, and once he ate his fill, he gathered his bearings. Godot parked himself on a bench close to his house and checked the messages he'd received from the night before.

Sender: Apathy
    Subject: Sorry

Hey, Godot (or I guess I should be calling you "Godad", now). Sorry about what happened. It was Nat's idea to begin with, but we all decided that we like you alive more than we like you dead, and the only way you wouldn't spend time gushing over your drop-dead-adorable daughters was if we forced you to get out there and train.

Don't overdue it, though. You're pretty reckless, and you're practically an anime character in the way that you get excited over fighting. It's actually really silly, but it's you, and we need to cover for that. Masochist.

Anyways, be safe. Hate you.

Sender: Kagome
    Subject: Morning

Hey, Dad. How are you feeling? Hope you didn't do anything rash last night. Apparently Puff stayed up all night worrying about you. She tried to keep a tough face, but she was pretty worried.

On that note, Rise and I're heading up the the boss floor, as has become tradition. Puff's at the Caged Bird, so you don't need to worry about her, she's in good hands. And this is me we're talking about, so don't worry about the boss fight. Rise either, she's surprisingly skilled for her level. It helps that she's with me ;)

Wish us luck! Love ya!

Godot sighed, both satisfied and worried. He knew he couldn't stop them. He hadn't fought a boss since Illfang- well, not a floor boss. Since then he'd fought a number of bosses. Though he did wish to aid his daughters in some way, he felt an odd bit of disinterest for a "battle masochist" and a doting father. It was probably because he realized he was getting closer and closer to the end. This worried him greatly. Though there was some tragedy since he'd arrived, Sword Art Online was the greatest thing ever to have happened to Godot. Even early on he felt hesitant about ending it, but it wasn't until just then that Godot realized how much more solid his trepidation was. Completing SAO meant saying goodbye to Tara. It meant leaving behind these family bonds that he had built over the time he'd spent in the game. It scared him. He was overcome with a sensation that felt heavy, as if Aincrad's gravity had doubled.

Taking a few more bites of his curry bread and closing out his messages, Godot put his hands and his pockets and stood up. "I...think I'll take a walk," he said with a sigh, standing up and walking aimlessly into the streets of Lobria.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • NyBBOW6.jpg

Robin - Lvl 13
    Floor 5: Boss Room
    HP: 100% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6148

Spoiler:

After restocking on potions & replenishing his HP, Robin heads to the now open teleport gate leading to Floor 5, where the boss room awaited. It's funny. The first day of Sword Art Online feels like a long time ago compared to now, even if they've just now reached the 5th floor. There were still 95 more floors to go. Progress is slow. They're getting there, but...how long will it take? How long will this nightmare last?

Robin was running a little late, thinking about the past. When he arrived, some players were apparently leaving. He looked around & saw some familiar faces, but he couldn't bring himself to talk to them, at least, he couldn't as they seemed to already formed plans. "At least I've faced this boss in the beta test before." Strike the tentacles, thrust into the eye. Simple as that.

Bosses are never that simple, however. Who knows what to features this boss had. You can never be too careful. Robin unsheathed <<Nightfall>> & cautiously walked forward, entering the boss room. "...Let's do this."

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • Drakath- Level 15 - Exp 50% - 17,593 Col - Floor 4

Christopher_Sayo_Older_zpscbe056e1.jpg

The clock stroke 12:00 A.M. It was midnight... It was dark, darker than pitch black and it was also completely silent. They were at the bottom. Smoke very slowly began filling the room. Drakath felt something, but it wasn't unlike anything he'd ever felt. He knew that the feeling definitely wasn't coming from a physical object. As he attempted to move, he heard the sound of rocks falling. He soon came to the shocking realization that he was buried. Remembering the fall, he thought that Sakurza was probably also buried, if not gone. He used all of his strength, pushing on the debris the covered him. As more and more moved, the looser the pile got. An opening formed in the debris, he was almost out. The more he pushed, the bigger it got. He managed to pull most of the upper half of his body out. He looked around, We're at the bottom? He pulled himself up, freeing the rest of his body. Smoke, how? Where is she? He sat down and listened closely. He could hear faint breathing. Over there. He went to the source of the breathing. He started moving the debris away, chunk by chunk. He saw her hair, spreading out of some of the debris. He moved one last chunk and saw her face. She looked peaceful, but at the same, weak. I guess I looked the same way, peaceful yet weak. As he removed the debris from the rest of her body, he saw the armor covering her right forearm and hand was badly damaged. He looked at his arm and saw that the bandages were tearing. I don't think that's just a coincidence, if it is it's a crazy one. A memory from his past arose. A tear drop fell from his left eye. He balled his hand into a fist and squeezed. He relaxed and tried to wake Sakurza up. Nothing worked, She'll wake up on her own... I hope. He picked her up and set her down up against a wall. Now, how do we get out? Drakath looked around and saw the same dim blue light as when he jumped into the pit, but it was darker this time. Assuming that was the way out, he walked over to Sakurza. He crouched down and picked her back up. He went to the light and saw a hole in the wall. It was a tunnel. He walked through it and followed the path. He came to the end of the tunnel. The lighting was too different from the tunnel's for him to see. Hoping for the best, he walked out of the tunnel.

Sakurza - Level 14 - Exp 75% - 12,864 Col -Floor 4

Kira_Ninja.jpg

The darkness of the forest was more than Drakath expected, he soon realized that the smoke was actually mist that had gone through the tunnel. Sakurza's nose twitched, but he didn't notice. She slowlyopened her eyes a little, and blinked a few times. She realized she was being carried, which alarmed her. She slowly looked up and saw Drakath, she calmed down knowing that she wasn't being kidnapped. She could've moved to let him know she woke up, but for some reason, she decided not to. After a while she moved and Drakath set her down, "Hey, you're awake". Good, he didn't notice. "What happened?" she asked. "Well, we survived the fall. But we got buried under debris. I managed to crawl out and find you. After that I found a way out into the forest. I thought I'd carry you until you woke up." "Well,thanks." Sakurza replied. On their way to the teleport gate, they ran into a group of enemies. With them having no weapons, they had no choice but to run. As they ran, the enemies were right behind them. Just as they got close enough to attack, Drakath and Sakurza jumped through the teleport gate. They flew out of the teleport gate, landing on their knees. As they caught their breath, breathing heavily, they stood up. Sakurza looked to her left at Drakath, Well, we went to the same place, she looked around, Lobria the 4th floor. Everyone was celebrating something. Trying to figure out what it was, she looked at the time, it was a little after midnight. She looked at the date, 1/1/23, realizing something she quickly turned to Drakath. "Hey Drakath," she tapped his shoulder and he looked back at her, "It's New Year's!"

Drakath- Level 15 - Exp 50% - 17,593 Col - Floor 4

After feeling a tap on his shoulder and hearing a call, Drakath looked over to his right and saw Sakurza's face, happy and excited, her head slightly tilted to his left, blue light shining onhalf of her face, soft wind slowly blowing her hair across her face. After hearing Sakurza's cheer, Drakath looked at the time and date. Before he could fully understand, she lunged forward and hugged him. After the quick hug she asked, "How should we celebrate?" He took a moment to think, "We could go eat," looking at himself and Sakurza, "But we don't look presentable…" shelooked at all of the dirt, dust, stone chips, and grime that they were coveredin. "Yeah, we should change and fix our armor later." she replied, "Where's the nearest inn? I'll pay,"she offered "Why pay, when we can just sneak in? I mean seriously, we'll only need it for a minute or two." He deviously counter-offered, "Drakath, you know better." "So the only way we're getting rooms is if we pay, and if I don't pay,you won't go in." "You know me so well, but I know you as well, and you won't pay so, we can pay, not pay, or stay outside." "How about we decide this on the way to the inn, Sakurza?" They started walking to the inn and as they walked, they debated about what to do. They arrived at the inn, "Fine Drakath, we'll sneak in." Sakurza said reluctantly. They swiftly climbed up a nearbytree, ran across a rooftop, crouched down at the end of it, and made sure no one was watching. They jumped over to the inn's rooftop, making their landings as soft as possible, quietly snuck over to a window, made sure the room was empty, and opened the window. "Let's go, no one's looking," Drakath said as he looked back. Sakurza nodded and they slipped through the window into the room. Sakurza walked over to one side of the room, swiped her hand down, and looked back at Drakath as her menu appeared. Remembering the second that you were in your undergarments when switching armor/clothing, Drakath said, "I won't look," as he turned away. He looked out of the window while waiting for her to equip adifferent outfit. As he looked at the people celebrating New Year's Day, he remembered something that happened before the memory in the pit and sighed, I need to stop thinking about it. "I'm done," she paused, "Drakath, is something wrong?" He just stood there like he was paying attention to something. She walked over to him and put her righthand on his left shoulder, "Drakath?" he jumped a little and turned around, "Oh, you're done," he said. He walked to the end of the room and changed.

Sakurza- Level 14 - Exp 75% - 12,864 Col - Floor 4

Kira_Ninja.jpg

Sakurza walked to the mirror and looked at her outfit. She twisted left and right, then spun around on one foot, admiring her attire happily. I look nice, Drakath slowly walked up behind her, "You look great!" he complimented, "As do you," she complimented, looking up and down at his outfit. There was a knock at the door,"Hey! Anyone in there? This room wasn't purchased!" The owner yelled. "We should go," Drakath said. "Alright, I'm coming in! 3…" Sakurza opened thewindow, "2…" They climbed out, "1…" They jumped, "0…" The owner barged into the room, but Drakath and Sakurza were gone. Sakurza looked at their color cursors, "Hey Drakath," he turned and saw her somewhat shocked expression, "We went orange." she said, "Well that's going to cause problems." he replied,"Hopefully not too many and nothing major." She said as they arrived at, Lobria's Finest: Tzu-Sxay. Sakurza looked up and read the glowing sign, "I've never heard of this place." She commented, "It just opened. Apparently, a guild had been planning this place for a while, and it seems like it's doing well." Drakath said as he looked through the restaurant's wide window on its left side. He moved over and opened he door, "This place has also earned the Lobria's Finest title," he mentioned as they walked inside.

Drakath and Sakurza - Level 15|14 - Exp 50%|75% - 17,593|12,864 Col - Floor 4

Kira_Ninja.jpg

Golden light filled the room as a bell chimed, notifying the owners that someone had entered. Drakath and Sakurza looked around and saw the owner look towards the door. They turned to theirleft, seeing people eating and talking. They approached the counter, "Party of 2, window table please." Drakath said, "Alright, please wait to be seated." The owner politely said, pointing to the waiting area behind them. They turned around and walked into the waiting area, a separate room just to the right if the entrance. Drakath sat down in the back corner of the room, by the almost room-wide window. Sakurza looked back over her shoulder. Hm, I guess it was nothing, she thought. She looked back and sat down next to Drakath. "Did you hear about the door blocking the teleport gate on floor 5?" Drakath asked, "Yeah, floor 5 just opened right? Where do you think the door leads to? I think it's a new dungeon." Sakurza answered, "I think it's a new boss. Speaking of which, we need to grind for levels when we go to floor 5. The fight with Zaxemira didn't go so well." he replied, "We also need to fix our armor and get replacement swords. I still can't believe they broke," she mentioned, "Yeah we do, but did you not see how hard we clashed when they shattered?" Drakath asked, remembering the fight. Sakurza was about to say something but a waitress walked in, "Your table is ready." They stood up, walked to their table, sat down, and ordered their food. Sakurza sat across from Drakath. "So, what brought you to the pit?" Sakurza asked. Drakath, thinking about before his jump, replied, "Well…

After explaining what made him goto the forest and talking about what happened in the time between the last time they met and now, he looked at the time, "I think we've been here long enough. You want to go check out the door?" Drakath asked "If it's a boss room it should be The Ghastlygaze if I remember correctly." They left the restaurant and walked through town, repairing their armor and getting new weapons, then going to the teleport. When they arrived and saw the door's size Drakath said, "Yeah, it's definitely the boss room. But, why is it so close?" He pushed on the large door, "It won't open!" he turned around, "Maybe it's on a timer." Sakurza suggested. They both received a message from someone named Devon. It said to meet in front ofthe boss room at 1:00 P.M. "Okay then, let's kill time by doing the quests." Drakath said, "Yeah sure." Sakurza agreed. They walked to the teleport gate, "Teleport - Town of Beginnings!" They were engulfed in a blue flash as they were teleported to their destination. After they exited the teleport gate, they went to the bulletin board and accepted all of the quests on it. They went back and teleported to Floor 2 –Urbus. When they arrived, they ran around town looking for kids. After giving 5 kids presents, they sprinted to The Lone Tree, and saw Rudolph being attackedby 5 Salamander Warriors and 5 Tauros. "Well that's convenient…" Drakath dashed forward, chopped a warrior's leg off, kicked the off of the next one's face, performing a Flying Swallow to slice of two warriors' heads. He looked back and saw them explode into polygons. "Switch!" Drakath said, jumping back. Sakurzadashed forward and performed a Guillotine Throw on a Tauros. It flew into a Salamander Warrior. She kicked another Tauros behind it as it fell and the salamander's weapon impaled it. In response, another Tauros tackled her whenthe 3 exploded into polygons, "Switch!" she yelled struggling. The last warrior attacked. Drakath dodged under it and stabbed the salamander in the chin. Sakurza stabbed the Tauros in the side of its head and kicked it off of her. When she stood up, the last 2 Tauros charged at Drakath and Sakurza. When the Tauros jumped, they side stepped and Drakath held his sword to the right and Sakurza held hers to the left. The Tauros flew through their swords and they both burst into polygons. Drakath looked at Sakurza, "You know, when we went to the starting town, I forgot you were left handed." he said, "I rarely see other left handed players." Sakurza mentioned as she leveled up. The two heard anoise, "Oh yeah, Rudolph." They added the reindeer to their party, "Wait. Wasn't Rudolph supposed to be inside of the dungeon near here?" Drakath wondered. "Yeah, he probably just wandered out while we were helping Santa."Sakurza assumed. "I think you're right. By the way, I got the armor drops."Drakath stated, "I got the Tauros horns, so that's 3 quests down, 2 to go." Sakurza looked toward the dungeon and saw a man waving. Assuming he was an NPC, "I guess that's Oliver." she said, pointing to the dungeon. They walked over to him and added him to their party. Oliver began blabbering on about waiting and his wife Claris as the group walked down the dungeon's stairs at the entrance. "Please, be quiet." Drakath said, shushing him. "We should be glad Kayaba didn't give Rudolph the ability to talk. He can only make his signature noise." Sakurza said, "The talking that very few people care about is the worst part about these escort quests." Drakath complained, "Agreed." They continued traveling through the dungeon, checking everywhere for enemies and Claris. It was unusually empty, "Someone must've been through here recently." Drakath said. Oliver sprinted past Drakath and Sakurza. They looked forward, "Claris!" he yelled. "Oliver wait!" Sakurza yelled as they heard wolves howling. A wolf dashed at full speed out of the darkness and tackled Oliver. Some boars ran at Oliver as the wolf's pack surrounded him. They growled, making the boars go after Claris. "Great, I'll get Claris and you get Oliver." Drakath ran and pushed Claris away, taking her place. Drawing his sword, he crouched down and very quickly spun in a circle, killing them and leveling him up. Sakurza drew her sword and stabbed the wolf on Oliver, howling before it died. The rest ofthe wolves charged at her. She sliced apart every wolf that leaped at her, helping up Oliver after they died. "Next time don't run off." she said, turning back. When they got back to the starting town, they walked to the bulletin board and turned in the quests, making their color cursors green again. After that they went to the marketplace to sell the quest rewards that they didn't want/need. They kept the turkeys and potions. They looked through the shops for something to buy, but to their disappointment, they didn't find anything to buy that was worth it. "Now what?" Sakurza asked, thinking of something to do. It was a little before 7:00. "I don't know, I can't think of anything." Drakath disappointedly said. They sat against a wall for a while trying to think of something to do, until Sakurza got an idea, "Maybe we should duel." she said, "Why?" Drakath asked, "I don't know. It'll kill time and it might be fun." she said, "Ok, but where?" he asked, standing up, "How about the center of town? It's spacious." she replied, "Alright let's go." Drakath agreed shrugging. They walked to the center of town. Drakath sent a duel request to Sakurza. She accepted it and set the duel to First Strike Mode. The 60 second countdown timer started and the duel information appeared. They stood 10 meters away from each other as people crowded around. They entered their stances in the last 10 seconds, hearing murmurs of "She's left handed?" and "Who are they?" from the crowd. Everyone went silent as the clock hit 0 with an electronic ding sound.

Drakath was the first to dash forward with unbelievable speed. They both performed an upward curving diagonal slash. Their swords clashed sending both of their swords back. Drakath immediately got into a blocking position, with his sword diagonally across his torso. He blocked 5 of Sakurza's attacks before she did a leg sweep with her sword. Drakath flipped back to dodge swinging his sword down just before he landed. Sakurza leaned far to the left while delaying the attack. She jumped to the right hitting his sword. When Drakath's arm was thrown back from the impact, Sakurza stabbed at him, but he just barely managed to dodge it. They put some distance between each other, before running at each other. Someone started sprinting through the crowd, presumably rushing to get somewhere and unaware of the duel, they burst out of the crowd and stopped between Drakath and Sakurza with a shocked expression. They looked at Drakath. Sakurza and Drakath kept running. Drakath flipped onto and jumped off of the players shoulders. Sakurza looked up and saw Drakath's sword. Just as he dashed diagonally down at her, she slid under him dodging his flying swallow. A smirk appeared on her face as the crowd cheered, amazed at her dodge. The player continued running to wherever they were going after the two stood up and turned around. Drakath and Sakurza ran at each other again. Drakath blocked Sakurza's diagonal attack and pushed her sword back. They continued to attack so quickly that there wasn't a pause until they practically disappeared in the sparks caused from their swords clashing. Drakath jumped up, spun around to increase speed and kicked at Sakurza, but at the same time she crouched down, stuck her leg out, and spun around as fast as she could in an attempt to sweep Drakath's legs. This caused them to unintentionally dodge each other's attacks,kicking up dust. Sakurza performed an upward slash when Drakath landed. Drakath dashed forward, rolling over Sakurza's back as she attacked and swung his sword backwards as he landed. His sword cut Sakurza's back from her left hip to her right shoulder, causing Drakath to win the duel as Sakurza fell over. Drakath held his position as the ending duel information appeared,

Winner-Drakath Loser-Sakurza
    Time=1:25

Drakath looked back and fell into a sitting position as the crowd cheered. The people here must really like duels, he thought while catching his breath. Sakurza rolled onto her back and looked at the sky. Drakath looked around at the slowly quieting crowd and stood up. Sakurza pulled herself up, sheathed her sword and put her hands in her lap. "Good duel. I think that's the dueling version of good game." Sakurza looked up and saw Drakath extending his hand. She grabbed it and helped herself up. "I've got an idea for something else we could do." Drakath said, "You want to see what happened to or what is left of Zaxemira's secret place?" he asked. "Yeah sure." Sakurza paused, "Speaking of which, how did we survive that fall when the floor collapsed? We had almost no health left." Drakath took a second to think, "I have no idea. We passed out before hitting the bottom. Maybe we hit something on the way down? But that doesn't help explain how or why we survived. If anything, that would only give more reason for us to die." They thought about this for a long time before walking to the teleport gate and going to Floor 3 - The Forest of Wavering Mist.
    Drakath and Sakurza appeared from the teleport, "So, where was the pit?" Sakurza asked, "I think it was," Drakath paused, "Actually I don't remember. I didn't check my map, and the guy who toldme about it was pulled into some bushes and killed." Drakath said, "I guess Zaxemira didn't want anyone to find her hideout. I guess we'll just have to look around." Sakurza said. Drakath sighed, "Wandering in the Forest of Wavering Mist…" and that they did, for about an hour. It was almost eight o'clock.S eeing lots and lots of Salamander Warriors and Mantis Knights walking around something, Drakath said, "This is the pit. Wanna fight those things?" "Don't we already have enough if not too much money? We're probably richer than that guy Ryuusa, and he owns a store for crying out loud. There's no reason to fight them other than getting XP." Sakurza said, getting clearly upset. "And these are all bad things why?" Drakath asked, "Let's see. Being rich means attention, which we don't like, and if the wrong person finds out we'll become assassination targets. Being the highest level players, which we aren't but probably will be if we fight these things, comes with pretty much the same problems. Do you really want to deal with that?" she argued, "No, but if we level up we'll be able to get better gear, spending money, and we'll be able to defend ourselves, stopping assassinations, and we also don't have to tell anyone about our level or Col." Drakath countered. Unable to come up with a better argument, Sakurza felt that she lost yet another disagreement. "The thing is, we don't necessarily have to fight them. So, if you don't want to fight,then we just won't fight them." Drakath smiled. Sakurza confused, annoyed, and angry, looked up at Drakath. Seeing her facial expression, his smile disappeared, taken over by fear. Sakurza raised a fist, and as her left forearm down glowed blood red, "You're an asshole!" She punched Drakath.

Drakath's yell could be heard from the other side of the floor. He slowly fell over, quieting his yell. The punch removed 80% of his HP, crippling his left arm, and completely defying Sakurza's STR perimeter. In the dirt on his side and holding his arm, Drakath looked up and saw Sakurza raising her fist again, turning blood red. Drakath raised his right hand, curled up into a ball, turn his head, closed his eyes and apologized," I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry! I'm Sorry!" he yelled quickly and dearly while letting out a little whimper at the end, knowing the next punch would kill him. Hearing the glowing sound stop, Drakath looked up and opened his eyes. Sakurza loweredher arm and Drakath relaxed against a tree. Holding his arm, he looked at the large, pixelated red mark on it. Seeing the small red pixels slowly floating upward from his arm, "I should hit you again. That took off a quarter of myhealth and broke my hand." Sakurza mentioned. Drakath didn't say anything, he just groaned in pain. She looked under her HP bar, shocked at how much damage was dealt to him. Oh god, I almost killed him, she thought. She looked back at Drakath. Starting to feel a little bad, seeing how much pain he was in. also realizing how long the crippledbroken status took to wear off, she crouched down in front of him and handed him a potion. He looked up nervously, "Take it, I insist." Drakath cautiously drank it, watching Sakurza as he finished the bottle. He set the bottle downand said, "Um…Thanks," as it shattered. There was a long silence before Drakath stood up, "You know what? Let's not fight them." Sakurza stood up, "I mean cause both of us have the crippled/broken status. And," There was a rustle inthe nearby bushes, "What was that?" he wondered, quickly looking around. Sakurza responded, "I don't kn-" After 2 extremely quick, bright green, beam-like flashes, Drakath and Sakurza both fell over.

Sakurza's face was uncomfortably furry when she woke up. There was a squirrel on her face. "Ah!" she yelled, throwing the squirrel and startling Drakath. "Wha- What happened?" he asked after rolling over and sitting up, "Nothing," Sakurza rubbed her eyes, and Drakath brushed the dirt off his face. "When did we fall asleep?" He looked at his HP bar and hurriedly drank a few potions, What? She looked at their health. Oh, that's why. "I think we were attacked." Drakath said as Sakurza finished a potion, "It was probably Zaxemira. She might not have been able to finish the job for some reason." Sakurza said, "Seeing as how there are salamander and mantis footprints everywhere, she probably got the monsters' attention. Anyway, the good thing is that we're still alive," Drakath said before looking at his clock, "Uh-oh, it's 12:56. We're almost late for the boss." They both stood up, "We better get going then." Sakurza said. They ran as fast as they could to the teleport gate. They managed to get to floor 5 with under 1 minute left. After the player named Devon finished his speech, the group opened the boss room door. Drakath and Sakurza readied their weapons, "Here we go…"

Last edited:
    Years
  • Aria
    Lvl. 13 | Exp. 8% | HP. 78% | Col. 1810
    Floor 2 - Urbus

The shopkeeper made a few gestures, clearly sifting through some menus invisible to Aria, before a list of over a dozen items appeared between the two. No sooner had she started to peruse the list than he started eagerly explaining the workings of this particular store. It sounded a bit more elaborate than most, but still sound: they bought and sold, upgraded, had occasional "specialty" items, and did reservations for a down-payment.

Which was good for her, because just a plate cuirass would eat up most of her funds.

The price for playing things safe and only going out to the field once in a while, she supposed. She could, of course, just go for one of the cheaper sets, but in this sort of place, why would she bother with sup-optimal protection that would need eventual upgrades, anyway? And, glancing briefly into the status window of each item up for sale, It became clear that a full set of plate mail would put her head and shoulders above her current position and last her quite a long time.

Funny thing about the economics of this world: she felt much less reserved about putting down most of her savings on a few items (an effect which she had vaguely observed in others); the basic needs were much fewer, bills nonexistent, the list went on. It was strangely freeing to have her accounts be so very simple.

Before her mind could wander far enough to wonder about the horrendous state of her banking affairs in her several months away, her accountant mind went straight through to punching numbers on how much she might be able to afford right this second. Assuming that she were to reserve whatever she couldn't walk away with, it came down to... basically, just the breastplate or just everything else, since the the pricing worked out such that the two were equal. And that would take her down to a two-digit bank reserve. Ugh.

Thinking quickly to her other assets, Aria quickly dropped all of the extraneous Salamander armor and other assorted materials she had accrued during the morning hours into a window, then popped over her current tin breastplate, as well.

Presenting the whole window as an offer to the attendant, she suggested, "I'll take the steel-plate cuirass for now, put down for the rest of the set, and offer you this in exchange. What might the pricing for that look like?" Taking a second to make some judgements of his own, the boy agreeably listed a figure. About what she would expect as the market price, if not very slightly better.

The two shook, and the deal was done. The best piece of armor Aria had yet owned and the promise of more, in exchange for... well, most of her inventory. As she walked away, it almost pained her to check the numbers on her display.

Col.

...well, that was a bit of a disappointing number. Enough to subsist on, certainly, but not as freely replenish her healing items nor to afford any other equipment until she paid off the other thousand-something col. Which was fine, since that was more of an investment in the market of not-getting-run-though-with-a-blade. Best to collect on it sooner rather than later, then.

With Urbus sliding into the realm of "old news" nowadays, most of the warriors strong enough to handle things on the third floor and above had moved on, leaving chiefly a thin crowd of those only partially-seasoned or merely passing through. Aria swiftly made herself part of the latter crowd and made a line for the portal to return to Lobria.

According to the notice someone had sent out this morning (honestly, who was being permitted to put everyone on their mailing list?), the more confident or foolhardy sort were already likely making their move on the Boss' chamber one floor above. The presumably more reasonable sort left over, then, might be willing to use this time to take advantage of the more empty hunting grounds. As wonderful a time as any to join some outgoing party and regain some of the day's expenses, then.

Spending another few precious col on a club sandwich from a street vendor, Aria took up a spot on one of the benches near the edge of the square in which the Lobria floor portal stood. Sooner or later, she figured, either she would be approached or some opportunity would present itself. Until then, lunch.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Boss fight!!!

images

The Ghastlygaze, lvl 25
    HP: 15000 (Three health bars)

Many players started entering the large yet dangerous room. In front of them was this monster that looked like it was just an eye but as soon as one player stepped closer, he showed off his tentacles and desperately started covering his weak spots. The big mouths on the end of his tentacles weren't going to let them just pass and started biting anything within their reach.

"Don't team up! This boss can only be defeated when the attacks aren't in order. Let's confuse him!" Devon shouted to encourage everyone. Soon after that... the fight started. What no one noticed was that their attacks didn't do much and only took less than 50 HP every time.

"Ready? GO!"

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

• izaya_orihara_signature_by_myelia-d6qlmeo.png

"Normality."
    HP : 100% - Exp: 26% - Col: 2475
    The Lotus Inn

"Heh heh... I promise..."

She had tried to hide it but it was clear that the girls face was red. It was a normal reaction to having ones mistake pointed out to them, so he wasn't all that surprised by it. Still it did make an eyebrow raise and a slight grin creep across his face. If he was a normal human he would have found such a thing cute he realized. But he wasn't normal, by any stretch of the imagination and so Vanish felt a sinking feeling of disgust at the simplest and most innocent of gestures. He took a sip of the hot drink in front of him, to prevent a grimace from spreading across his face.

An awkward silence then occurred as Lacy mentioned her sleeping habits, well Vanish was sure that it was at least awkward for Lacy. He himself was so used to the quiet that even in situations with others it did not bother him. When a peep was made to disrupt his silence he usually put an end to it in fact. However this was not "his" silence, but the silence of two individuals with nothing to say. The psychopathic Vanish still needing a moment or two to disguise his disgust at this girls normality. She played with her hair so idly... spoke about her average sleeping routine, yet she was somehow baffled about how latent thoughts kept her awake in the night. Had she no idea of how the mind worked? Of course the troubling things of life would keep her awake. He had a strange interest in this girl, the type that made him long to hear her scream, but apart from that he couldn't help but pay attention to the fact that she was still a normal girl. Still, he had to pay attention and use her correctly. She would no doubt lead him to his target, the killer of the new boss. She didn't yet, but she would come to trust him if he played the long game. Even if his intrigue was combated by her painful normality, he would become a shadow to follow her and slaughter those whom he pleased. It was necessity for him now. He needed this.

He snapped from his idle thoughts as Lacy asked him a question. What had she said...? His own sleeping? 'I don't sleep at all.' Was the initial reaction that came to his mind, however, even if that was more odd rather than sinister it probably wouldn't be prudent for Lacy to think anything less of him than a nice, ordinary and maybe even kind individual. Too many hints of eccentricity would make her more suspicious of him than she needed to be and that was the last thing he needed. So he just wore his pleasant smile and scratched the back of his head awkwardly, like a normal young man would do and replied pleasantly and in a fairly average fashion. Once again, the normality of it all making him sick to the stomach.

"Haha... I suppose you could say I'm a bit of an early riser. Either way I haven't been here that long. A few minutes at most. He nodded gently and polished off his drink before creasing his eyes ever so slightly, the emotion of slight concern forming flawlessly into his facade expression.

"Well hey I know we hardly know each other and all... but I've been told I'm a great listener. I also know that it's best to talk about things if they're bothering you." He glanced at her gently and met her gaze momentarily. "If you're okay with it, why not tell me what it is that's bothering you? Making sleep an issue?"

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Kagome & Apathy
    Lv. 17 & Lv. 13||Floor 5 - Boss Room

Kagome smiled and looked at her sister from the side. "'Don't team up,' he says. Looks like they haven't met us, huh?" She chuckled and looked back at the mass of other players. Apathy looked at Kagome out of the corner of her eye. "Having said that, I don't plan on losing my head here. Let's go about this the same as always."

Apathy looked back at the others. "Right. It's a gorgon this time, you think it'll turn us to stone? Is there even a petrified status effect?"

Kagome raised her hand to her chin. "I don't think so...but then again, this is only the fifth floor. It wouldn't be surprising if a new aspect of the game was introduced at the beginning." She moved her hand to her hip. "That said, we don't have anything to alleviate that, so you're gonna have to be careful." Apathy nodded, and after a few moments of silence Kagome spoke again. "Actually...we've yet to see if that will be a problem. Unlike traditional gorgon, this thing doesn't seem to have eyes on its tentacle-like appendages, and usually that's the way in which a gorgon will scare its foes. As such, we'll use the others as tests before going in." Completely aware of how inhumane her statement was, Kagome avoided her sister's gaze and continued onward. "We won't let them die, of course- or rather, you won't. Your Sword Arts are far more suited to protecting others than mine are. It may be best if you stay with the others, providing aid. I'll mostly be on my own."

Apathy scoffed. "That sounds selfish. I take care of other perfectly capable players while you get to put yourself in danger and have all the fun." Kagome moved in to retort, but Apathy cut her off. "Anyway, let's get going. I don't think we have to worry about that possibility. The boss protects its eye, so what's important is that we get rid of the tentacles and strike." She started walking forward, drawing her sword. "I know that you won't be able to handle all of its attacks on your own, so stop being a dumbass and c'mon." Kagome sighed. Apathy wasn't wrong in her assessment of the boss, but Kagome was irritated at her "take charge" attitude. She was putting Kagome over the safety of the others, despite he fact that Kagome was quite confident in her own abilities and had seen first hand how simple it was for those on the frontline to be killed. With that said, it was likely Apathy knew that as well.

The two quickly made for the boss's side, and immediately they gained the attention of the boss's tendrils. Apathy turned to her sister and said, "Nat, we'll fight as one. You be the sword and I'll be the shield." Kagome nodded, completely aware of what this entailed, and she quickly took to her sister's side. As if on cue, The Ghastlygaze's appendages started launched towards the two. This was no problem, however, as there were enough fighters on the front lines that very little attention could be given to the two, and they'd devised a strategy that would, at least for a short time, render them completely invulnerable. While Kagome drew the appendages' attention and dealt damage, Apathy used Megiddo (a parry sword art) and Empty Sky (A skyward uppercut sword art that can be used for countering) to repel oncoming attacks. It was through this means of taking advantage of Sword Art Online's Switch mechanic that Kagome would then come back to deal even more damage. With this, their assault had begun.

Last edited:

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • NyBBOW6.jpg

Robin - Lvl 13
    Floor 5: Boss Room
    HP: 100% - EXP: 87% - Col: 6148

Spoiler:

Everyone was piling into the boss room, the space around getting smaller with every player coming in. Once everyone was inside, the door behind them closed, & the room lit up. In the middle of the room was a huge eyeball with attached tentacles. It's name was the Ghastlygaze. It's HP bars came up. According to Robin's time during the beta test, with Devon's information about the boss, taking down it's HP would soon become a hassle. "I wonder if there's anything different about this boss..."

Robin would be taking the front lines in order to take out & distract the tentacles. He starts with <<Beautiful Luna>>, slicing down at one of the tentacles, hoping to get its attention. Robin noticed the HP bar of that tentacle didn't lose much pixel, worrying him. "Are we really able to handle this...?" Robin did his best to avoid the small mouths, the teeth as sharp as needles. He deflected any mouth by putting his sword in the way, always backing away after to recover stamina. Why wouldn't these HP bars go down more? Something was wrong here. If Robin can't figure it out, someone better. For now, he bides his time keeping these tentacles busy, at the same time trying to keep the other players safe.

(Drakath)

The Champion of Chaos
    Years
  • Drakath- Level 16 - Exp 73% - 21,293 Col - Floor 5 – Boss Room

They walked in and The Ghastlygaze was the only thing in the room. Confuse him. Alright then, "Sakurza, I know he said not to team up, but let's do it anyway, just with less coordination." Drakath said. She nodded in response. They ran around it, cutting each tentacle they dodged. Drakath noticed that each attack had a damage of 50 or less. Only 50? I know I can do more? He attacked a few more tentacles, Fine then, if I can't do more damage, I'll just attack faster instead, "Sakurza, charge its eye." he said, "Are you crazy? That's a death wish!" she yelled, "That's the point!" he said with a smirk while avoiding attacks. They both charged andwere almost in range when it shielded its eye with a few tentacles. Perfect. Drakath and Sakurza attacked as fast as they could, avoiding the teeth of the protecting tentacles. Some tentacles stretched out behind them to counter. Sakurza noticed, so she stopped attacking and held them off for Drakath. "I can see how this increases our DPS, which is good, but the way we're going about it is stupid!" she said. It stretched all of its tentacles across the room, attacking everyone. One of them hit Drakath and Sakurza in a whip-like motion, throwing both of them into the wall. Drakath was barely managing to muster up the breath to speak (and breathe), "Yep, it's stupid."

Sakurza - Level 15 - Exp 97% - 19,064 Col - Floor 5 – Boss Room

Kira_Ninja.jpg

Sakurza stood up, "Told you." She looked at Drakath, "Hey, get up! The boss isn't gonna kill itself." Drakath was stuck, "I can't move, I'm paralyzed. One of them must've bit me." he said. Sakurza sighed and shook her head, Unbelievable. "That's your fault. My turn," she said, running off. She started circling the boss, avoiding its tentacles along the way and serving as a quick distraction. She jumped between The Ghastlygaze's tentacles, cutting each one twice before jumping to the next, and jumped on top of it. She repeatedly stabbed it and jumped off when one of them thrusted at her. Unfortunately the tentacle managed to bite her foot and it tossed her back at Drakath. His paralysis had almost worn off, "And that's your fault." He said, snickering. Shut up, she thought. Sakurza checked The Ghastlygaze's HP, "Oh, come on! We barely damaged it."

Back