• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The future of Pokemon generation games- what do you want to see?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Somebody said it earlier, but as a way to not overwhelm the player with like 500+ pokemon in the 7th gen region pokedex they could split the pokemon between each version and then have the pokemon that weren't available in your version during the story appear somewhere like the friend safari postgame.

That way they're exclusive...but only during the story. They can still have a few completely exclusive pokemon.

I do feel they could do some more interesting things with the system clock too, like having different trainers appearing on routes depending on the time of day. I liked what they did with that town in Unova where they all went inside at night. I'd like to see more of that in future.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
A remake of Yellow on the DS and a new Pokemon game on the Wii U. I would love that and since it's on the Wii U they could put a lot more in the game.
No idea if there are any other Pokemon Games for the Wii U. I feel like there are, but I've never had one, so I don't keep track. I hope that if a new Pokemon game was released for it, that i wouldn't want it. I've always, always, ALWAYS, been a handheld/ pocket console follower (outside of the GameCube)

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
All I ask for are two things:

1) The nurse in the Pokemon Centre to be able to tell when your team is fully healed, and so instead of asking if you want to heal them again, just say "Have a nice day." to allow quicker exiting of chat.
2) Put the old Pokemon games, maybe up to Gen 3, on the 3DS eShop? Surely it would make a bundle of money, sell RBY/GSC for £1.99, RSE for £2.99 each? Would make a bundle of money, which could be reinvested into the obvious: Creating real Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
All I ask for are two things:

1) The nurse in the Pokemon Centre to be able to tell when your team is fully healed, and so instead of asking if you want to heal them again, just say "Have a nice day." to allow quicker exiting of chat.
2) Put the old Pokemon games, maybe up to Gen 3, on the 3DS eShop? Surely it would make a bundle of money, sell RBY/GSC for £1.99, RSE for £2.99 each? Would make a bundle of money, which could be reinvested into the obvious: Creating real Pokemon.
why would you even talk to her if your Pokemon are fully healed? I don't see why they'd need that to be a feature.
I've been itching for a gen 1-3 re-release in a box set (reformatted, of course, for DS play), like they do with anime or tv series.

Beyond Infinity

Couldn't Outfox a Donkey
Years
why would you even talk to her if your Pokemon are fully healed? I don't see why they'd need that to be a feature.
I've been itching for a gen 1-3 re-release in a box set (reformatted, of course, for DS play), like they do with anime or tv series.
Well, if you're healing and you accidentally press A once it's done, you start the conversation again and need to go through her text and reject her offer.

I am a man of simple tastes, and that would satisfy me.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2016
I think it's time for pokedex entries to be longer than a sentence or two. You could still hit the 'B' button to skip it if you weren't interested in the paragraph about habitats, diets, and behaviors.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
This might seem like a trivial detail to some people, but walking Pokemon.
I loved that in HG/SS (and Yellow, I suppose). There were so many features added in X/Y just for aesthetic reasons, I was surprised walking Pokemon didn't make a comeback.

I suppose there are complications, the X/Y world is supposed to look more realistic and to scale - imagine what walking with your Wailmer or something would look it. Still, I hope they find a way to implement it in future games. :)

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
This might seem like a trivial detail to some people, but walking Pokemon.
I loved that in HG/SS (and Yellow, I suppose). There were so many features added in X/Y just for aesthetic reasons, I was surprised walking Pokemon didn't make a comeback.

I suppose there are complications, the X/Y world is supposed to look more realistic and to scale - imagine what walking with your Wailmer or something would look it. Still, I hope they find a way to implement it in future games. :)
Heh. Having your poke' pals walk behind you was something I remember enjoying since the days of Yellow. I was glad that feature came back in HG/ SS. I would've gladly traded some useless feature in X & Y, like the PR videos, to have your pokemon stalk you again. XD
I'd die, having an adorable little Espurr or Sylveon stalk me everywhere. Just, omg.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 8, 2014
What would you like to see in the next game(s)?

Personally, I'd love for the animations when pokemon enters or exits battle to be more like the anime, with the white light when they come out of the pokeball and the red light when they return. I would also like if it was possible to evolve mid-battle.

Caiustheblack

Breeder for the sake of it.
Years
And Freely roaming pokemon from your team like in HG and SS would be cool.
And replacing rollerskates with the old speedbike+trickbike combo would be awesome.
Personally, i dislike also the way the camera moves in lumiose :)

JDJ

Vulpix Breeder, Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Age 31
  • NH
  • Seen Nov 19, 2015
That evolving mid battle idea is awesome! And to commend on the color of the pokeball mechanics... it would be really cool to add a legacy mode after you beat the game where you could swap out game aesthetics to match the orginal manga, pokemon adventures, the anime, pokemon stadium etc. A HUGE stretch i know but one can dream. I would expect though that by next christmas or maybe even the summer after that to see Pokemon Z will a vastly expanded post-game, a storyline revolving around zygarde, and of course the improved visuals, features, and potentially that wierd gym leader/champion swap thing they've been known to do.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2014
The evolving mid battle wouldn't work so well with pokemon that change typings though (like Charizard). Thats probably why they didn't do it.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
Years
  • Age 35
  • US
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
1) Some sort of overarching continuity like Red/Blue and Gold/Silver had.
I don't know how or with which region, but it would be really cool to earn 16 badges again (or maybe more) and have a bit of continuation with the story. Black/White just rehashed the same region for the sequels so it's not the same thing.

2) Cameos!
As far as I can tell the current gen has none. I'd love to be able to speak with and challenge old faces like Cynthia/Lance/Steven/Red etc. etc. I'm a bit disappointed they couldn't be bothered to put in at least one, to be honest, especially considering how many there were in Black2/White2.

3) A rival that isn't a robot.
Why not make a character with an interesting backstory that is actually competitive in nature instead of just wanting to be your friend and have friendly battles for the sake of friendship and friends? The rivals in the first 2 gens were interesting and fleshed out, particularly Silver, so I wonder why Game Freak couldn't have been bothered to write up something new instead of following this lame pattern.

4) Getting rid of HMs.
They're so tired now. This is the first game where I've actually wanted 6 Pokemon on my team (usually only have 3-4) but I couldn't because I had to carry around an HM slave. What's even worse is that there are more than 4 HMs and I can't think of any Pokemon that can learn all the important ones at once (Surf/Fly/Strength/Cut) so you have to go hit up your box a lot or be forced to carry 2 useless Pokemon. These have got to become items or something.

5) A more organised bag.
The bag in HeartGold/SoulSilver with all the pockets was perfect (Battle Items, Balls, etc.). Why did they stuff everything into one pocket and then on top of that make it some long drop down list? It's frustrating to have to look for anything now, and the sorting options don't remedy this. The old system was perfect and clean, I have no idea why they decided to change it and make it worse.

6) Running without holding B!

That's about all I can think of off the top of my head. A lot of these ideas are coming from what I liked about HeartGold (best game everrrrr) so I know Game Freak is capable of it.

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
The only thing I would like to see .... more clothing! Fancier clothing! Seasonal outfits! Especially dresses, also hats that are less ... well just less. A tiara would be cool too. More bike colors as well. The ability to cast mega evos in the PR vids. Custom PR video captions, or a lot more to choose from. Also stereoscopic through the whole thing, or not at all. I'm tired of having to turn it off for Pokemon because the switching between the stereoscopic 3D and the flat rendering gives me a headache.

Did I mention more clothing?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Online now
I'd really like to have event Pokemon being catchable ingame. New Gen Pokemon I don't see to much of a problem with still being event Pokemon (like the three unreleased gen 6 Pokemon) but at least more and more of the old ones should be catchable. The main reason is simply that there are so many legendaries that some of them get lost, be it to not being transfered to the next gen, getting no more events, or because they are wearing a Classic Ribbon preventing players from getting them through the GTS.
Otherwise it would end up in only competetive battlers and hardcore collectors having those pokemon who wouldn't even think about parting with them. That would mean the only possible way to get those Pokemon would be through hacking/cheating which many people dislike (including Nintendo/GF).

Years
LONG HAIR FOR MEN!!!!!!!
A pokemon that follows you, and I think one of the most important things is a freaking organized bag. Is it too much to ask?

Last edited:

Zero Percent

Loading... Please wait
Years
More interesting gym battles. Ones with some sort of strategy, and with more than three pokemon. Also, on the topic of gyms, I'd like the gym leaders and elite for to sort of 'help' you defeat the evil group (Sort of like Black/White. That was great). I mean, you're some of the most powerful trainers and you leave it up to a kid?

White Raven

Working on The Mysterious Meteorite
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 1, 2015
Better minigames.
What exactly is Pokemon Musical?
BRING BACK CONTESTS AND POKEATHALON!!!!!!! And Leaves!!!!! I LOVED LEAVES!!!!! You walk and walk and walk and walk and walk for hours trying to find one. I hate how the leaves data was deleted in Gen five. Can't they just keep it? Like in the background? I SPENT A F****** 4 HOURS ON ONE DAMN LEAF!!!!!!!! Have some consideration, Nintendo!
The Poffin making, OMERGURD. THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! The Pokeblock ? EVEN BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡

Last edited:
Back