• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Error when walking onto a map

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
Years
  • It only happens on one of my maps (that I can tell).
    Sometimes when I walk onto the map this error will pop up

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokemonField:1450
    PokemonField:1447:in `call'
    PBEvent:54:in `trigger'
    PBEvent:49:in `each'
    PBEvent:49:in `trigger'
    Game_Character_2:67:in `update_move'
    Game_Character_2:6:in `update_old2'
    Walk_Run:92:in `update'
    Game_Event_:249:in `update'
    Game_Map_:349:in `update'

It's getting kind of annoying and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Harvey_Create

Pokemon Apex Team Member
    Years
  • Umm, I am thinking its an Event. One of them on the map you are going to is messed up. Make sure none of the Events are Parallel Processing, or having any loops and conflicting parts in it. I always get the same basic eror when I parallel process

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I think I may know this error, one of your events has a tileset as a graphic that no longer exists (either the tileset was changed or something) aside from that, I'd say to look over all your events

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
  • Umm, I am thinking its an Event. One of them on the map you are going to is messed up. Make sure none of the Events are Parallel Processing, or having any loops and conflicting parts in it. I always get the same basic eror when I parallel process

You can have parallel process events on any map? Autorun are the tricky ones. You can't have more than one unless they are temp and such.
    ie: if on event; time expired; etc

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
    Years
  • The only events on the map are door events and two regular NPCs.
    There aren't any autorun/parallel process events (beside the second page of the door events).

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    This may be another case of out-of-range tiles caused by switching from a longer tileset to a shorter one. Check your map for supposedly blank tiles but which, when you right-click them, don't select the top left blank tile in the tileset - these are your problem tiles and need to be drawn over using aforementioned top left blank tile.

An easy way to do this is to use the Flood Fill tool to fill in all blank tiles with a "junk" tile, and then fill in all those junk tiles with the top left blank tile.

Deoxysomega314

And Egg
    Years
  • Unless they're hiding from me, there aren't any blank tiles on the map. :/
    I've used the same tileset for all the maps nearby too and they all seem to be fine.

thor348

That's Oak to You
    Years
  • I've had a situation like this before but a little different. I used the same variable as the pokéball icons in the pokéCenter for another event in the out door map and whenever I went inside my game would crash. It mentions PBEvents and Game_Maps and Game_Events. Check those

Back