• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ohai.

Years
  • Greetings and salutations. I joined PC a few weeks ago.

A little about me: I've been playing Pokémon for years; I still have Red and Blue stashed away in a box with my purple GameBoy Color. I'm also in my 30s and a mom. Battling and trading Pokémon with my daughter is one thing we love to do together. I'm currently trying to figure out the IV/EV thing, as I never heard of it until recently. Finally, I'm a total nerd regarding anime, but I'm picky. My favorites are Rurouni Kenshin, Ah! My Goddess, Kare Kano and I have a special place in my heart for Inuyasha.

Anyhoo, I hope I'm not one of the only 'old' Pokémon players around. Have a good one.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • Oh my gosh... Your'e a mom?
    *faints*
    lol,you won't find many moms, but you sure will find some vets!I suggest you and your daughter check out the Wi-fi section, you'll find all your IVing,EVing,Trading and even battling!Read the rules(but you should know that)
    and have fun!
    ~RulerArceus

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Welcome to PC, Ramuné!

There are quite a lot older pokémon fans around here, but most of them I know are in their twenties. Age doesn't really matter here anyways, but it's cool to know Pokémon can attract people of all kinds.

Red and Blue will become (are already?) artifacts to never throw away <3 (and I only had Yellow version.....).

I don't watch too much anime, but many on PC do :) I love Inuyasha though, it really is a great anime!

So, read the rules, browse the forum and I'm sure you'll find several places you'd like to chat in. For instance people in the current generation section can probably help you figure out that IV/EV thing.

See you around~

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
  • Oh hai!

Yup! Like everyone else, they too have played pokemon for years. <3 My GameBoy Color was Greenish-Blue, however. So, your a mother? That's really nice. <3 I wish my mother was like you; liking the same things that I do; battiling ang trading together. <3 That must be very fun for the both of you. <3

I'm not as picky with anime; I just enjoy some that are funny, and some that have full of action. <3 My faovurites are Soul Eater, Inuyasha [which is actully pretty cool BTW!], Gureen [can't say the full name; too lazy to remember. =P] and other things! The list goes on. <3 Lets see...the Prinny Squad will show you the Japenese Entertainment board (which instead I just showed because Prinnies are really lazy! D=) where you can discuss anime that isn't pokemon. :3 And other things; like manga, Japanese music, and movies. Well anyway, I agree that age is juuuuust a number; pokemon is just fun for everyone. <3

So yeah, welcome again; if you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask a moderator! Have a nice time. :3

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Hey there Ramuné. Welcome to the PokeCommunity.
    Wow you're a mom? Well, PC's welcome to all ages.

You should check out the Japanese Entertainment forum to discuss anime and the sort.

I hope you enjoy your time here at PC, and have fun at our community.
    So read the rules of the forums you post in, and if you need any help just ask a staff member.

Years
  • Nice!

Welcome to PC. Im still kinda new as well but had to comment on this one the fact your a mother in your 30's still liking Pokemon is EPIC!! I hope i still enjoy Pokemon as i get older (Which from the looks of it I will lol).

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
  • Hi. Age doesn't matter here, but I'm glad to see even grownups like Pokemon! (Totally different from my parents: "What's that funny looking electronic schwizzamajig ya got there?" "It's a DS mom, I told you a million times." "Then what are you playing?" "I'm playing SoulSilver, a Pokemon game." "Oh, not those stupid Pokemon creatures again! I can never understand a word you say when you talk about Pokemon. All those fancy terms, like attacking, moves, IVs..." *walks away still mumbling* "bla bla bla...")
    Sorry. I ramble a lot. So, yeah. Welcome to PC. It's a really cool place here, and everyone's nice. Feel free to look around a bit, like in that Japanese Entertainment section other members have talked about. Glad to see you here!

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
  • I wish my mother had any idea about electronics. Your daughter is very lucky. Anyway, it's nice to see grownups in the community, I believe you will find yourself at home here. As others have said, age does not really matter, everybody is welcome, so welcome to the Pokecommunity!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Being a mum must be really tough, but it's cool to see members who are older than the average crowd around this place. Although I don't think I've ever seen a mum around here before, so that must be kinda cool if I say so myself. I've seen girls around here who say things like "omg luv mah baby gurl" which either makes me think they're an actual mother, or just a lesbian. Not in a bad sense of course. XD;

Now I'm pretty sure there a Metal and Color Generation Gaming section somewhere around here which you may be interested in, since you grew up with those games. I believe I still have my Silver version somewhere in my house, but it's a bad thing the battery dried up, so I can't play it anymore. x( Oh well, at least there's an emulator I can use for that stuff. :D I like trading as well on the occasion, and I know pretty much everything about this IV/EV stuff you may be trying to figure out, so don't be afraid to ask me any questions you may have about all the technical stuff about the game. You may also want to visit the Wi-fi Center which is probably going to be your biggest hope in getting the knowledge you need for that stuff. :)

Read the rules, and stuff. Don't be afraid to ask any question you may have, and I almost forgot. Welcome to the community! :D

Ja ne~ (I'm assuming you know what that means, since you watch anime). XD;

Years
  • welcome to PC site Ramune..enjoy your self here and dont forget to read forum rules before posting...also u should ask your kid join here too..:D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Nope, you're not the only older fan here (I'm not quite 85 as my profile says, but I'm no spring chicken either xD)!

Welcome to PC, and that's great that you're still a fan. I've been playing the games since I first got Blue, and I haven't let up since. I'm also a big anime fan, and you should check out our Japanese Entertainment section for anime discussion. You'll find me there quite a bit.

In any event, I hope you enjoy your time on our site and get to know lots of other Pokemon fans! Have fun hanging out with us!

Back