• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

raekuul

Team Anorith Grunt
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 13, 2017
Minor update: Loli now has three flying types plus a cut slave.

Years
Update time!!

I lied about not catching a scyther.. Named him Scythe.. I'm really creative with nicknames! My goal is to get to the rocket base and get thief and teach it to sentret, so i can steal some metal coats from magnemite, and then trade to get a scizor AND a steelix. Also, i will catch one, and HOPE it has a metal coat so i don't have to steal as much as i would originally.. Well, i caught a magnemite, named him Philips, for the screw driver, but, sadly, it didn't have a metal coat..

After grinding them all to level 25, i challenged morty, leading with Scythe. Scythe killed the gastly, and Philips killed the first haunter. Boulder and Philips both died by gengars retarded dream eater, and Scythe got lucky and killed it with pursuit and finished it with 3 pursuits on the last haunter.

Now for thief.. surfed across with furret, went straight to the lake of rage and killed the red gyarados with Philips. Tan straight through the base and picked up the TM and left. After about 40 tries, i found ONE metal coat. The way i see it, there's a 8 out of 100 chance to get one.

Right after i traded to get STEELIX!!!!, i found another metal coat! I am LUCkY!

Now that i have 2 more steel types, i can continue my journey. Made it to jasmine quickly, then surfed to cianwood.. didn't remember about chuck.. this could be tough..

I was half wrong. I thought he would take out my whole team. He only took out half.. Boulder beat his primeape with rage, but died to poliwraths surf. I sent out Scythe by mistake, and be almost took down poliwrath. A few dynamic punches or whatever and he died too. I sent out Philips, who evolved to magneton on the way over, and finished him in one shot.

I forgot to find a fly slave, so i had to surf back to olivine. I got the potion to Jasmine, and made my way back to her gym...

Philips was the most effective in this battle. I am glad that i didn't get rid of sonic boom. Boulder and Scythe died.. again.. But fairly easy battle. Haven't had to use Pinecones self destruct yet..

At the rocket base, Pinecone evolved! Now my team consists of all steel types! Breezed through it the rest of the way. Now, the gym.

Took price out easy with Scythe and Philips. Thunder shock and quick attack did the job. Now, the stupid radio tower..

Instead of going straight to goldenrod, i went to blackthorn and caught me a Jet plane, skarmory. Not sure if i'm going to keep him though..

Made it to goldenrod and destroyed the radio tower. And the underground thingy. Blackthorn city is next..

I didn't like clair. She fainted Philips in 2 surfs. But she still died to me. I had to go catch a golduck in ilex so i can teach it the moves.. but not now. I'm done for the day

My Current Team...

Philips/Magneton

Level 37

-Tri Attack
-Thunder Shock
-Thunder Wave
-Sonic Boom

Scythe/Scizor

Level 36

-Quick Attack
-Metal Claw
-Slash
-Pursuit

Jet/Skarmory

Level 35

-Peck
-Sand-Attack
-Swift
-Fly

Boulder/Steelix

Level 40

-Iron Tail
-Sand Storm
-Slam
-Rock Throw

Pincone/Forretress

Level 40

-Tackle
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion
-Take Down

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
I'm gonna start an electric type challenge starting with leafgreen, dont have access to the other ones. can I use my squirtle for help on the first gym since pikachu isn't going to easily win?

Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2016
~Defeated Team Rocket at Silph Co
~Went to Fuchsia City
~Try to catch some normal types at the Safari Zone but fail -_-
~Beat Koga
~Then I beat Sabrina
~I surfed to Cinnibar Island
~Realized that I have to train my pokemons to Lv.50 :|

Current Team:
Snorlax - Lv.40
-Headbutt
-Surf
-Rest
-Body Slam

Pidgeot - Lv.41
-Gust
-Wing Attack
-Quick Attack
-Fly

Raticate - Lv.40
-Bubblebeam
-Focus Energy
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Wigglytuff - Lv.40
-Sing
-Body Slam
-Thunder Bolt
-Double-Edge

Clefable - Lv.40
-Water Gun
-Metronome
-Sing
-Doubleslap

Years
  • Seen Apr 23, 2013
I'll take this challenge. I'll do red->crystal->Emerald->Platinum
I'll be electric type.
UPDATE: Although I posted today, I've been doing this challenge for a few days now.

Have not used hacks or cheats. Nearing the fuschia gym in pokemon red:

Team: Raichu:44
Jolteon:43(i think)
charmander:12 cut hm slave lol

BIG UPDATE:
I now have 5 gym badges, two new pokemon, and have surf, strength, and 2 new hm slaves. Also finished the rocket base in celedon, and currently grinding levels in seafoam islands(wanna get to like lvl 50 with all 4 attacking pokemon)

Team:

Level 49 Raichu

Level 48 Jolteon

Level 43 Electabuzz

Level 41 Magneton

Pidgey-fly hm slave

Krabby-cut,surf,strength hmslave

Also, how do i post the sprites in my posts? if anyone could answer that would help. Thanks

Will update again soon!

Last edited:

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
alright, update #1
electric on LG

-started with squirtle
-caught pikachu as first pokemon
-beat brock w/ sqirtle as I had no choice & obtained first badge
-got through Mt. Moon and rejected squirtle as a training helper
-sweeped Gary with my pikachu

My team as of now is:

Platinum_Pikachu_Sprite.png

LV 22

Thundershock
Quick Attack
Double Team
Slam

it will basicly be a solo challenge until I get surf to go to the power plant

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
I'll take electric for my challenge. I hope it's okay if I've already started.
So far;
-Started with Squirtle
-Caught a Pikachu
-Did hours of grinding
-Beat Brock -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tdWmO3ev8I
-Went through Mt. Moon
-Beat Misty -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKL0UuOyDN0
-Beat my rival
-Met bill + got the SS Ticket

My Team;

Spr_1b_025.png

Cheddar/Pikachu
Lv. 29
-Thundershock
-Swift
-Thunder Wave
-Quick Attack

-Squirtle (Surf), 2nd Pikachu (Flash?)

I'll be recording all my important battles and putting them on YT but it takes a while to load so once they're uploaded I'll put links in the posts where they belong.

Last edited:

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 10, 2020
it will basicly be a solo challenge until I get surf to go to the power plant

you can use jolteon if you want.

ive got no updates yet, i just really need somting to doo on my GBA(=my Leaf Green) so i start my 3rd of these challenges at a time for my vacation to germany(of 12 hours driving ive got 4 hours DS + 2 hours Laptop = 6 hours with only my GBA)

It will be a Normal Challenge, without any use of Flying-Types(Because i count Normal/Flying pokemon´s as pure Flying)

GrassGiant

Grass Fan
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2014
Updating:
-Got SHINY STONE in Iron Island+Useless Egg
-Artya became a Roserade
-Beaten Byron in Canalave[Video]

Team:
Raedu@Quick Claw
Spr_4d_389.png

Lv 49
-Crunch
-Curse
-Earthquake
-Razor Leaf

Artya@Exp Share
Spr_4d_407_m.png

Lv 44
-Petal Dance
-Leech Seed
-Toxic
-Stun Spore

Sora247_2009

Will Sprite for food!!
Years
I'm back, after completely bailing on my other challenges. This time, however, I am completely determined to do this. I'll be starting on Leaf Green shortly, using the Flying type. Platinum will be the easiest game by far, since I can dominate the entire thing with Staraptor if needed (Brave Bird is epic).

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
Update 2;
-Made it through to Vermillion City
-Trained a bit
-Explored the SS Anne
-Beat my Rival again - Didn't record
-Got Cut
-Beat Surge -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAXsRjUDtTI
-Caught a Voltorb
-Made it to Lavender Town

My Current Team;
Spr_1b_025.png

Cheddar//Pikachu
Lv. 38
-Thundershock
-Swift
-Thunderwave
-Quick Attack
Spr_1b_101.png

Bombomb//Electrode
Lv. 30
-Thunderbolt
-Screech
-Sonicboom
-Selfdestruct
Spr_1b_135.png

Needles//Jolteon
Lv.25
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack

Last edited:
Years
short update.

Made it through victory road. Before exiting, ran into my rival...

This battle was a breeze up till typholsion came out. I forgot that Boulder was a steel, so i planned on spamming rock throw. Sadly, typholsion used flame wheel and took out boulder.. and pincone.. I had Philips go out there, paralyze him, then spammed tri attack. Took the rest out easily with scythe. Tomorrow, the elite four. should be fairly easy... i think..

My Current Team..

Boulder/Steelix

Level 43

-Iron Tail
-Sand Storm
-Slam
-Rock Throw

Pinecone/Forretress

Level 40

-Tackle
-Rapid Spin
-Explosion
-Take Down

Philips/Magneton

Level 40

-Tri Attack
-Thunder Shock
-Thunder Wave
-Sonic Boom

Scythe/Scizor

Level 40

-Quick Attack
-Metal Claw
-Slash
-Pursuit

Jet/Skarmory

Level 40

-Peck
-Fury Attack
-Swift
-Fly

salmence33

I'm out here
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen today
update #2:

-got to bills house and got S.S. Ticket
-went to Vermillion City
-explored S.S. Anne and beat Blue, got cut
-battled Lt. Surge and won
-went through diglett tunnel and got flash
-caught voltorb
-went through dark tunnel
-got tea and went to saffron city
----------------
Team:

025pikachu.png

LV 34
Thundershock
Quick Attack
Thunderbolt
Slam

100.gif

LV17
Charge
Tackle
Screech
Sonicboom

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
oh, hey. sorry i didnt update. ive been playing all this time and i havent even updated. how silly of me. Okay.

First I ran through the "required"part of the game as fast as i could. I skipped as many trainers as i could, but my Jynx was at lv 45. I just went to Fuchsia and surfed immediately, so i could get my other 2 ice types. i am currently training, and going around defeating trainers until i am strong enough to beat the E4.
My team
Rougela/Jynx lv 45
rbspr124.png

Psychic
Lovely Kiss
Ice Punch
Submission
a very handy special sweeper. remember, the psychic type is overpowered in this game.

Jugon/Dewgong lv 40
rbspr087.png

Headbutt
Aurora Beam
Horn Drill
Surf
since I have 2 water/ice types, I made this one the attacker and Cloyster the defender.

Parshen/Cloyster lv 34
rbspr091.png

Ice Beam
Withdraw
Toxic
Clamp
May have given this one bad moves. has only 10 pp for main attacking move, so cannot sweep. That explains the underleveling. But ether cures all.

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
oh, hey. sorry i didnt update. ive been playing all this time and i havent even updated. how silly of me. Okay.

First I ran through the "required"part of the game as fast as i could. I skipped as many trainers as i could, but my Jynx was at lv 45. I just went to Fuchsia and surfed immediately, so i could get my other 2 ice types. i am currently training, and going around defeating trainers until i am strong enough to beat the E4.
My team
Rougela/Jynx lv 45
rbspr124.png

Psychic
Lovely Kiss
Ice Punch
Submission
a very handy special sweeper. remember, the psychic type is overpowered in this game.

Jugon/Dewgong lv 40
rbspr087.png

Headbutt
Aurora Beam
Horn Drill
Surf
since I have 2 water/ice types, I made this one the attacker and Cloyster the defender.

Parshen/Cloyster lv 34
rbspr091.png

Ice Beam
Withdraw
Toxic
Clamp
May have given this one bad moves. has only 10 pp for main attacking move, so cannot sweep. That explains the underleveling. But ether cures all.
You know that "required" is only Brock and Misty, right? You can get Lapras before 3rd Gym, and all the Ice types if you beat Koga 3rd. Also, why are you not using Lapras? You think Jynx is a good Special Sweeper, try Psy/Surf/BoltBeam Lapras.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2010
Update #3
Today I accomplished quite a bit;
-Got Jolteon
-Beat Erika -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeKANSZBI4k
-Went through the Rocket's Game Corner Base
-Beat Giovanni for the first time
-Got the Silph Scope
-Went through Pokemon Tower
-Got the PokeFlute
-Got Surf + Strength
-Beat Koga -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRN51qZ6p5I
-Got Magneton
-Beat the Rocket's at Silph Co.
-Beat the Dojo
-Beat Sabrina -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSJjQaaGh7k
-Got the Key to Cinnabar Gym
-Beat Blaine -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9s24KqpmtM
-Beat Giovanni -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emqltdiA8wg
-Beat my rival once more
-Went through Victory Road
-I'm now preparing to face the E4

My Team As Of The End of Today;
Spr_1b_026.png

Cheddar//Raichu
Lv. 47
-Thundershock
-Swift
-Thunder
-Quick Attack
Spr_1b_101.png

Bombomb//Electrode
Lv. 46
-Thunderbolt
-Swift
-Selfdestruct
-Sonicboom
Spr_1b_135.png

Needles//Jolteon
Lv. 46
-Double Kick
-Double-Edge
-Quick Attack
-Thundershock

Spr_1b_082.png

Magneto//Magneton
Lv. 46
-Take Down
-Swift
-Thundershock
-Supersonic

Last edited:

dragon0fangz

account moved to 649
Years
You know that "required" is only Brock and Misty, right? You can get Lapras before 3rd Gym, and all the Ice types if you beat Koga 3rd. Also, why are you not using Lapras? You think Jynx is a good Special Sweeper, try Psy/Surf/BoltBeam Lapras.

i know im strange, but i use a different pokemon every game. In this case, im saving Lapras for Silver. I will have Lapras, Sneasel, and Piloswine. Oh yeah, and i did indeed beat koga third. When i say required, i mean those first three, and everything up to the pokeflute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back