• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Awesome Video Games Done Quick 2014

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    A bit late, but hey, I just decided to make this thread.
    qXYw8vS.png

What is it?
    The fourth annual speed running marathon: Awesome Games Done Quick 2014. Is a 7-day online event (from January 5th-11th) to raise money for the Prevent Cancer Foundation. Featuring over 140 games, speed runners will play continuously in order to collect donations for Prevent Cancer Foundation, the partner for this event. During the marathon, donations enter you into various prizes, and can be used to determine the outcome of bidding wars! The various prizes and bidding wars can be found in the AGDQ2014 schedule.
    YOU CAN HELP DONATE TO FIGHT CANCER DIRECTLY THROUGH GAMESDONEQUICK.COM

WATCH HERE

VVVVVV is on now. After it will be Age of Empires 2 run and then Starcraft II.

6 hour run of Chrono Trigger is the finale, which is following a Wind Waker HD speedrun by none other than Cosmo Wright.

Schedule, based on your time zone

Previous runs! Catch up with what you missed!

GO WATCH THE F-ZERO GX AND HITMAN BLOOD MONEY RUNS

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Ahaha, I was watching it too! The F-Zero run was fantastic! Mmm, kinda interested on how they'll play Chrono Trigger (only cause I literally haven't seen the game before); but so far, this is pretty well done!~

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The Hitman Blood Money run was absolutely hilarious. *Throw metal suit case through metal detector. Doesn't detect*

Looking forward to the Metroid block the most. Metroid Prime, followed by Super Metroid and a low% hard run (if incentive is met) of Zero Mission? Hell yes! Really hoping the F-Zero X 64DD incentive is met as well.

I also hope the Chrono Trigger character names incentive is met. Would be hilarious to see.

EDIT: VVVVVV time!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • The "I Wanna Be The Guy" stream has a giant Cirno doll. It gets props for that much.

Ahaha, I was watching it too! The F-Zero run was fantastic! Mmm, kinda interested on how they'll play Chrono Trigger (only cause I literally haven't seen the game before); but so far, this is pretty well done!~
    I'm making it a point to avoid games that I haven't played yet, especially ones that I own (Unless I don't plan to play them, there aren't too many spoilers, etc.)

...With that said, go play Chrono Trigger now. It's great, and they'll probably make use of one of the many early endings to speedrun it.

But for the most part I'm going back and watching them rather than watching them live, if only because I don't have the times down.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The "I Wanna Be The Guy" stream has a giant Cirno doll. It gets props for that much.

I'm making it a point to avoid games that I haven't played yet, especially ones that I own (Unless I don't plan to play them, there aren't too many spoilers, etc.)

...With that said, go play Chrono Trigger now. It's great, and they'll probably make use of one of the many early endings to speedrun it.

But for the most part I'm going back and watching them rather than watching them live, if only because I don't have the times down.
    Here's the Schedule

I personally don't recommend only watching games you played unless you really care about even the most minor spoilers or if it's a game you actually wanna play blind eventually, otherwise you're missing a lot of great stuff. I never played Hitman Blood Money but that run really made me want to buy and play the game right now.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • THIS VVVVVV RUN ahahahaa! And those skips!! But the game looks really hard though. ;o; I don't really mind spoilers for games.. I may not get to try in the end. ):

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Maybe, and I know a lot of people do things like watch AMVs or Let's Plays of games to get into them, and I can do it for some things, especially story-lite things (So NES games and non-RPG SNES games), but I don't like to know what to expect in a lot of games. It varies, really, but I wouldn't watch...say...The Stanley Parable had I not played it before while I'd easily be able to watch Metroid.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    I get story-heavy games, but fortunately AGDQ is most of games where it's pretty much not a loss at all to spoil.

Also Terry Cavanagh, VVVVVV's creator, is on skype on stream right now! The run is crazy!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The StarCraft II brutal run was holy crap boring. Who thought speedrunning that game was a good idea? I honestly think it was picked to get those Twitch views more than anything.

Half-Life runs made up for it, at least.

Back