• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCenter Mod Team

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
Years
  • To tell you the truth, I got alot more of a buzz about the new caves than i was thinking, but i'll do my best to cover everything.

1. Articlucario, I really like the Idea of the pokemon pound. I used to love being able to save up money and get a pokemon at that game corner in the older games, but they quit that for who knows why. I want to set that plan in motion, but how about we set up a list of pokemon you can get there instead of a random thing. Im trying to think of how we would do a random event without it letting people buy, lets say Regigigas. Soemone buys him at that point in the game, there would no point in training their other pokemon, they already have their pokemon to take out Cyrus and the E4.

2. The church in lavender seems to be one of the more talked about topics on this thread. The building doesnt have to look like an old Cathedral. I live next to a church that looks like a giant cube. Ugly as it is, it still gets the point across with the giant cross that shadows out the sun. Why cant we just build a big building with a statue of Arceus in front ofit. The statue would be alot easyer to make that haveing a tile set maker build us a whole church.

3. The Caves are next on my list. The map I posted is just my first draft. It was just supposed to get your imagination running and it did. I am going to take you guy's idea and move Palkia far away from Dialga. Im thinking that palkia's cave will be somewhere near the safari zone. Now, our mappers are going to have to get very creative here. In order for this to look convincing, not only will te plaer be able to enter the caves, but the caves should be visible on the nearest route. For example, say Inland cave ends up near Bill's house. When the player travels to bills house before the second badge, the player should be able to see the base of the mountain. Now, of course the player will not be able to enter until a later event, but it will still be quite a landmark.

4. Waking up. My only problem here is repetition. Not only will we be repeating what we have done, but what the past games have done. I think I may have come up with a solution, but I want your comments on it. Lets integrate Rayquaza into the story now. Cyrus trys to capture Rayquaza (for what reason, we will find out later). As rayquaza gets hurt by Deoxys, he lets out an eardrum shattering distress cry. The cry is loud enough that it awakens Groudon and Kyogre to instintly run to aid their friend. Not being able to fight all three, Cyrus flees. After the battle is over, Groudon and Kyogre return to their respective caves to faceoff with the hero. Now for the other three. Upon entering the cave which holds the rip to the other dimension, the player witnesses an earthquake. When he/she enters, he/she walks directly into a battle between Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina. The player must make it through the Alternate world and take on Giratina (and possibly catch him). After that, the dimension closes violently and the player is transported back to the cave. Dialga and Palkia disappear into space and time and show on top of their "Pillars" for the player to battle.

5. In platinum, each of the main legends have an orb. Giratina=Griceous Orb, Dialga=Adamant...and so on. Why cant Groudon and Kyogre have and orb? We need to make an orb for ech one of the five that will boost their powers like the orbs in Platinum.

6. Pictures/Graphics. I love the banner. We need one more to advertise the game itself. It should go along with the 5 gods and the creator in some way. Next thing, does anyone have any knowledge in making maps? I want to get an updated version of the Kanto map featureing the new mountains and some other features im thinking up. If you can make this, contact me in some way.

Thank you all for reading this GOLIATH post. If I missed anything or you would like to discuss something, let me know. Remember, we are still hiring, so if your already in, spread the word whenever you get the chance. Tell them about this post so that they can take a look at what we are planning.

ArcticLucario

Pokecenter mod team spritist
    Years
  • ok, I understand, that works perfectly, with everthing
    Ive got an idea list, for the game,
    New starters, if 30 years past the events of fire red, then new Pokemon would have been discovered

Oak replaced by an older professor elm/ or even older professor Ivy, they have not been included too much in the past games

there are alot of bonus maps,with islands 1-7
    how about we keep islands 1 2 3 and replace other islands with some of the orange islands.
    No other complete game has the orange islands(we could include the crystal onix, pink poke islands, and other things, like a place to get manaphy, we could try.)

If we include new starters, then we have to have all the starters catchable all around the game.

and about some starters, we can include them into the pound to buy.

Here's a list of pokemon i think will fit into the pound
    Pichu
    Togepi
    totadile
    torchic
    turtwig
    Bagon
    shuckle(gold and silver reference, if you know what i mean)
    insert fakemon here
    insert fakemon here
    growlith
    larvitar

also, i have some ideas for fakemon
    pre-evo of lickitung
    pre-evo of mew
    another form of arcues, a genesis form
    media.photobucket.com/image/arceus%20genisis%20form/esepibe/ArceusGenesisForm.png
    (I give credit to the guy who made this ---^)
    Evo of chatot

I will post/edit when I think/find more

Teh banner 4 pokemon legends!
    pokemon-legends-149012828

w00t!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Dude that Arcues in Genesis form is beastly! The pokemon in the pound seem like a pretty good choice, though I dont think the plusle and minun shouldnt be there. The pre-evo of Lickitung would be pretty cool actually I would like to see what that would look like. Having the starters catchable around the game is a must for sure. Also the orange islands sound great! I'll see if I can get a map posted up tomorrow of the first town named....? I found a tileset with a church on it, but its not on the computer im using right now, I'll be back on my main computer tomorrow, so I'll post it up for you guys.

ArcticLucario

Years
  • cool, thats awesome

piercesj, I must remind that this is not my idea, I have to give credit to this guy and we must ask him first before actually using it in this game
    Also, about the church, thats great, that will ease up some tension about makeing our own.
    And about plusle and minun, your right, most trainers who have them, wont give them up for many reasons,

To evrybody, I realized that if we include new pokemon, and have sinnoh pokemon, that both dont belong in the kantodex, we need to redo it and make an kantodex V2, to include all of the pokemon that youll see before the national dex is installed, which will ofcourse be the god pokemon, the new(fakemon) starters, and whatever might appear in between.

I figured if we include the orange islands, we might have to change the shiny of several pokemon to fit the pink poke island, like on the tv series, and new pokemon, like a seperate entry for the crystal onix, it is diffrent than that of a regular onix, It knowes diffrent moves, and is not rock type, it is steel/ice, like on the pokemon narainja, and if we include sinnoh moves, then we could have crystal onix moves, like crystal shard and etc, and we must have a give lapras event, like in the series, but only lv 20.

did you see the pokemon banner i made for the team and the game?
    for the team banner, look in my sig
    for the game,pokemon legends, banner, look here!
    articlucario.deviantart.com/art/pokemon-legends-149012828

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Oh ya dude I totally know you didnt make it. I'll see if I can get the church pic up in a little.

ArcticLucario

Years
  • Hey,
    Im back in school, so I will only be able to reply and work on the mod on weekends and after school at approx 3:30, Mabey at noon i can check this forum for new messages, cause this isnt blocked by school comp, and i have lunch break.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • Well, about genesis form. I have gone over that idea. If you guys get a chance, check out my pic album on my profile labeled legends. It has alot of the fakemon i want to use as of now. I will still be getting fakemon along with our new starters.

Also, sorry for not posting in a couple days. I got a request from a fan of my previous games and I have started ground on that. Dont worry, this will not affect this game at all, simply because that game is an EPIC poem turned into a RPG game using rpg maker xp. I will be working on Legends on weekdays and Fire Flower on weekends, so a majority of my time is still on this game. I have new ideas all the time and i am writting everything down in a notebook as i get the ideas. I will post everything at once, so be prepared.

The mappers. If you can post a pic of the new version of Pallet Town, we will figure out what direction we are going to go with our maps. That will work as the official start of the game.

NATIONAL DEX. This should not be available at the beginning, but we should expand the original to have at least 250 pokemon. In the long run, this will keep interest before the E4 and will still give us over 250 more pokemon after.

I will keep you all updated on what i come up with. I will also post the download link for the demo of my new rpg just in case you guys would like to see my experience. Its not a mod, but it will show you guys some of my creativity. I made you guys send me a proof of Exp, so why should I skip out on it?

nineball

Banned
    Years
  • Application

Skills: I can do most everything at a medium skill level(all but scripting), but for this hack I think I will take to music inserter position.

Proof of Work: Here is a youtube video of my Pokemon Firered music hack with the main town, Pallet Town, its music replaced with Pokemon Gold's New Bark Town music.
    Link is on my account.

Past Experiences: I have been around for a little while trying to hack, but since I am not a very good scripter, I never made it far.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • Well, Nineball, I think your in. I just watched your vid. I have a question for you or for anyone who can answer this, What audio format does the new music have to be in? Im in a band that is ready to work on this but we need to know what format to record in.

BTW, for the team list, check out our site on www.pokecenter.wikidot.com .

nineball

Banned
    Years
  • Hi, the music would have to be in MIDI format. I know, the format is so weird, I wish that GBA would use WMA or MP3, but alas no. The Format for the MIDI itself would have to be 8 Bit at 11 khz. I will put this out their now, I am horrible with music looping. I can insert music fine, but the looping part, well, throws me for a loop. If someone could have them already looped a while, I could just insert them in without hassle, and not have corruption of the ROM over and over. If you have any questions, just PM me, and i'll be sure to respond. I saw that you have the 16 Bit Symphony doing the music work. If I may ask, are you just going to use revamped Pokemon Ruby songs, because if you are thats OK, but personally I find them to be dull and boring even if they are revamped. But you are the boss, so there is not much I can say. On another note, I am working with another member of the Pokemon Community with there music insertion, so a full time job with this team will be almost impossible to do. Part time sounds more likely to happen. Still happy to be part of the team, look forward to working with you all.

Last edited:

nineball

Banned
    Years
  • Sorry guys, I am going to have to back out from the team officially. If you still want me to insert music, just PM me sometime, and I'll work on it. I am starting my own Pokemon Hack Team. See ya around

ArcticLucario

Years
  • Hi evrybody, finally logged back on.
    I had sevreral ideas

the spriters resource came out with ripped hg and ss sprites for overworld, apparently, every single poke has an overworld now, and not just stainonary, all with walking animations

also, i have a way of spreading the word, i have a face book account so i can help gather supporters, and make an group on facebook for pokefans and that might be a way to find more team members, and I can make some facebook apps for the groups page

ok thats pretty much it until next weekend,

and what do you want me to start working on right now, any maps, overworld, of any city?

also, i got an idea down,
    here it is
    if it is 30 years past the events of fire red, then the road from celadon to saffron would be bigger
    and single homes would turn to appartments in saffron

and since the silph co building didnt belong to team rocket, how about cyrus bought out silph co, and giovanni saw they were going to progress too fast, attacked with mewtwo, lost, cyrus took mewtwo, kicked them out of the game corner, and giovanni went back and made the vermilion gym his hideout, ( this next part will be a quest to get 5 masterballs to catch the god pokes) he sends you out to go into the old game corner(where you can play to earn coins to get exotic pokemon, like dratini and clefary, stuff that wouldnt fit into the pound), in his secret base,there are some research notes that he does not want cyrus geting his hands onto(the notes are in a box with a number code, he gives you the code, you take the notes run out and give it to him) and he gives you the five masterballs

plus how about we have kurt( from silver and gold) move to kanto and when you find apricorn, he make pokeballs, and make an new apricorn that makes masterballs

give me a holler if you want me to make that facebook group.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2010
    Hey guys soorry for not being on for awhile ive been at school and you know how that is, but the weekends I can do some work on the hack.

hyde9318

Mystic Gym Leader
    Years
  • sorry about the extended absence. I am coming to you live from Italy right now though. Ok, back to business.

Well, lets get the facebook thing going. The sooner we can do that the better.

Mappers, start working on making bigger cities. Remember, they are 30 yrs later, so like lucario said, lets make single houses in the cities apartments and so on.

Lets also do the apricot thing. I love that idea. We can make it to where the player will have to make their own special balls like the dusk ball and the dive ball.

Instead of 6 Master balls, how bout we make some new specials. Lets make a so called "masterball" for each of the gods. For example: Groudon will be caught with a Magma ball. If the player uses the ball on groudon, it will catch him no matter what, but if they use it on any other pokemon, it will be just like a pokeball. Just a thought i had.

We need some more people, so if you have anyone you know of who would be useful to our cause, let them know about us.

ArcticLucario

Years
  • I finally got internet back at home
    w00t!

hyde, where are you in Italy? Venice? Looking for that latios and latias your missing on your pokedex?
    *shifts eyes*( HINT:I already caught them! :P)
    I iz super nerd, I bred the two and got a purple variant called latius.
    I will never trade! :P ( jk don't worry, no offense to anyone ( oops too late, i offended myself!))

anything to specifically work on right now?

im already working on a facebook group, can I borrow some pics from the website and your profile?

EDIT!!!
    legend says that arceus was hatched out of an egg an created the universe right?
    how about destravious came out of a bad egg ( if you cheat to get a mew on fire red and leaf green it sometimes gives you a bad egg)
    I just thought of that

Last edited:

Rtmew

Intermediate scripter
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    Let me join please im an intermediate scripter,ill make events if you wish and ill send you proof if you add me [email protected]

also i know 5 languages so ill translate the game to french,german,chinese,japanese and cantonese fi you like?send me pm

Last edited:

ArcticLucario

Years
  • Anselection and Rtmew
    you both look good, but you'll have to see hyde ( I'm only a admin in the mod team, he is the pres.)

If you want to look at what we are working on before actually joining, look here
    www.pokecenter.wikidot.com

I especially like the whispering village Anselection. good job :D

Edit: looking at that work, you have a pretty good chance of getting in.

Last edited:

chimchar5

learnig surf
    Years
  • I would like to join
    I can beta test and I am an intermidiate spriter (check album on my profile for examples)

Back